Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Ayla
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:57 am 

Merge ayla and nibbs. Her aa gets faster with hits, evil eye teleports you to whatever it hits as well and rage firebreaths in 12 directions.

I'd be all for making rage more extreme so you kinda have to think when you wanna rage on the enemy team, instead of typing pre-game and getting crushed.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:48 am 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Transparent text is a thing that exists.

I also think your idea is genius and, as a result, should be immediately implemented.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:04 am 

The Lord Protector wrote:

I also think your idea is genius and, as a result, should be immediately implemented.

Yes but I wanted it to be slightly visible. Even though I could've just set the text colour to white I didn't. Also being able to set it transparent is nice so I don't have to make it white.
Also I believe my suggestions will be added straight into awesomenauts 2, so you don't have to worry about that.
If we bumped up damage, self damage and speed of rage it could be more of a risk to actually use it. I've played ayla twice and I have 6 triple kills as her against bots, I'm qualified.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:00 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Rage's problem is that it's horrifically powerful in situations where she's not easily countered/her enemies are less coordinated than cherries in a fruit blender: making it even more powerful in those situations and even weaker when she's countered is not going to make her more viable a pick. That's as far in the wrong direction as is physically possible to go, short of making Rage heal enemies instead of damage them.

Rage doesn't need to be more risky to use: it could have no self damage at all and it'd still be the riskiest ability in the game—you're sitting on top of your enemies.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:53 am 

Ayla's broken, dizzy's broken, gg

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:59 pm 

lol necro

I'd honestly accept a Nibbs-esque AA increase for Ayla; perhaps as an upgrade instead of a default mechanic.
I don't want Ayla to literally copy-paste Nibbs' Frenzy, but something similar (damage ramp up could be fun, and encourage more brawling with Ayla) would be interesting.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep: [Femme :thumb: Fatal]
:LeonWink: :think: #BuffBoiCow Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:01 pm 

I still stick by my belief that there's literally nothing we can to to change her for the better without a rework, so I'm forced—by default—to agree with you.

I'd really like Ayla to have an absolutely chaotic playstyle, where she takes massive risks and plays entirely recklessly, but for huge gain. She needs some adrenaline.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:

Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:26 am 

Uiomancant wrote:
The Lord Protector wrote:

Yes but I wanted it to be slightly visible. Even though I could've just set the text colour to white I didn't. Also being able to set it transparent is nice so I don't have to make it white.
Also I believe my suggestions will be added straight into awesomenauts 2, so you don't have to worry about that.
If we bumped up damage, self damage and speed of rage it could be more of a risk to actually use it. I've played ayla twice and I have 6 triple kills as her against bots, I'm qualified.

A terrible idea because ayla's damage is already too much. It doesn't seem so because they tried to compensate her with squishyness. Rage will always be a problem because when ayla breaks through the barrier, she wins by default. Rage can't miss and makes fights predetermined. As long as ayla has the health to fuel rage, she continues to apply the strongest dps in the game.

Your idea doesn't change this where ayla autowins a fight when it's determined she has the hp for it.

I rather have dmg/ramp up removed because fighting near droids and summonables gives her an unfair advantage. It's a shield and heal fest that makes it so hard to determine if you come out on top.

In its place i like to see a mechanic that gives less damage and more self damage the longer you stay in rage. I believe this is a much better mechanic than giving her loads of self dmg.

Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:35 am 

Japiepatatzakie wrote:
A terrible idea because ayla's damage is already too much. It doesn't seem so because they tried to compensate her with squishyness. Rage will always be a problem because when ayla breaks through the barrier, she wins by default. Rage can't miss and makes fights predetermined. As long as ayla has the health to fuel rage, she continues to apply the strongest dps in the game.

Your idea doesn't change this where ayla autowins a fight when it's determined she has the hp for it.

I rather have dmg/ramp up removed because fighting near droids and summonables gives her an unfair advantage. It's a shield and heal fest that makes it so hard to determine if you come out on top.

In its place i like to see a mechanic that gives less damage and more self damage the longer you stay in rage. I believe this is a much better mechanic than giving her loads of self dmg.

Yeah, I totally agree. When that was posted I didn't see any decent aylas and thought she was weak.
I like the less damage/more self damage thing though, even though I love ion blowtorch so I might be attracted to the idea of raging till it procs and having fun slapping people.
An idea I was toying with was split the damage so you can direct rage, but I believe that'd make the skill less fun to use.

Let's just turn rage into sentrys new bhs and we done with it

Post Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 4:45 am 

Just gonna say that when I proposed the "increased damage/shield for more targets in Rage" mechanic, I intended it to be much more extreme and noticeable than its actual implementation. Like, insurmountable if your team's in a cluster, but basically useless on a single target. The idea being that AA/EE is for single combat and Rage forces a team to temporarily separate (like an exploding Clunk or nuke would). It was intended to turn Rage into a shorter-term DPS threat, kind of like Nibbs's fire ended up being, rather than the AA replacement it is and has always been.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla: