Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: How we do balance
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:22 am 
Ronimo Team Member

You are all very welcome to watch our daily stream http://www.twitch.tv/ronimogames [▶] and discuss balance there with me or whoever is streaming or once the balance document opens again for the next big balance patch http://tinyurl.com/hm8or6d
with a new list to discuss it there, or befriend me on steam http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197993753604 and open a chat window there to discuss balance, send me an email: fabian@ronimo-games.com.

But the main way I gather feedback is posts made on this forum+direct feedback from community members. In some cases I use metrics to validate this feedback.

Occasionally I will post in the forums but in most cases it's more helpful for me to read the balance forum, and see different arguments from a whole bunch of players instead of posting my ideas. I want 'clean' feedback instead of feedback that had my hand in it, if you know what I mean. If I'm gonna post in one topic it's going to look more important than others and certain players will respond differently when I have posted in a topic. I need a good amount of posts and topics about certain issues as a good factor for me to look at stuff, if I would to be actively taking part in these discussions I don't think I will be able to use it as objectively as I do now. I also don't know if someone has actually good or bad feedback, I don't know every player in the community, their played time with certain nauts, overall experience with the game and their analytic strength regarding balance with Awesomenauts. But if I let an discussion run free I at least get the opinions of multiple players and get a better sense of what the game needs. Hope this explains it a bit. This is also the reason why I'm more comfortable talking about balance in beta and after I post the combined proposal lists of the community in the google doc, since there is already a basis of decent feedback involved in those proposed changes.

Post subject: Re: How we do balance
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:02 am 

RELEASE THE METRICS!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :rocco: :rocco: :rocco:

JoJodestructor19 wrote:
can confirm. We're all just a bunch of alts from the same guy :thumb:

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:07 am 

Lunk :lolstar:

Kudos to Fabian for really reaching out to the community.

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:45 am 

:clap:

My super edgy backstory (Do-nut Steal! :fist:)

God, I've really screwed up haven't I? No hard feelings y'all

Steam

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:10 pm 

We all understand how you do things, Fab, and how you don't like to get your hand in the cookie pot. Many would argue that it's not working, and it's time to try something else. :sleep:

We have new imbalanced content entering the game at a faster rate than imbalances are being addressed. This is a long-term problem.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:38 am 

I was hoping for a Lux hotfix nerf today :tear: I won't play this game until it happens, and it will have to be really big :shrug:

I know it's tempting to look at the numbers and make them take all of the responsabilities - look, Lux only has a 54% win rate, he can wait :scoop: - but you must keep in mind the possibility that a problem isn't directly visible in numbers, but must be solved quickly nonetheless.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:44 am 

Azur_7 wrote:
I was hoping for a Lux hotfix nerf today :tear: I won't play this game until it happens, and it will have to be really big :shrug:

I know it's tempting to look at the numbers and make them take all of the responsabilities - look, Lux only has a 54% win rate, he can wait :scoop: - but you must keep in mind the possibility that a problem isn't directly visible in numbers, but must be solved quickly nonetheless.

It's fine, lux is surprisingly uncommon. And the few people that play lux suck at them still.

The year is 20XX. Everyone can play Awesomenauts to niki levels of perfection. All gameplay has been deemed irrelevant and matches are decided by a game of Roflnauts. All new metas are based on Roflnauts DMs.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:38 pm 

Today's patch was so good over all! I honestly think this game is in a really good spot right now! Glad out feedback is working! :ayla:

I'm not sure what I think about this. :think:

Winner of the Awesomenauts Guide Contest

Post Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:01 pm 

"unreasonably aggressive and nasty" - doofball :raehands:

Post Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:40 pm 

Fabian wrote:
But the main way I gather feedback is posts made on this forum

If you say what you mean, surely you wouldn't mind explaining this then.

This is a serious upgrade issue which results in you effectively paying 225 solar for -10% damage, +2s cooldown and your burst split across 2 attacks with a 2s interval between them. I don't know about you, but that definitely doesn't sound like much of an upgrade to me. The thread has been on the front page of balance for nearly a month now and no response has been made by you or by anyone else within the design team. You can argue all you want about how you don't respond directly to threads and instead just take feedback, if it wasn't for the fact that this issue is still present within the latest beta released 2 days ago.

This inclines me to believe either, you didn't read a thread which has been on the front page of balance for nearly a month, despite claiming you actually pay attention to the forums, or you just don't care.

2 Balance Rules

1) No upgrade should be mandatory
2) No upgrade should outclass or be overly reliant on another upgrade

My steam
Leader of Team HDTV

Jasper wrote:
Well Lashes and Sunballs are about as strong