Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Snork Gunk is out talk about him here
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:10 am 

Played a bit more of him and and started to experience the bugs, like disappearing balls, balls not popping up at all, such fun things.

I am bad as him, and my results vary a LOT. In one match I got like 15/2 in another 6/15...
The line between destroying the opponent instantly, or just dying yourself trying to do so, is so small. If I have small edge over the enemy, its an instant victory, if the enemy has a small edge over me, its a suicide every time. High risk/high reward I suppose, but with my kamikaze playstyle and little experience of the naut, the 15/2 felt like a cheap get.

Long term appeal of the naut feels rather limited... More than Swiggins, now I feel Froggy does the job better and is more versatile - and balanced naut.

Dash vs Snail:
+Dash has invis frames
+Dash does more dmg
+Stun on default
+Piercing hits multiple targets and lets you escape through enemies
+Dont need walls to reach to your target/escape
+More potent upgrades
-longer cooldown
-shorter range
-no slow by default (but has as an upgrade)

Tornado vs Bombs
+Tornado is potential triple killer
+Tornado has better control to whom you want to hit
+Tornado has great upgrades
+T With turbo tape, can be used for escape
+T Better at clearing droids and turret
-Bombs can deal their burst dmg faster
-Bombs have larger area around the character and can be hard to evade

Stats
+Froggy is faster
+Froggy has better jump and overall movement
+Froggy has ranged AA yet
-Snorks AA is stronger
-Snork has more HP

I probably forgot something, but overall Froggy just has much more for him in almost every aspect. EXCEPT that Gunk does some stupid instant dmg of Clunk levels and pretty much teleports to the target when doing it. But tone the bombs down, and he is useless, as then Froggy is just better at everything.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:07 am 

Agree overall, just adding stuff.

Tornado vs Bombs

-Bombs can damage through the walls and behind the turrets partially, thus finishing almost dead Naut.
-Bombs would not disappear if Snork is affected by stun.

Stats
+(Froggy has better jump and overall movement) Arguable. Sometimes Frog lacks that second jump (approved by SS abyss fights) and Snork lacks only initial acceleration, his hover is pretty decent I think.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:43 pm 

Snork is such a stupid character.

Sticky Snail is kind of a cross of both of Swiggin's abilities but without the damage (until upgraded), base AOE & more spammable

Shell Bombs do insane amount of damage quickly & scales well, Ksenia can't even get that much damage off quickly as Snork does.

After playing upon his release (& also maining Swiggin), his just a better more independent Swiggins with lower health, slight unsmooth jump & slightly weaker AA. This frustrates me because as a Swiggin main, Swigs already gets outclassed by a lot of the newer nauts...Then they go ahead to what I feel like is Swiggins 2.0

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:47 am 

So about the "all balls hitting at once" or "balls disappearing" thing, is there a way to reproduce it and do those things still happen in patch 4.7.1?

I tested for a bit and only noticed all balls disappear at once when you are near an enemy turret, which looks a bit odd.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:27 am 

Snork Gunk would be a better addition to the roster if:

- Sticky Snail no longer cancels all momentum on cast (causing snork to fall down)

This change will add a much needed layer of complexity and diversity from Swiggins. The latest naut releases have little to none mastery value so lets up the ante shall we.

Now to some items:
---
(Easy Change)- Original Conchball now increases size by 25% from 50%
(Ideal change) - Original Conchball now increases shell damage by 30% after casting Shell Bombs until Snork Gunk is hit

Original Conchball makes shells way too easy to hit making the ability uninteractive and way too stronk.
---
(Ez Change)- Broken Stopwatch cooldown reduction from 1s to 0.7s per stage
(Ideal Change) - Broken Stopwatch now reduces cooldown by 2 seconds after not latching onto an enemy awesomenaut with Sticky Snail.

Broken Stopwatch... Just by looking at those numbers on paper you already know that that stuff is a bit overtuned.
---

would be down to playtest

Post Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:54 pm 

Is he going to get any fixes? Afte SS2? He is still broken, not just because of skills and style, but simply because he is bugged, and does the miraculous thing of being not in balance even with himself -blue Snork is better Than red Snork.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:12 am 

IsoKoala wrote:
Is he going to get any fixes? Afte SS2? He is still broken, not just because of skills and style, but simply because he is bugged, and does the miraculous thing of being not in balance even with himself -blue Snork is better Than red Snork.

The patch notes some time ago said that was fixed. Was it not?

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:18 pm 

Xelrog wrote:
IsoKoala wrote:

The patch notes some time ago said that was fixed. Was it not?

Sorry, I was wrong. It was fixed. My bad.
Some other bugs or buglike features still exist though, I have no idea ehat is happening to my balls at times, poof, they are just gone etc.

Not that it matters much. I finally reached lvl 6 as him and got his killing spree music, dont know if I hace a reason to play him again. At times I still get 20/2 scores as him, at times 10/10 and at times 5/10. He seems just so... Russian roulette or whatever, snowball King, insta Kill insta die...whatever, Swiggings and Vinnie simply are more fun to play in same style.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:31 am 

Last comment on this post was in 2018 oof.

Just want to recount the experience I had with my friend who I've introduced to this game when I picked Snork:
Quote:
"Who's that character I've never seen them before!"
"Yup pretty much."

Anyways uhhhhhhhh beans
Ha ha funny clown man has way too little health to properly brawl and his burst is a little hard to land because of the stupid radius of his balls. That being said he peaks really fast, but really starts to fall off late game when everyone simply instabursts him.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep:
:LeonWink: :ix: Naut
Not a :glasses: :table: :rae:

Mafia stats.