Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Rocco Buff Proposals. (with some numbers!)
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:21 pm 

Lessgibbon59 wrote:
Lob shot will be more skilled and more effective than Precision shot always. The fact that you would suggest bonus slow on landing a precision shot shows that you have no idea how to play Rocco.

Yeah you're right. I forgot how hard it is to get in point blank and press a button :shrug:

I strongly disagree that lob shot requires more skill to use. It has no windup and moves quick, which makes it much harder for the enemy to react. charged PS requires a decent amount of prediction to hit active targets.

also what are you saying here -

Quote:
The fact that you would suggest bonus slow on landing a precision shot shows that you have no idea how to play Rocco.

i didn't suggest bonus slow on little johnny. some other guy did and you supported it lol. also don't turn this into a * contest

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:31 pm 

Lessgibbon59 wrote:
I forgot how hard it is to get in point blank and press a button

Rocco is not a brawler almost all abilities are easy to hit point blank, its how you get point blank with that naut that matters, the only way to reliably get to someone as rocco without dying is to either have them come to you, or chase them down.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:47 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Lessgibbon59 wrote:
...its how you get point blank with that naut that matters, the only way to reliably get to someone as rocco without dying is to either have them come to you, or chase them down.

If only Rocco had some sort of infinite range projectile that can apply a powerful slow (or a flat-out stun) on demand while also having an upgrade that increases his gap-closing movement speed and the ability to grant his basic attacks an additional slow at base that can be further augmented to ensure that any concept of "successfully running away from the rabies bird" is nothing more than a fever dream.

Close-range lobbed shots aren't particularly skillful because parabola aren't particularly hard to hit compared to linear projectiles. That said, long-range predictive sniping is more skillful than lobbing, as far as I'm aware.

Unless you just spam Precision Shot off cooldown and make Robin Hood jokes every time someone wanders their way into its path.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:54 pm 

Lessgibbon59 wrote:
long-range predictive sniping

Its mostly luck with those types of shots, even if you predict where they are, all they have to do is jump.

Vengeance

This all powerful 15 sec cooldown abilty that requires you to be near the enemy and the enemy to allow you to get close enough to them and for them to be far enough away from their team to use, as well as that particular enemy you are chasing to not have any escapes abilities/on cooldown, then yes, you might get a kill.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:39 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Yes, that's true.

That's also true for absolutely every ability and interaction in the entire game. There is no single way to completely kill an enemy from across the map.

Some form of good positioning is assumed. I'm not saying that Rocco can pop Vengeance behind the back turret on Sorona and rush the central hide area, only to accidentally stumble into a double kill—unless his enemies were recently lobotomised with the cap end of a ballpoint pen.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:07 pm 

Yeah, rocco can be good, its just that it is hard to do decent damage without getting pulled. Yes, he is able to play safe, but he needs support from teammates that other harrasers do not need.