Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Lets talk about Dizzy.
 Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:16 pm 

:table:

I get it. She's fast and all over the place. Could we at least nerf her HP a little seeing as she can dash multiple screen lengths at a time? Or maybe a second of cool down between dashes? I mean, either would be great.

Post subject: Re: Lets talk about Dizzy.
 Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:27 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
I don't want to be that person, but did you just lose to a Dizzy?

I think you might have just lost to a Dizzy.

On-topic: being mobile is her thing, which means she's... well, very mobile. She's already sitting at a minuscule amount of HP as well, so I'd be hesitant to reduce it. I could possibly agree that's she's a tad too good at escaping things, but that's due to the aformentioned mobility, which you can't physically change without either gutting individual dashes (and solving nothing) or actually reworking how her dashes work.

Also, not quite multiple screen lengths.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2018 12:21 am 

The Lord Protector wrote:
I don't want to be that person, but did you just lose to a Dizzy?

I think you might have just lost to a Dizzy.

Oh cmon man that's not the way to start a discussion...Just because you said "Not to be that person" doesn't mean you go out of your way to be that person. This is why people tend not to stick to the forums

Long and short of it is that Dizzy in my opinion got alot of side buffs for her rather small nerfs in a similar sense to Sentry this patch. Her Dash is fine, but could stand to have lowered damage. Grafitti artist is dumb, and basically define her character which I don't think should be the case, and inverting Walkbot Pro to work in situations where it matters most in exchange for slightly reducing the effect. She's very strong, and can be tough to counter in certain situations however we can't go lowering her dash delays as she'd feel clunky to play, but I think reducing her HP to rockets level would help slightly (1100)

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2018 12:47 am 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Morrowsaw wrote:
Oh cmon man that's not the way to start a discussion...Just because you said "Not to be that person" doesn't mean you go out of your way to be that person. This is why people tend not to stick to the forums

That's definitely going on a function key.

I agree with the rest, though, apart from the health reduction—unless it can be really well justified (and not "she's good at mobility").

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2018 1:26 am 

I agree with the rest, though, apart from the health reduction—unless it can be really well justified (and not "she's good at mobility").

She's a 0-100 character who does really well or doesn't depending on when she goes in. Extra health makes her safer to do this in more situations as her only concern is unloading everything, and finishing people off.

She certainly could've used the health reduction more as she actually has more readily available escape options at all times then Rocket in general, and has more consistent damage.

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2018 1:28 am 

Is that as a result of Dizzy being overtuned or Rocket (just recovering from) being hot garbage?

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2018 1:32 am 

Is that as a result of Dizzy being overtuned or Rocket (just recovering from) being hot garbage?

Overtuned. She's always been this way while Rocket got his power shifted rather then being hot garbage. He's just ok now and not great in all situations like current Dizzy. Just because Rocket got nerfed doesn't mean he's suddenly crappy you can't act that way or else he's just gonna get his changes reverted.

Dizzy doesn't have very many characters she can consider counters and is considered very strong for a reason. This was the same deal with Sentry as well who was extremely powerful, and all they did was just move power rather then remove it which I think was the main issue with 4.6 in general.

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:45 am 

Can we talk about her boots?
10% movement speed then another 10% with no dashes? When she's out of dashes she can just outrun anyone trying to chase.

I do kinda like the dash damage changes though, it makes them feel more hefty and it was only used before to activate Graffiti Artist.
And maybe revert Purple Prince Lipstick or have it be one stage of something smaller. 24% slow for 3 seconds is deadly. Or just reduce the duration a bit.

I had a crackpot idea where there was a larger charge up time but you could chain dashes much faster, but that's not gonna happen.

Also I must offer a disclaimer, I don't have dizzy currently unlocked and these are just observations of people playing her, who are probably better than me cause I insist to random every game.

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2018 9:12 am 

Didn't encounter a Dizzy since 4.6. But before that - well yes, they were problematic for mid-hp low mobility characters if you haven't got any snares on your team.
We have at least 3 other characters that cannot be killed (like really killed to death) - Deadlift, Genji, Rocket. It's their thing. Extremely good escapes with dangerous gameplay when any mistake is a death sentence. Ok, Deadlift needs two mistakes to die, but you get the idea.
But there is one thing that counters any character in the game. Coordinated teamwork. :thumb:

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:58 am 

I just want to see the dash damage buff reverted, I don't think it was needed. Dizzy already did a ton of damage and now she gets over 200 damage dashes fairly early in the game. She's a little less spammy on the amount of dashes she has (but not really since fake band aid exists), which was what people disliked about playing against her.. but now you just die in one combo which is equally as annoying.

I think she could stand to having the AoE on her AA removed, help reduce her being a clearing queen that she is. I don't know why her AA has AoE in the first place.