Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Changes I'd like to see for Cmdr Rocket
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:04 am 

Rocket Launch

-Rocket Launch now deals 50% damage against droids.
-Particles on Rocket Launch now continue to spawn to where the rocket would've gone even after hitting something(with the exception of surfaces.).
-Zurian bomb wrangler particles now deal 35 dps per rank.
-Zurian bomb wrangler particles now deal only 70% damage against droids.
-Mother of Bombs damage increased to 225.

It's simply too effective a tool for clearing. Right now you can build Rocket launch in such a way that lets you easily 100:0 waves from off screen for incredibly safe clear. ZBW as it is right now has pretty much no offense use as it relies on you firing it from afar to maximize it and is only good for clear/trapping bounce pads. With those changes in conjunction with the MoB buff, that should hopefully encourage/reward more aggressive usage of the skill.

Laser Trap

-Luxor crystal ashtray no longer adds extra length and instead increases the flight speed of big rockets that pass through the center of the trap by 100%.
-Cirean cigars now costs 125 solar per rank.

Just an odd idea to spice up the Trap row and price reduction to speed up Rocket's spending through the upgrades on trap that make it actually good.

Charged Salvo

-Head in a jar now costs 150 solar per rank.
-Can of eight balls now costs 165 solar per rank.
-Liquid MRE now costs 200 solar.

Rocket still has damage, but it's almost exclusively hidden behind price walls. This should give him a good piggy banking option with the price reductions on Head in a jar to improve his ability to be aggressive in the early game instead of just clearing and triple button pressing his stuff into team fights while simultaneously exiting them.

Post subject: Re: Changes I'd like to see for Cmdr Rocket
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:56 am 

Chocobutter wrote:
Rocket Launch

-Rocket Launch now deals 50% damage against droids.
-Particles on Rocket Launch now continue to spawn to where the rocket would've gone even after hitting something(with the exception of surfaces.).
-Zurian bomb wrangler particles now deal 35 dps per rank.
-Zurian bomb wrangler particles now deal only 70% damage against droids.
-Mother of Bombs damage increased to 225.

Rocket launch has fine droid damage atm. Nobody cares about lones 600 damage bomb he can drop on them from any range, or booming bullets. Rockets clear lies in laser.

For the particles, it should just spawn another one in the rocket when it explodes, so you can use it to kite slightly better.

Mother of bombs is an absolute no. Why would you think of this. The upgrade is rather balanced, if not slightly overpriced. Rocket has a great lategame.

Chocobutter wrote:
Laser Trap

-Luxor crystal ashtray no longer adds extra length and instead increases the flight speed of big rockets that pass through the center of the trap by 100%.
-Cirean cigars now costs 125 solar per rank.

But, what would that serve. You're making a mandatory item even cheaper than it is, and making a seldom used item even worse. Flight speed isn't important when you're so mobile. He doesn't really need that at all.

Chocobutter wrote:
Charged Salvo

-Head in a jar now costs 150 solar per rank.
-Can of eight balls now costs 165 solar per rank.
-Liquid MRE now costs 200 solar.

Solar costs aren't really a good balancing mechanism. It only lets him to get to certain stages of the game quicker. In this case, his immense mid and late game power. Once he has particles and slow on laser, aa damage and rocket launch up, you can't really do much about him dumping hundreds of damage on you. If you chase he'll just shred you.

Also can we add 100% droid damage to his aa? It's a pain to clear with that.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:01 pm 

Still don't understand why rocket was given laser trap as a second ability rather than anything else fitting his design.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:12 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
What do you think would be more fitting for his design?

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:28 pm 

Basically anything that is coherent with his core design; blowing stuff up.

There has been some mentions about him having a land mine (similar to Junkrat in OW) that you can detonate and knock people away around with a second click. Similarly he could have a C4 ability, that stick to surfaces and can be detonated. Something that would bring him more reliable burst damage and enhance his tactile gameplay.

Currently you usually use all of your skills at once with a maxed rocket salvo in hopes for a pick when poking. It really isn't very appealing of a kit design there.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:45 pm 

SequenceBreaker wrote:

There has been some mentions about him having a land mine (similar to Junkrat in OW) that you can detonate and knock people away around with a second click. Similarly he could have a C4 ability, that stick to surfaces and can be detonated. Something that would bring him more reliable burst damage and enhance his tactile gameplay.

Currently you usually use all of your skills at once with a maxed rocket salvo in hopes for a pick when poking. It really isn't very appealing of a kit design there.

You might be thinking about that kind of ability.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:45 pm 

Honestly, having a time speed increase on laser (increase the speed of all allies near it) could be really interesting. I just really wish that Ronimo experimented with time speed changers more, instead of having it tied to an entire two 'nauts who use the effect rather poorly.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep: [Femme :thumb: Fatal]
:LeonWink: (Chinese Ripoff Space Jam) Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:29 pm 

SequenceBreaker wrote:

Agreed with explosions fitting the character best but can you imagine the amouts of whining about practically giving Rocket a form of non-commiting teleburst? 100% safe, 100% accurate, insane burst damage ability. Give it a timer and you get Chuchu bomb/Yuri mine - no dice. Make it explode on impact - Lonestar... Lasertrap is kinda unique CC/burst atm. *cough*sawblade*caugh*
I can't think of anything that would not repeat the existing abilities nor be a burst damage source when AOE DPS is needed.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:44 pm 

ScR wrote:
SequenceBreaker wrote:

Agreed with explosions fitting the character best but can you imagine the amouts of whining about practically giving Rocket a form of non-commiting teleburst? 100% safe, 100% accurate, insane burst damage ability. Give it a timer and you get Chuchu bomb/Yuri mine - no dice. Make it explode on impact - Lonestar... Lasertrap is kinda unique CC/burst atm. *cough*sawblade*caugh*
I can't think of anything that would not repeat the existing abilities nor be a burst damage source when AOE DPS is needed.

Giving him any source of DPS is a terrible idea.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:05 pm 

Mr Nutz jr wrote:
Giving him any source of DPS is a terrible idea.

Well I ment that lasertrap is not pure burst. And giving Rocket another burst (bomb/mine) as a third ability is the worst idea.