Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts



Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

Author Message
 Post subject: Re: [Read]Before You Make a Thread on Balance
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:54 am
Posts: 3204
Location: Leon's Automobile (Frager's Basement)
sticky pls

_________________
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketcup.
10/11/12 - RONIMO DUN GOOFED. NEVER FORGET
Follow me to Leon's Van.

Restless Frager wrote:
No, you're a manly girl, that's why I like you.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Read]Before You Make a Thread on Balance
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:21 am
Posts: 1289
Location: Coldnada
Phoenixio wrote:
I think people should just stop making balance threads. Since Clever Girl and NerfPyro made their thread on Gnaw and with Ronimo listening to them (and then Team Awful on whatever other trouble there was) it's been a blizzard of balance threads.

Before that, most people were discussing the patch changes and strategy ideas to beat certain characters (and sometimes people found out one was too strong or too weak that way). Now everybody wants a piece of the cake and everybody suggests ideas instead of clearly identifying the problems. I think the main subject back then was how RNG was annoying, and that was pretty much it.

I for one am a little sick of how this forum turned out. Let Ronimo do their jobs. It's not fun reading this part of the forum anymore with so many people thinking they have the idea of the year to fix a character.



Disagree, with that train of thought we should have left V&S with the 280 burst, gnaw with his ridiculous turret pushing, coco with her crazy area denial, and Rae with her blaster that was too inexpensive for the damage.

Not to mention there have been balance threads before cleverG and nerf made posts, its not like they started a trend (if anybody did it was spear :lol: jk), this sub-forum is labelled balance & tactics, not just tactics. Just having a sub-forum with balance as a topic clearly shows that Ronimo doesn't want to make all the decisions on their own and that they may not be privy to how everything in the game balances out.

I for one kind of like the flood of crying about certain skills, it shows that more people are getting interested enough in the game to come on the forums and give their opinions. It can only be a good thing, Ronimo most likely takes people with less time on the forums with a grain of salt as it ususally relates to when they started playing give or take a month or two.

If you don't enjoy somebodies ideas then prove them wrong like Duplosion, and Platelamp did to me, I am grateful for their responses as it gave me a point of view I didnt have before. Again, it can only be a good thing that you see this many new people making topics about balance, and if you actually respond to them intelligently and prove your point it will actually help them improve in game as they gain more knowledge.

_________________
www.twitch.tv/checkmarkz I stream sometimes ;)
Steamid:Checkmarks
Favorite Awesomenauts: :ayla: :rae: Skilldir :tear:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Read]Before You Make a Thread on Balance
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:04 pm
Posts: 2352
Honestly, there have been plenty of older threads about making changes for balance even before the past few months. The reason you start to see more threads does come from the player base growing. I won't disagree with Phoenixio in that the fact that some changes did get implemented from threads before, such as Nerf's Voltar thread as one of the biggest examples. However, as Checkmarks states, Ronimo does listen to what is said on the forums, and they too could take some ideas from what people say.

I don't mind going through all the new threads and checking out what people have mentioned. The problem that exists for newer players though is trying to find all the information they need or to easily be able to get a question answered. As such, it might be nice to get a New Player or Ask a Question Sub-forum for these quick threads for new players.

_________________
Team Nerf Plz. Steam ID.

Forum Code of Conduct!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Read]Before You Make a Thread on Balance
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:05 am
Posts: 569
While I agree with the fact that it proves that more and more people are joining the game, I still think there's too much of it. In fact, I believe people don't make the difference between features and broken mechanics.

Let's take Raelynn's Blaster as an example. Sure there was a bug about her trap doubling damage for more than one shot. But apart from that, was the blaster really broken? Was it winning games by itself? Because the way I see it, Raelynn was a good character with her auto-attack, and once she maxed it, there was less and less she could do in that match as other characters maxed their other skills. We don't have that many characters that excel with auto attacks, apart from Shotty G and Crit Leon. Maybe it was slightly too cheap, but that's the kind of fix I believe Ronimo can do by itself without a bunch of people crying "OP" everywhere.

I believe there truly are balance issues, but certainly not as any as people think. And I especially hate the "nerf" threads where people cry over the "caster" or "tank" class of characters. I know Leon and Froggy fill the perfect role of agility and burst characters, but the other characters can have their specialties too... But often people are taken out of their comfort zone and have to whine about those caster and tank characters when Leon and Froggy can't deal with them with ease anymore.

Alas, this isn't the kind of thing that can be explained easily to newcomers.

_________________
Phoenixio wrote:

Alijar wrote:
OH GOD NO.
NO.
HOW COULD YOU DO THIS.

catgame21234 wrote:
DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK I WOKE UP MY ROOMMATE SCREAMING
:GnawCry: :GnawCry: :GnawCry: :GnawCry:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Read]Before You Make a Thread on Balance
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:07 pm
Posts: 926
I think its ok if ppl post their feelings about balance. I dont know any other place where ppl could discuss how they feel about this game. Every information can help.
Only problem I see is that this forum still doesnt have more threads inside Balance and Tactics thread. I would like to see thread for each awesomenaut and general balance thread to clear up the chaos.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Read]Before You Make a Thread on Balance
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:38 pm
Posts: 3498
Location: Winning
I think a thread where people could just ask a quick question would also help clear up clutter.

_________________
I play Froggy, and quote myself. Egotistical? Maybe...
Treeby wrote:
People say you are what you eat. I don't remember eating a sexy beast.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Read]Before You Make a Thread on Balance
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:21 am
Posts: 1289
Location: Coldnada
Phoenixio wrote:
While I agree with the fact that it proves that more and more people are joining the game, I still think there's too much of it. In fact, I believe people don't make the difference between features and broken mechanics.

Let's take Raelynn's Blaster as an example. Sure there was a bug about her trap doubling damage for more than one shot. But apart from that, was the blaster really broken? Was it winning games by itself? Because the way I see it, Raelynn was a good character with her auto-attack, and once she maxed it, there was less and less she could do in that match as other characters maxed their other skills. We don't have that many characters that excel with auto attacks, apart from Shotty G and Crit Leon. Maybe it was slightly too cheap, but that's the kind of fix I believe Ronimo can do by itself without a bunch of people crying "OP" everywhere.


...wat.... lmao. Her blaster was too inexpensive for the damage, gave her something like 32 dps at level 5 or something. Are you saying that time rift and snipe weren't good to level up in that last patch? That is hilarious, snipe was and always will be a good skill if it has long range and 80 burst potential, time rift is also amazing for pushing and defending, you might have forgotten that last patch you could have 2 time rifts up at the same time and it fired super fast. I don't see how those 2 skills arent good enough to invest into after maxing blaster, snipe alone gives you an almost guranteed kill when paired with maxed blaster.

That is last patch, like you were talking about. this patch however is a different story, where blaster is balanced and rift is a little up if you ask me.

_________________
www.twitch.tv/checkmarkz I stream sometimes ;)
Steamid:Checkmarks
Favorite Awesomenauts: :ayla: :rae: Skilldir :tear:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Read]Before You Make a Thread on Balance
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:52 am
Posts: 1978
Yay yay yay dear god 1000X YAY

and sticky please

_________________
Yay Double dive is Back!
I am gone now, but I will be back. I will always be back!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Read]Before You Make a Thread on Balance
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:05 am
Posts: 569
Well, I took her as example, since Snipe and Time Rift don't synergize as well with auto-attacks than say, Froggy who can dash in-out, tornado, and finish you off with a shotty or two.

So in that respect, when she maxes her blaster, she won't be doing as much damage late game when the rest of her opponents get health and max their skills who potentially synergize much better together.

But I took that as an example. The whole point is that apart from people abusing the double damage glitch, I haven't had problems against Raelynn at all. Which means that this is the kind of issue that is a matter of perspective, and my whole point is that Ronimo can deal with that themselves. We can cry and whine about how Clunk is now kitting everybody while gliding, with a super self-destruct in case of trouble...

_________________
Phoenixio wrote:

Alijar wrote:
OH GOD NO.
NO.
HOW COULD YOU DO THIS.

catgame21234 wrote:
DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK I WOKE UP MY ROOMMATE SCREAMING
:GnawCry: :GnawCry: :GnawCry: :GnawCry:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [Read]Before You Make a Thread on Balance
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:38 pm
Posts: 3498
Location: Winning
Guys guys! We aren't discussing balance here :lol:
This is just merely here so that hopefully it will help people who are making a thread involving balance.

_________________
I play Froggy, and quote myself. Egotistical? Maybe...
Treeby wrote:
People say you are what you eat. I don't remember eating a sexy beast.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

cron