Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Universal Charger replacement idea
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:32 pm 

Never bought UC, didnt know it was a thing :GnawShock: . Timing the xplosion and bite is all what matters anyway... I usually start xplosion first, bite later. I always just pick dmg+reduced self dmg+slow, or 50% dmg shield if enemy has Clunk/Derpl/Snork/a good Nibbs.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:47 am 

UC is a great skill to use versus certain nauts which can block off your access or have easy escape methods.

old idea - extend explode duration
That said I always thought having an ability that extends the duration of explode by 50% / 1 second would be interesting. Solely because it would work in synergy with Grease lightning snail(20-40% slow) , Blueprints(50%shields) and the standard such as hardhat.

This would allow more of a build around for the matches where you cannot land your explodes. Such as frustrating Genji or ix wall or just mechanical walls such as Rae / scree . Instead of explode being rendered practically useless, it can be used for survival and utility.

A problem with explode is that especially in higher leagues landing your explodes becomes increasingly difficult to land and the desired nauts often counter Clunk.
As a result of this I have observed that clunks will often resort to getting UC to help, but once UC is purchased it locks them into a limited explode pool with no flexibility.
And chances are if they couldn't reach the enemy nauts before, they won't with UC, it seems to only increase the risk.

Lastly explodes biggest strength is its area threat, when that explode is going off you have that time to breathe as the enemy try to get out of it, this is great for escaping, but if you get UC you destroy most of this time, this is why poorly performing players often play worst after getting UC.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:17 pm 

Raork wrote:
UC is a great skill to use versus certain nauts which can block off your access or have easy escape methods.

old idea - extend explode duration
That said I always thought having an ability that extends the duration of explode by 50% / 1 second would be interesting. Solely because it would work in synergy with Grease lightning snail(20-40% slow) , Blueprints(50%shields) and the standard such as hardhat.

This would allow more of a build around for the matches where you cannot land your explodes. Such as frustrating Genji or ix wall or just mechanical walls such as Rae / scree . Instead of explode being rendered practically useless, it can be used for survival and utility.

A problem with explode is that especially in higher leagues landing your explodes becomes increasingly difficult to land and the desired nauts often counter Clunk.
As a result of this I have observed that clunks will often resort to getting UC to help, but once UC is purchased it locks them into a limited explode pool with no flexibility.
And chances are if they couldn't reach the enemy nauts before, they won't with UC, it seems to only increase the risk.

Lastly explodes biggest strength is its area threat, when that explode is going off you have that time to breathe as the enemy try to get out of it, this is great for escaping, but if you get UC you destroy most of this time, this is why poorly performing players often play worst after getting UC.

If they did the same as nado extension for froggy I would actually consider buying it for clunk. If it was extended by 1 second but then you could choose to detonate it whenever you wanted (after the initial windup of course) that could give you a lot of flexibility. If you just increase the time without the option of detonation a smart player will realize you don't really have any area denial in that time.

If the leaderboards were truly always designed to be strictly for the matchmaker's consideration only and not for players to climb, I'll film myself drinking several litres of condensed milk and PayPal you all £1,000

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:56 am 

Universal Charger is in a difficult spot because explode as an ability is pure hardcounter based. Playing VS the infamous snaresplode combo is often a game of chess where you have to decide who needs to sacrifice himself first to win a teamf