Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Upgrades
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:58 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Hi all!

Please use this topic to post about upgrades you feel are simply too strong, too weak or just wrongly priced.

And I specifically mean upgrades for which adjustments wouldn't immediately ruin the character, because in that case we'd have a more general balance issue.

(Edit, 20-2) I've added them to a google sheet where you can vote on how you feel about the upgrades mentioned in this topic.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Post subject: Re: Upgrades
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:06 pm 

Qi'tara's lifesteal is way too cheap - bump up by 30 solar at least

(will add more when I have the time)

Check out my streams: twitch.tv/the_eddster27
Make sure you follow the MS Paint off!

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:58 pm 

Should we just move our upgrade based changes from the Upcoming Balance update thread to this then? It seems kinda redundant since most people were suggesting upgrade changes there anyways (Genuinely curious)

Edit: Well while I'm not sure what the case is I'll just repost what I had on the Balance Thread to be safe
Morrowsaw wrote:
Nibbs Non-fire damage upgrades (Eye of Coba,Skull Dun-duns,and Dragon Speaker Idol) have been overpriced for awhile. AA speed is just bad while both AA damage and Orb damage cost over 400 to fully upgrade by themselves to increase the damage on skills with a low amount of base damage .

Frog gets dash damage upgrades for 180 with a similar low base damage I believe that Eye of Coba should cost about as much

Skull Dunduns could just use a slight price buff to 180

Dragonspeaker Idol is not as effective as her other upgrades on the row despite its multiplicative nature. I believe it should be either reworked to be more significant or split into 2 smaller stage with a larger overall effect

Otherwise though Nibbs is pretty balanced although a slight speed boost would help her not be as dependent on Orb for getting around since although she's an assassin she's almost incapable of chasing anyone without a slow or something because she's slower then almost everybody in the game.

Oh and can we finally remove MALZ it's been pointlessly sitting there since release and doesn't really do anything in any situation.

Suggested changes

Skull Dun-duns price reduced to 180
Eye of Coba price redued to 180
Dragonspeaker should be reworked or split into 2 stages with a stronger overall effect
Slight speed buff to lower Nibbs reliance on Orb
Obligatory remove MALZ

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:31 am 
Adminaut

Max Focus' SI row all feels mediocre at best excluding the two big boys in Kraken (Burst Shot) and Sadak (+Damage). What to do about all these dead last purchases would need discussion besides maybe some simpler changes like a merge + price buff for Nate Frogg Exposed (Range).

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:32 am 

Reguarding Chucho, Trick up Your Sleeve still feels like a meme upgrade. With the exception of the collision issue within enemy turrets, the second bomb never sticks.

Blackmail feels as if it should be on base bomb, but that's a debate that has raged long and hard.

Murderchild did nothing wrong. :ayla:

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:14 am 

Banner of Triple Scoop feels underwhelming for the price, and seems almost like a "trap" upgrade to buy a poor upgrade for high price, and then start using the skill at wrong timings, since it looks strong (the effect). If you dont want to increase its dmg potential, make it a single slot purchase and price around 200...

Chuchos Trick up Your Sleeve could be bit more fun upgrade, if it dropped 3 minibombs around instead of one, and all of those would do much less dmg of course, 40% of normal for example. Also made a bit cheaper since the dmg potential and lethality would be lower, but area annoyance power higher.

Smiles AA range upgrade feels underwhelming to me at least? +50% even?

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:17 pm 

IsoKoala wrote:
Banner of Triple Scoop feels underwhelming for the price, and seems almost like a "trap" upgrade to buy a poor upgrade for high price, and then start using the skill at wrong timings, since it looks strong (the effect). If you dont want to increase its dmg potential, make it a single slot purchase and price around 200...

Chuchos Trick up Your Sleeve could be bit more fun upgrade, if it dropped 3 minibombs around instead of one, and all of those would do much less dmg of course, 40% of normal for example. Also made a bit cheaper since the dmg potential and lethality would be lower, but area annoyance power higher.

Smiles AA range upgrade feels underwhelming to me at least? +50% even?

Banner is fine, you don't want to buff the upgrade's actual numbers because that'll bring Scoop back up to s-tier and currently he's fine and doing his job as a snaring meat wall.

40% of 600 is still 240, and iirc there's the issue that multiple Chucho bombs can be on one target similar to how multiple anchors can be attached to a single enemy. So with anything over like 130 ping they're gonna hit several on you due to black mail pick ups.

Smiles aa range has to be small because the dps on it is quite high, I do agree that it could stand for a small buff like 10% or so.

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:35 pm 

Salty Seal needs a rework. CC immunity (moreover, TIMEWARP IMMUNITY) during the best self-buffing skill in the game is absurd.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:38 pm 

Change Cutlet Frills Ghilly Suit (rocco AA +dmg when enemy awesomenauts are not near). While it currently isn't a weak upgrade together with range, it's very boring and usually not worth it unless you also pick range. An AA velocity increase would be more interesting while accomplishing the same thing: dealing more dmg by being able to hit more shots at longer range while keeping the amount of hits shots up close the same.

If you want a short name for me, just use Sten.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:32 pm 

Super Powered Nuke and Strengthened Trap on Derpl are both memey upgrades that aren't necessary considering his kit.

Derpl's cat row also needs some better variety so It's not always just tunnelvision into Fat Cat and Damage.