Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Collision Box Sizes
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:58 pm 

That Yuri size is outrageous, especially since height has more relevance than width in most scenarios. Definitely needs changed.

I'm a little surprised to learn Lonestar is so puny. :lolstar:

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:11 pm 

Does yuri height work to his advantage when slowbubbling and bodyblocking people?

Or is it just a very hard life being a tall monkey?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:24 pm 

Grimskallinj wrote:
Does yuri height work to his advantage when slowbubbling and bodyblocking people?

Or is it just a very hard life being a tall monkey?

Being taller makes bodyblocking quite easier iirc, however it hurts his mines playstyle when trying to hide below a platform, coupled with terrible acceleration he becomes very vulnurable.
I'd say a size decrease will be very advatagous for Yuri.

shadowpikachu wrote:
Voltar ruined strip clubs by selling teds for cheap...now theres no more space strippers and they go out of buisness

Last edited by chaigunz on Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:56 am 

The fact that people move slowly while in his warp already makes it rather easy to bodyblock with Yuri's warp, the extra height won't make much of a difference.

If he were trying to block without an active time slow, that would be another story. :P

Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Post Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:46 am 
Adminaut

Grimskallinj wrote:
Collision size I suppose go both ways, you can more easily dodge things with smaller size but you might be able to bodyblock better with bigger size, at least height.

Also, as Skølldir against Ayla. Is there something about his width and how far to the sides his punches start and how she can hover "inside" him very annoyingly or is that just me?

This is true, but for some characters bodyblocking is more important to them than it is for others. Lonestar won't often be bodyblocking, for example, and his smaller size means he's harder to bodyblock in return. I'd say Mass is a more important factor in bodyblocking as it determines how much who can push around who.

That Skolldir issue is more to do with where the punches spawn as they all spawn out of his belly/face area rather than inside his hitbox and out of the belly/face area. Therefore, if someone's inside his hitbox it's very likely to avoid his attacks. If you shrank him a little, though, the spawn area of his attacks would go down with him making his life against Ayla a little easier. If the 3rd punch spawned inside of his hitbox (somehow, without it having an outrageous hitbox or having a senseless spawn location) then he'd also have an easier time.

Grimskallinj wrote:

Yes, it does. Good Yuri mains can back that statement up as it's one of his greatest boons. But consider the following;
  • 12.6 is still a good bodyblocking number. Think about how well Clunk can bodyblock, then make that a tiny bit better and with less mass and put it on Yuri.
  • Bubble has too little size and Yuri has to get dangerously close right now to Bubble them. This gives Bubble a bit more room.
  • Yuri is an incredibly-easy target so the hitbox and acceleration are really bad when he's not bodyblocking. He can't always hug the sky, especially if he wants to be useful beyond minespam.
  • As Xelrog said, Bubble already helps immensely with bodyblocking as it reduces the effect the enemy's mass has on Yuri, even letting him push against some of the heavier characters.
  • It somewhat fixes the throttle facemine issue I brought up in the past in the Technical Issues subforum by making the % of mine's hitbox that's not hidden in Yuri's hitbox larger.

It's more of a buff than anything, but it's a small one that also fixes a few of his current mechanical issues.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:32 pm 

Xelrog wrote:
That Yuri size is outrageous, especially since height has more relevance than width in most scenarios. Definitely needs changed.

Yuri pretty much wears a sign that says "Cocoon me"

Ps. Welcome back you interesting thread you.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:54 am 
Adminaut

I kinda hid my hitbox discussion in the 1st post to make the post purely about the information. I'm indifferent on the hitbox now but I still wanna see it made smaller. It does make carpet facemines slightly less buggy on a hug against a throttling target though which is a nice minor quality of life change.

lostsmu wrote:
Ps. Welcome back you interesting thread you.

:derp:

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:06 pm 

I'm just going to take a second and comment on how anyone taller than Gnaw, the second shortest 'naut in the game, will get body-blocked on Aguillion's Bottom lane by anyone of equal or greater height.

SML. Just increase the height of Aguillion's Bottom Lane please. :sleep:

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep:
:LeonWink: Naut
Not a :glasses: :table: :rae:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:53 pm 

GuyBrush wrote:
I'm just going to take a second and comment on how anyone taller than Gnaw, the second shortest 'naut in the game, will get body-blocked on Aguillion's Bottom lane by anyone of equal or greater height.

Or just don't jump down there unless you know what's down there. That's the point of Aiguillon. It's fun to trap people. You should try it. :shrug:

Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:52 pm 

Xelrog wrote:
GuyBrush wrote:

Or just don't jump down there unless you know what's down there. That's the point of Aiguillon. It's fun to trap people. You should try it. :shrug:

So ignore it like 90% of people do on Sonora?
I thought we removed AI Station 404 so there wouldn't be a one-lane map. :sleep:

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep:
:LeonWink: Naut
Not a :glasses: :table: :rae:

Mafia stats.