Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Derpl grid trap!!
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:55 pm 

I haven't played this game for years cause of school. Derpl is my favourite character and an underrated character. I love playing him. I came back playing today and so disappointed with his nerf cause his grid trap is delayed. The heck. You won't see much players play Derpl but he still gets nerf. What's the hate. Alot of things have been downgraded from Derpl but for his grid trap to be delayed is just mess up. I hope they changed it back.

Post subject: Re: Derpl grid trap!!
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:34 pm 

I main derpl as well but this change happened a long time ago. At that time derpl was extremely overbearing and I could win the majority of my matches with him even though I have an overall win percentage of 40%. The nerf was necessary as he just had little counterplay with so much of the nauts cast.

How much a naut is played has little to do with how good they are. Currently dizzy and snork are OP as hell but few people play them because they aren't the most satisfying to win with.

If the leaderboards were truly always designed to be strictly for the matchmaker's consideration only and not for players to climb, I'll film myself drinking several litres of condensed milk and PayPal you all £1,000

Post Posted: Sat May 04, 2019 7:24 am 

I completely agree with you BlueFlash.
I too was extremely disappointed.
Apparently it was done to tone Derpl down on Starstorm, which I think was a stupid decision. The better solution would have been to give a shield when using the portals

Derpl has nothing on a good Penny, Leon etc. anymore.
Can only beat bad players now.

Post Posted: Sat May 04, 2019 6:46 pm 

mugg1991 wrote:
Apparently it was done to tone Derpl down on Starstorm, which I think was a stupid decision. The better solution would have been to give a shield when using the portals

i thought it was more because he was nearly unapproachable for melee characters. the delay gives them a moment where they can get some damage in

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:46 am 

EgyptFalcon wrote:
I main derpl as well but this change happened a long time ago. At that time derpl was extremely overbearing and I could win the majority of my matches with him even though I have an overall win percentage of 40%. The nerf was necessary as he just had little counterplay with so much of the nauts cast.

How much a naut is played has little to do with how good they are. Currently dizzy and snork are OP as hell but few people play them because they aren't the most satisfying to win with.

Pretty much this. Old Derpl could just poop snares and get people with pretty much zero counterplay. Especially with the rework to Bat Catsuit this needed a change. I do think the delay is a little heavy now and it could maybe be reduced by half a second, but the real issue is that the base snare wasn't changed to compensate imo.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep:
:LeonWink: Naut
Not a :glasses: :table: :rae:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:58 am 

The way the change was handled was really bad. It was a significant change that needed to be toyed around with and had to be ready to be modified swiftly. Instead we got... this.

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.