Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Qi'Tara is unbalanced
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:56 pm 

Qi'Tara can apply to much dot damage too quickly, it only takes a second for your entire bar to be filled up with a dot that ticks far too hard. Med-i-can is almost pointless as the dot damage ticks so hard and fast. Mix that in with the fact that she can teleport to you after a hit, dot and then teleport away means she needs major work.

Post subject: Re: Qi'Tara is unbalanced
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:08 pm 

Nova 8 wrote:
Qi'Tara can apply to much dot damage too quickly, it only takes a second for your entire bar to be filled up with a dot that ticks far too hard. Med-i-can is almost pointless as the dot damage ticks so hard and fast. Mix that in with the fact that she can teleport to you after a hit, dot and then teleport away means she needs major work.

It actually only takes 0.1 sec.
I would think the entire community agrees certain characters like Snork, Qitara and Raelynn with piercing are way too dominating. But nothing is being done because Ronimo has stopped working on new patches for over 4 months.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:09 am 

Qitara and Snork do too much damage, especially with a team poking. I think no naut should be able to take someone from full hp this fast with a high range initation.

That being said, the only purpose of these chars right now is to assassinate opponents. In solo play they need to secure the kills before abilities run out. If we simply nerf dmg output and leave the duration for as it is, you end up with games where it is impossible to get kills. And since snork and qitara bring nothing else to the table, you'll probably feel useless on the field.

For Qitara: Double tapping shift is too strong VS squishies, full SSS is too strong VS tanks. Make AA outside of SSS stronger and nerf SSS dmg and buff duration by a second.

For Snork: Snork is kind of a mess because he never got balance. He needs less consistency with big shell upgrade and cd hook. Also his base AA dmg should be better while the upgrades shouldn't be this busted. He needs a dmg nerf overall in shell and AA dmg output. Hook should have more frames. His jump acceleration should be better.

I think they don't necessarily have too much dmg in their kit, but it's too fast.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:27 pm 

Gonna just chime in with my agreement here. Qi'Tara in her current state plays like a strictly better Gnaw minus the passive aspects of weedlings (which haven't been strong in ages; but the rest of his tools are strong enough, so he's ok).

That makes Qi'Tara decidedly not ok. The strategy for both of these characters is to get in, apply an advantageous amount of DoT (more long-term damage than the enemy can deal over the same time interval in return), then get out as quickly as possible. Rinse-and-repeat. The difference is that with Gnaw, you actually have to repeat using jump-based jukes, and you are still incentivized for landing individual bites because it gives you parts for face-weeding (which is an essential use for the skill in a competitive game). Oh, and hey, planting weeds self-stuns you, because good damage output should come with drawbacks (clearly a philosophy from a bygone era).

With Qi'Tara, there is no repeat. Get in (from a mile away, using a fast-projectile zero-telegraph teleport), apply an easily lethal amount of damage with your second skill (DoT Tornado), then get out with a second button press. There is no drawback.

RIP balance.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:52 pm 

all that 7 and 7 flying on me in less than 5 minutes game, as a penny main is pretty hard. It forces me buy against buy against my will the purple pig(that reduces 30% of negative status) and double regen hp. Sometimes she deals so much damage that i cant do nothing.
Everytime im with penny and theres a qitara on the other team i have to run like a coward and hide behind the turret because of qitara often.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:55 pm 

Have you considered,
moving 3 feet to the left? :ix:

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep:
:LeonWink: Naut
Not a :glasses: :table: :rae:

Mafia stats.