Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts



Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Author Message
 Post subject: Re: NautsTiers - Create and share your own tier lists!
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:51 pm
Posts: 67
Here's mine for 4.7
Image

Now, before everyone gets all butthurt about how i did mine, I did mine as if the teams are working together. No noob-stomper points awarded. Basing this off of forums/general chat, and replays and my own (good) games experience. Lag does not count, though slightly harms lone and leon due to ability nullifies if too much lag is present (tongue and bull are useless then)

S tier is essentially nauts that need nerfs based off of forums and general chat in game with the exception of froggy. Froggy is there because hes very versatile with good i frames and harassment/clear.

A Rank is filled with people who have some very powerful moves and decent movement. Also they can be built a variety of ways except vinnie (hes the least versatile of this rank). Yuri is on here because his late game is insane and needs to be nerfed as a team battle can just stall until he gets there.

B rank is where a lot of the noob-stompers go, and i will explain why some nauts are on here.
1. Ix- DoT. Try it. Burst. Use it. there are lots of counters for this guy and he has very little health. sure he has push, but don't let him. And for goodness sake, don't chase him. If you don't kill him in your burst attack, you arent going to get him.
2. Coco- Good fighter when you need one, good harasser when its called for. massive burst dmg on ball for very small cd.
3. Nibbs- great escapes, lots of builds but low health and expensive.
4.Rae- shes been nerfed, but still overall great naut
5. gnaw- still stands well against nauts despite a nerf by not getting buffed recently
6. qitara- Let me tell you how to beat her. don't 1v1. when 2+v1 ALWAYS target her. She has pitiful health and will not live. Shes a noob stomper. the insane DoT is because its DoT and you can cancel it a lot of the time. The only thing I disagree with is the double dmg on the really questionable chakram teleport as its not reliable.
7. Scoop- Overall solid tank. Use as a shield/bait in team fights.
8. Ted- I don't have much to say about this guy as most teds are very laggy so I don't know how well he actually functions.
9- Genji - solid support character with alright clear.

C rank the same logic applies to all of them. If you rush them(as a team) after they used an abilitiy (whether it hit or not) They will die. Voltars the exception and is a pain with dealift derpl combo. needs to be looked at by ronimo.

D rank has almost no versatility (except swiggins who's here because his knockback cancelling has become really unreliable as of late). Most of these characters are noob-stompers with no real place in team fights. Not counting a laggy ayla. A well connected ayla doesnt do enough dmg before dying if charging 1v3.

E Ksenia- only naut who has no real AoE, even her cc is weaker than AoE cc. Her health is trash, and her burst isnt even that strong. Needs a rework.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NautsTiers - Create and share your own tier lists!
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:45 am
Posts: 508
Location: inside my house
koltonaugust wrote:
Here's mine for 4.7
Image

Now, before everyone gets all butthurt about how i did mine, I did mine as if the teams are working together. No noob-stomper points awarded. Basing this off of forums/general chat, and replays and my own (good) games experience. Lag does not count, though slightly harms lone and leon due to ability nullifies if too much lag is present (tongue and bull are useless then)

S tier is essentially nauts that need nerfs based off of forums and general chat in game with the exception of froggy. Froggy is there because hes very versatile with good i frames and harassment/clear.

A Rank is filled with people who have some very powerful moves and decent movement. Also they can be built a variety of ways except vinnie (hes the least versatile of this rank). Yuri is on here because his late game is insane and needs to be nerfed as a team battle can just stall until he gets there.

B rank is where a lot of the noob-stompers go, and i will explain why some nauts are on here.
1. Ix- DoT. Try it. Burst. Use it. there are lots of counters for this guy and he has very little health. sure he has push, but don't let him. And for goodness sake, don't chase him. If you don't kill him in your burst attack, you arent going to get him.
2. Coco- Good fighter when you need one, good harasser when its called for. massive burst dmg on ball for very small cd.
3. Nibbs- great escapes, lots of builds but low health and expensive.
4.Rae- shes been nerfed, but still overall great naut
5. gnaw- still stands well against nauts despite a nerf by not getting buffed recently
6. qitara- Let me tell you how to beat her. don't 1v1. when 2+v1 ALWAYS target her. She has pitiful health and will not live. Shes a noob stomper. the insane DoT is because its DoT and you can cancel it a lot of the time. The only thing I disagree with is the double dmg on the really questionable chakram teleport as its not reliable.
7. Scoop- Overall solid tank. Use as a shield/bait in team fights.
8. Ted- I don't have much to say about this guy as most teds are very laggy so I don't know how well he actually functions.
9- Genji - solid support character with alright clear.

C rank the same logic applies to all of them. If you rush them(as a team) after they used an abilitiy (whether it hit or not) They will die. Voltars the exception and is a pain with dealift derpl combo. needs to be looked at by ronimo.

D rank has almost no versatility (except swiggins who's here because his knockback cancelling has become really unreliable as of late). Most of these characters are noob-stompers with no real place in team fights. Not counting a laggy ayla. A well connected ayla doesnt do enough dmg before dying if charging 1v3.

E Ksenia- only naut who has no real AoE, even her cc is weaker than AoE cc. Her health is trash, and her burst isnt even that strong. Needs a rework.

I'll go off this one because it's more accurate. S tier is pretty good, maybe I'd swap frog and deadlift around but it really doesn't matter. They're quite close in power.
I'd probably bump lone and rocket down a few places each, lone only really sets up good fights which is important but dynamite isn't that reliable in a large brawl. Rocket can't do much against healing as his burst, while being rather high isn't frequent enough to get solo kills. Which is good for people playing against him.
As for B tier, I'd probably bump qi, ted and genji up. I've seen good teds and they're rather terrifying. Even more so than good skols in my opinion.
For C, seems pretty solid, except moving lux, derpl and skol up. You can't really rush lux and skol after they've used everything as they still have massive brawling power. Which sounds closer to b in your words.
I agree with D though, they all kinda shine after you've won a teamfight, swigs anchoring in is basically a death sentence unless there's a nice squishy target, max's dps is rather hard to land, even if timeslow is really good. Ayla and Leon just prevent escapes by killing them.

Plus ksenia does get * on by closely-grouped teams. You can really only wear them down and hope one breaks off and tries to get health. If she didn't have lategame killing power out of the ass people would be screeching for a buff. But you can't really rely on lategame when you have an abysmally * earlygame where you have to be fed to do stuff.

_________________
Qitara main who goes 0/13 every game.
Send fanmail to: GetBlocked@GGEZmail


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NautsTiers - Create and share your own tier lists!
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:58 am
Posts: 114
koltonaugust wrote:
Here's mine for 4.7
Image

No noob-stomper points awarded.


You gave them to frog tbh.

There is a lot to say about your tierlist (and uio's one), for starters : why is lone A tier? He received buffs that made him a solid B/C pick, but it doesn't warrant him to be tier A. Why is yuri A tier? He's the current toptier of the moment lol. Vinnie is not A tier at all, he's B/C as well. Ted is S/A tier depending of the map. Yoolip is NOT C tier even with the recent buffs. Jimmy is A tier discounting the fact he does badly Vs the current pubmeta. Let's not even talk about the D and E tier because all those are flat out untrue (especially max)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NautsTiers - Create and share your own tier lists!
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:51 pm
Posts: 67
I didn't order them any specific way within the horizontal lines and of course nauts can go up or down one row. There were some that I just didn't know what to do with.

I put froggy up in S tier because of his versatility. He's not op (unlike the others up there, so he could go down a rank, but I'd put him top of A), but he can build a lot and very few of his upgrades are worthless.

Deadlift isn't S tier on my list simply because he doesn't have great push. He has decent push. He's easily (one of) the best fighters/supporters though. It's very easy to stall out as deadlift (granted in a team working together this is rare)

I put lone up there because he has insane push that doesnt really get punished and his cd for dynamite which has huge burst can be as low as 2.5 seconds with no dmg reduction for going that route (seriously ronimo?)

Rocket while when solo is meh right now, in a team still kicks everyone's butt with his cd/aa reducers. He's a great burst harrasser (which shouldn't be a thing, but at least they nerfed him).
I stand by my qitara ranking wholeheartedly. She's really useless against teams that has one person counter her with cc (and i can't think of a matchup that doesnt have one especially with the 100 dmg shield on cc immunity (was much needed)).

Like I said about ted, I have no idea. He probably is A tier based off my list but I haven't encountered any non-laggy ones recently (really it's weird).

My thoughts about genji are that he's not that great, but no one knows how to fight him. For some reason people abandon cocoons as if the teammate is already dead, and they split up their targets when shield is active. It's strange. Genji is a bit slow to react to turret pushes since his initial movement is slow and his jump remains slow the entire game. That and he has rather bleh burst (giving up some good upgrades to get it too) which sadly is becoming more of a necessity in this game as time goes on.

I debated lux for a while. I simply put him in C because I was running out of room in B and I haven't seen as many good ones as other B characters XD

I disagree with derpl as his nerf hit him HARD. People just dont realize how chargeable he is. Scare him out of siege and don't back down 1v3, hell even 2v3/3v3 if he's used his nuke. just dont chase.

I'm really torn on skoll as many people say there are good skolls, but the only good skolls ive encountered have always had me checking the replays. Also if you get thrown and the other team isnt immediately there, you can gang up on skoll and kill him as a team. Protect your team! But moreso than I how i feel, he is expensive for his upgrades (granted they do a LOT).

Max is D not because AA is hard to hit (you can learn that) it's just that aa is all he really has besides his poke ability.

Next person response:


Read above about frog.
Yuri is A because of his bleh early game. You can lure him out and cc/chain the crap out of him.

Lone is A because of his lack of getting punished. Dying doesn't really set you back anywhere. He is easily the equivalent of 2.5 nauts on push and his dynamite cd can be as low as 2.5 sec with healing if built correctly. You cant touch him except with burst. Ive never had problems being in a team fight with lone. especially with bull pin.

Vinnie has a burst with a small cd, plentiful options for regen, support for allies (invis + speed), attack reduction and one of the best aa's in the game. Have you seen one push as well? His escape is nice too. Very few legitimate counters if played correctly.

For Ted, See above. Also i don't really factor in maps, plus in a fair connection match, his airstrike is easy to avoid unless hes putting himself in danger. Probably could be A tier. Starstorm is the only map where hes obnoxious but even then its a gimmick like bombs on a bouncepad.

Yoolip IS still c tier with recent buffs. If anything it got him out of E rank. A person who knows what yoolip does (guess what! It's not much!) can bait and fight him. Hell, you could even ignore him as long as you don't leave him alone to push.

Jimmy's abilitiy is inconsistent with good connection so meh to that part. His damage is high, but I have yet to see a jimmy really turn the tides of a match. At most B tier.

D and E are totally true. They are the buggy, single enemy attacking nauts that only have one schtick. Heres a hint on max, don't run away from him if you're going to engage, get CLOSE to him (his attack hit box is an arc which means its easier to his far away). He cant attack directly above or below him so aim there. Also, don't 1v1 him. Problem solved.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NautsTiers - Create and share your own tier lists!
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:16 am
Posts: 1044
Uiomancant wrote:
mugg1991 wrote:
Image

I don't even know how to judge this. It's just so wrong.


Please feel free to tell what you think is wrong.

I think it is very on point. You could argue about Vinnie, but I put him so low because he is easy to punish and kind of weak in early game. You could argue about Yuri, but he is sometimes very unreliable or outright useless and can't carry deadweight. Skolldir could maybe go a bit higher but he is sometimes particularly easy to gank, is only actually good when laghacking. Lastly, maybe Clunk can go one tier higher. But everything else seems accurate to me.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NautsTiers - Create and share your own tier lists!
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:35 am
Posts: 2867
Image
Ayla in A too but I ran out of room.

Mine is a bit more bunched together because I think A and B are relatively close to each other and those characters can bounce between the two a lot, while S is pretty defined. For example clunk is one of the silliest characters in the game when he gets a good matchup, but pretty awful against a lot of other things so he's a bit more of a wildcard. Same with nibbs.

_________________
extreme snares: dont you just get a bit wet when someone comes through the portal onto a max snare silence trap
niki: yes lmao


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NautsTiers - Create and share your own tier lists!
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:35 am
Posts: 2867
koltonaugust wrote:
Here's mine for 4.7
D rank has almost no versatility (except swiggins who's here because his knockback cancelling has become really unreliable as of late). Most of these characters are noob-stompers with no real place in team fights. Not counting a laggy ayla. A well connected ayla doesnt do enough dmg before dying if charging 1v3.

How does this description apply to max? Slowmo shot is one of the most powerful teamfight abilities in the game, but nobody tries to land it and instead just tosses it out on cooldown without thinking. If max just had his AA and scene he wouldn't be a threat, but slowmo can lead to so many easy doubles or wipes when used correctly (his AA is extremely strong to boot).

_________________
extreme snares: dont you just get a bit wet when someone comes through the portal onto a max snare silence trap
niki: yes lmao


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NautsTiers - Create and share your own tier lists!
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:01 pm
Posts: 198
Image

The power of memes... in the palm of my hand.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NautsTiers - Create and share your own tier lists!
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:51 pm
Posts: 67
Sam! wrote:
koltonaugust wrote:
Here's mine for 4.7
D rank has almost no versatility (except swiggins who's here because his knockback cancelling has become really unreliable as of late). Most of these characters are noob-stompers with no real place in team fights. Not counting a laggy ayla. A well connected ayla doesnt do enough dmg before dying if charging 1v3.

How does this description apply to max? Slowmo shot is one of the most powerful teamfight abilities in the game, but nobody tries to land it and instead just tosses it out on cooldown without thinking. If max just had his AA and scene he wouldn't be a threat, but slowmo can lead to so many easy doubles or wipes when used correctly (his AA is extremely strong to boot).


Personally I think his slo mo is a bit expensive to be viable until late game. He's also still vulnerable to cc with slo mo and very few maps are enclosed enough to make it hard to dodge.

Sam! wrote:
Image
Ayla in A too but I ran out of room.

Mine is a bit more bunched together because I think A and B are relatively close to each other and those characters can bounce between the two a lot, while S is pretty defined. For example clunk is one of the silliest characters in the game when he gets a good matchup, but pretty awful against a lot of other things so he's a bit more of a wildcard. Same with nibbs.

As for this one, I very much disagree with genji being in the same league as the other S tier characters. I've never had a genji actively be a problem. I agree with D and E. I think A-C is all jumbled though and too grouped together


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NautsTiers - Create and share your own tier lists!
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:45 am
Posts: 508
Location: inside my house
Image
Here's my problems with this one specifically, green is nauts I feel need to be pushed up, and red are down. Except for yoolip, that's just a meme.

Derpl is still good, one change doesn't make him *.

_________________
Qitara main who goes 0/13 every game.
Send fanmail to: GetBlocked@GGEZmail


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

cron