Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post subject: Re: Derpl
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:51 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Giga Sentorii is shook.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:05 pm 

Ok im jumping in here like 12 pages late so stick with me if something has already been said.

First I have been thinking about this on efor a while now. Just remove derps ability to change in and out of seige mode midair. This would stop most of the quick nuke cheeses that are possible to pull of right now. Also while it wouldnt fix everything it would still mostly fix starstorm and ribbit.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:39 am 

HarkBreadbox wrote:
Ok im jumping in here like 12 pages late so stick with me if something has already been said.

First I have been thinking about this on efor a while now. Just remove derps ability to change in and out of seige mode midair. This would stop most of the quick nuke cheeses that are possible to pull of right now. Also while it wouldnt fix everything it would still mostly fix starstorm and ribbit.

"Let's kill the character even though I don't play him"

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:43 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Yea, removing Derpl's ability to siege in the air would be... uh, sort of lethal, even by my standards.

It'd also wreak havoc on his ability to play against anyone with knockback, and especially those who can get him into the air.

Oh, and jumping would cease to be a thing with him, as you can't speed your descent, so dodging goes out the window, too.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:07 pm 

I'm going to guess that Breadbox is a very new player to the game. Let's be nice.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:39 pm 

Not according to this here thread.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:

Post Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:54 pm 

One of my biggest problems with Derpl is that even with area control nauts like Skree & Yoolip is that that Derpl can easily go in & out of siege mode. The amount of times I can't punish Derpl because his on a glass platform with either option to unsiege or drop down nullifying such area control attacks like Sawblade or Dinos on top of the fact he can buy 2 dedicated shield upgrades to 40%.

I would like to see
- Pusscat album or Forcefield upgrade changed into something else (having the 2 shields is overbearing)
- Once enter siege mode, can't unsiege for 5 seconds (or in other words, Derpl has to dedicate to it rather than siege -> nuke -> run)
- Once enter siege mode, can't drop down platforms for 1.5 seconds

Last edited by ArcanaTXT on Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:46 pm 

I haven't been following this thread too closely but

any talk about how derpl hard counters yoolip for like 80% of the match until yoolip sinks tons of solar into being able to face tank him? Even then, yoolip has to take considerable risk to close the gap and get in his face.

it would be interesting to see a version of Gaze that allowed him to latch onto a sieged derpl and still tick damage. I'd imagine yoolip is still stunned during this, but derpl isn't.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:09 am 

I gave Derpl more chances and I stick to my opinion: He was nerfed into the ground and is now useless. He is only remotely good with a good supporting team / Voltar.
Can't do any tricky or skillful plays with him anymore.

Fat Cat nerf made it so that Fat Cat doesn't come out when you need it.

The trap duration nerf made traps almost completely useless.
Enemies that walk into traps will get out and away without taking any sort of damage.

The slower falling speed is not very detrimental, but it takes away from fast and skillful play.
On Starstorm, it doesn't require any skill to travel from bottom to top lane by tapping jumps anymore.

This is why I place Derpl as D-Tier. He used to be solid B-Tier but not anymore. I don't understand why a perfectly balanced B-Tier naut needed to be so drastically nerfed into the ground.

This is going to be my last complaint post. I don't think Ronimo will change anything back. Better to just leave Derpl alone forever now.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:26 am 

mugg1991 wrote:
I gave Derpl more chances and I stick to my opinion: He was nerfed into the ground and is now useless. He is only remotely good with a good supporting team / Voltar.
Can't do any tricky or skillful plays with him anymore.

Fat Cat nerf made it so that Fat Cat doesn't come out when you need it.

The trap duration nerf made traps almost completely useless.
Enemies that walk into traps will get out and away without taking any sort of damage.

The slower falling speed is not very detrimental, but it takes away from fast and skillful play.
On Starstorm, it doesn't require any skill to travel from bottom to top lane by tapping jumps anymore.

This is why I place Derpl as D-Tier. He used to be solid B-Tier but not anymore. I don't understand why a perfectly balanced B-Tier naut needed to be so drastically nerfed into the ground.

This is going to be my last complaint post. I don't think Ronimo will change anything back. Better to just leave Derpl alone forever now.

You can't just see somebody who's trapped, siege towards them and get a solid nuke off anymore for free. You either gotta be ready for them getting trapped, or just snarebump them, which is laughably easy.

I find instead of following up traps with nuke, I use cats to dps them down and block escapes. Nuke is for when you're already in siege.

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next