Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Small, doable suggestions
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:42 am 

The Lord Protector wrote:
It's never used in serious competition

Raork made it work while he was still playing and is (was) a solid L1 soloQer.
I'm more sceptical of your view of "serious competition" when you don't play the game yourself.

Quote:
You could make it free and it'd still be less than worthless, because it takes up an upgrade slot.

Nah you're just giving a free upgrade to clunk when it helps against mobile matchups. Smart reasoning lol

MisguidedWorm7 wrote:
I wouldn't be opposed to a small price buff on Duration, it is a solid upgrade, synergising with everything else on the row except reload, allowing you to make a really powerful tool for certain matchups. Even just a 5-10 decrease would be fine.

It doesn't synergize with grenaide pour homme and you can achieve the same amount of reinforced brawling with Attack speed increase (shorter stimpack but stronger effect, effectively letting you add 2 other upgrades in addition to AS)

Last edited by Mr Nutz jr on Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:56 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
What does Raork's using it in L1 have to do with... well, anything?

As far as I'm aware, I'm the only L1 Rocco (strictly soloqueue on top of that as well) that uses Magnetic Police Light every match. That doesn't make it a good upgrade, nor does it mean it has serious—or any—competitive usage. I happen to be freakishly good at predicting movement, so it works for me. It most likely doesn't work for the rest of the playerbase and offers no strict advantage that other upgrades on Rocco's row do. I'd argue it's even a handicap in some ways.

Also, the argument that Improved Homing Sensor helps against mobile matchups makes no sense either, because it doesn't increase the projectile speed of the missile, meaning that unless the enemy is actually coming towards you, you're going to miss anyway. That's how homing works. If you're missing shots on enemies moving at you, there are bigger issues than what upgrades to choose. Indeed, if your enemies are dancing around a particular spot, leading their movement isn't a hard enough skill to learn to warrant wasting a whole third of the upgrade row on an something to mitigate that.

For Ted, my comment about Solar prices still stands.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:19 pm 

What does Raork's using it in L1 have to do with... well, anything?

You said that homing sensor was a liability for anyone decent enough, it appears that a soloQ clunk managed to make the upgrade you like to undervalue that much working consistently.

Magnetic police light is not comparable because the upgrade is actually good, since only Badge & Gun and sticky cop mustaches are actually mandatory assets in his kit (leaving a third slot open for any upgrade) and you're actually speaking like you're any kind of original player.
Besides,

I seriously doubt you're either triggah or yo!o so my best bet is that you, indeed, don't play the game at all.

Also, the argument that Improved Homing Sensor helps against mobile matchups makes no sense either, because it doesn't increase the projectile speed of the missile, meaning that unless the enemy is actually coming towards you, you're going to miss anyway. That's how homing works. If you're missing shots on enemies moving at you, there are bigger issues than what upgrades to choose. Indeed, if your enemies are dancing around a particular spot, leading their movement isn't a hard enough skill to learn to warrant wasting a whole third of the upgrade row on an something to mitigate that.

Wrong, if they gravitate around you as clunk, aiming missiles will not guarantee they hit, especially since they'll stand at a decent AA range so you'll never hit them, but they will. However, homing help mitigating that, having a good use against the like of lonestar and penny where it helps handling their high brawling manoeuverability so you can hit them more reliably.

Quote:
For Ted, my comment about Solar prices still stands.

So does my point when I said I didn't want straight power buffs, and that's the third time I'm repeating that.

I'm starting to understand where all the forum's grudge come from, even tough I had an hint before coming there.

Last edited by Mr Nutz jr on Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:41 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
I didn't say that Improved Homing Sensor was a liability, so go back and reread what I typed.

Indeed, I didn't say I was a Rocco main, so I don't know why you've searched for L1 Roccos when that's not who'll appear as my favourite. Just to help you, searching for "Lord Protector Tiberius" won't work either, because I don't use that account for my day-to-day.

I can't physically spell it out any more simply without buying a printing press, aligning the characters by hand, and inking these words onto your face. This constant attempt to argue with who I am instead of what I'm saying isn't going to get you anywhere.

On-topic: No one in this thread supports such massive price buffs that will only serve to push the underused upgrades further into obscurity. I can't actually make that point in any other way that my saying it, so I'll just... say it again. Solar costs don't balance upgrades, nor do they make them more or less picked.

Mr Nutz jr wrote:
I'm starting to understand where all the forum's grudge come from, even tough I had an hit before coming there.

I don't even know what this means.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:01 pm 

Mind not being so vague just so you can refer to this in the future TLP

Every other person believes you don't play the game let alone a L1 solo queue player I'd be very interested to see who you are rather then deflecting like you are now. Just put it to be rest or be honest. People would respect your opinion alot more if you just actually confirmed or denied this rather then avoid it like you always do.

Regardless, if we're making ammo this cheap I'd vastly prefer a chunkier cheaper overall upgrade for these then. Making ammo cost 180 as a one stage for 2 ammo could be nice. Having an upgrade be so cheap for a multistage just feels strange.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:19 pm 

Simple suggestion for Gnaw; Give him an upgrade that temporarily cancels HP regen. You can still heal other ways (creeps, voltar, etc...) but your natural HP regen stops. That's honestly all he needs to be truly competitive.

Maybe put it on spit or even on place weedlings.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:59 pm 

I'm still of the mind that the ammo system is entirely unnecessary, and is just extra complexity for the sake of complexity. :shrug: Ted's two AA's could be easily balanced without it.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:25 pm 

Xelrog wrote:
I'm still of the mind that the ammo system is entirely unnecessary

No

The ammo system is fine

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:42 pm 

The ammo system’s fine, but a little anemic. If more upgrades were in some way focused around it, it might feel more integral.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote: