Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Derpl
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:53 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Currently Derpl is a problematic character as he is considered too strong on the Ribbit & Starstorm maps, but balanced on others.

Post your ideas on how to fix this situation here. And try to focus on doing it using numerical adjustments.

Some of the ideas mentioned in the other thread:
-Lock him in place during the desiege animation
-Remove his CC immunity during desiege animation
-Larger cooldown to reenter siege mode after exiting.

Post subject: Re: Derpl
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:00 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Additional ideas:
-Adjust his gravity in siege mode, making him slower in changing lanes in Ribbit.
-Make the Nuke charging graphic more prominent.
-Reduce Nuke damage and cooldown.
-Reduce Nuke size and size upgrade.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:04 pm 

Ideally, like the Leon cloak nerf, you can hit two birds with one stone and prevent bads from playing him passively.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:29 pm 

To make derpl fun again, I would consider doing a few things.

-Make nuke aimable. (Not really but I'm grabbing your attention)
Reduce size by a lot, damage by a bit and increase speed, allowing you to hurl threatening hitboxes without either sitting on a dudes face or letting said dude dance backwards away. Reduce the nuke upgrades too.

-No trap spammo, friendos
Increase cooldown on traps a bit, and have them freeze people in the air, so trap placement has to be strategic. Also make silence just a 50% increased cooldown or something like that. If they have a skill they should be able to use it but if they just used it you're still gonna get punished.

-Reduce fatcat range
OR
-Keep fatcat as it is but remove bounciness from it, so you can lob it at your enememes, kinda like tedtris but with gravity. Make it have less gravity than the existing cats though.

-Change pussycat album to like, 400 damage flat. Maybe 370.

-Make it so you can't double hit with split cats, as being trapped and getting double hit with batcat hurts my feelings very much, as I prepare for the eventual nuke.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:30 pm 

after using Starstorm teleporter, give a 0.5 sec debuff immunity shield to the character.

And ribbit is just a broken map. Derpl isn't the only one who benefits from the vertical-ness. Gnaw, Yuri, etc. do too. Personally I think this map needs a rework to make it two vertical lines instead of one. Then it would be more balanced.

Derpl must keep silence, if anything reduce snare duration. Without silence Derpl can't do anything against certain chracters (Frog, Genji, Rocket).

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:45 pm 

Change gridtraps to a (very tight) chain effect instead of snare. Being snared is super boring, being able to squirm is more fun. Also makes you feel more in control. A target squirming is also a lot harder to hit than a sitting duck, so being gridtrapped isnt a free kill anymore.

Reduce Size of nuke and upgrade, reduce dmg boost of nuke dmg.

Maybe reduce health by like 50.

If you want a short name for me, just use Sten.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:25 pm 

Debuff reduction during siege (not immunity) at 30%

This is a change similar to what was done to yuri's spacetime continuity device, now if derpl plays his cards correctly he can get a total of 60% debuff immunity for a short period of time.

The suggested gravity change during siege is great. It means for instance, that he can actually be hit by bhs now, just remember to normalize the gravity while cocooned.

I also think the difference between his damage per second against single enemy nauts and his nuke burst is way too big and could stand to be balanced around, the nuke nerfs like size nerf, damage nerf and cd nerf are a good starting point for this as it prevents the nuke from overcompensating the lack of damage and utility that the 2 extra aa's tend to have in a lot of matchups without their extra burst damages.

Kewn wrote:
Just wanted to bump in here to say this is the greatest thing.

Oil_Rope_bombs wrote:
I think you guys are just bad,

Jas123c wrote:
kathy wrote:
muncher.gif

this is a very serious question, please help :(

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:33 pm 

mugg1991 wrote:
after using Starstorm teleporter, give a 0.5 sec debuff immunity shield to the character.

And ribbit is just a broken map. Derpl isn't the only one who benefits from the vertical-ness. Gnaw, Yuri, etc. do too. Personally I think this map needs a rework to make it two vertical lines instead of one. Then it would be more balanced.

Derpl must keep silence, if anything reduce snare duration. Without silence Derpl can't do anything against certain chracters (Frog, Genji, Rocket).

Yeah but silence is just an extra middle finger, making their cooldowns longer during trap will also hinder them after trap too. Silence is a bit too harsh, but maybe pausing cooldowns could be another solution.

Not every naut needs a solution to everything. Silence trap is a big effect for what it does.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:55 pm 

mugg1991 wrote:

I don't think giving everyone a 0,5 second immunity is needed, people often complain about people camping the teleporters. But honestly most of the times they are being zoned out and shouldn't even be taking the teleporters in the first place. (Just walk around like you would on any other map when being zoned out)

How does gnaw make use of the bouncer on Ribbit? And Yuri barely does, most people will know that there are mines in mid and not engage from below. What I think you are trying to say is that Gnaw and Yuri are both good at zoning, which is very strong on Ribbit but it doesn't mean the map is broken or anything.

Derpl needs silence on traps indeed, my biggest problem with snares is that their deployment time is almost instant. I remember that back in the day snares used to have a longer deployment time, which made it so you could actually chase down a Derpl instead of getting snared instantly. I'd much rather have this back since it allows people to punish a Derpl who is out of position.

Jasper wrote:
Currently Derpl is a problematic character as he is considered too strong on the Ribbit & Starstorm maps, but balanced on others.

Post your ideas on how to fix this situation here. And try to focus on doing it using numerical adjustments.

Some of the ideas mentioned in the other thread:
-Lock him in place during the desiege animation
-Remove his CC immunity during desiege animation
-Larger cooldown to reenter siege mode after exiting.

Derpl is strong because of his zoning, I personally think he's better on Aiguillon than on SS or Ribbit. Regardless I think he should be changed in such a way that it will become easier to punish bad positioning by a Derpl.
A longer desiege CD, a nerf to deploymentpads or a longer deployment time on snares, should make it easier to punish a Derpl for overextending.
While still allowing good Derpls to be effective and rewarding proper positioning.

Currently it's far too easy for Derpl to get away with bad positioning due to all the small buffs to his CDs. (this makes it frustrating to play against Derpl, and is why he is considered a 'cheap' naut)

Your opinion is one of the reasons Sentry is in it's current state

Steam
Youtube [best montages]

Last edited by Jas123c on Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:16 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:02 pm 

Buff cat build pliz.
Easiest way to do this is just to increase his mobility somewhat or decrease the slowdown while firing cats.
Plz. I just wana catling gun again. :tear:

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep:
:LeonWink: :ix: Naut
Not a :glasses: :table: :rae:

Mafia stats.