Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Balance Discord Weekly Conclusions #1: Ix
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:53 am 

A week ago Hark! spoke of an Awesomenauts Balance Discord. Our first discussion about Ix :ix: just ended yesterday. So to allow Ronimo to see the conclusions, and to extend the conversation further in other locations I've decided to begin posting our weekly conclusions here in the forums.

After a week of discussing among the people within the discord we had come to the following conclusions for ideas to make Ix more interesting:

Bond
-Nature Photo's reworked back into 33% increased duration
While the original upgrade was never insanely strong the current version of Nature's Photo is underwhelming to say the least.

-Tree Hugger strengthen duration increased to 1.5s per tick
(Weaken would remain at .3 duration per tick)
-Mammoth Hair Scarf speedup duration increased to 1.5s per tick
(Slow would remain at .3 duration per tick)
The Purpose of both of these changes are to encourage usage of ally displacement for purposes other than I-frames. As of now Ix using ally displace makes his other items ineffective this would allow them to be more flexible.

Refract
Broken Solar Tree changed to a 1 stage upgrade that costs 215, and heals 6 ticks of 30
(Resulting in 180 health)
This upgrade is currently terribly expensive for the effect. 340 solar for 168 hp is rather low especially considering Ix's lifesteal and its effectiveness this should allow it to be a slightly more lucrative option

We felt these tweaks would make him more interesting, and would allow for more build diversity without making him overpowered. I'd like to give a big thanks to everyone who participated in making the first week very productive :thumb:

Next week I will post the conclusions reached on our current topic: Yoolip :yoolip:

Post subject: Re: Balance Discord Weekly Conclusions #1: Ix
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:58 am 

Good looking changes, Broken solar tree is indeed an underlooked option in refract, considering that an optimal build is saltminer/shredded permit/filler upgrade, unfortunately, speedboost and RWB are just superior to heal refract and doesn't cost a ton to be functional.

Also, 1 thing I want to point out is that bond duration has been considered as underwhelming as healing transfer. If both have been considered weak in their lifespan, I'd rather do a 180 and merge both upgrade.

looking like that :

Overexposed Nature Photo, now also Increase max duration of bond by 33%

with a big fat price salvo tier or tedris tier (around 240/250), imo

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:36 am 

I would never use a duration on bond item, you never need to hold bonds any more than you currently do. I really like current photo and think it's a very viable upgrade which I picked a lot, you do get a very good chunk of self heal off it with 2/2 crystal leaves.

The self heal is too big of a buff, you're cutting off 110 solar here on an already strong item. The reason why it's good to have expensive items like this is to pace the character and provide lategame solar dumps - look at max's heal slowmo shot, it's very expensive yet a very powerful item that you can pick up mid/late if you're starving for sustain. On top of this, ix has a lot of survivability and self-sustain options so encouraging this and letting him get there faster is going to be oppressive. The item doesn't require any thought to use either, if you start making this an auto-pick instead of a sometimes pick we're going to end up with another yuri regeneration pod, and that's the last thing we need. If you really must, drop it by 15 solar a stage and call it a day imo.

Tree hugger and scarf changes are ok but I don't feel like ix needs any changes to him right now. He's always gonna be either crazy strong vs bursty stuff or super garbage when he;s put against sustained DPS stuff, just how the character is designed.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:33 pm 

Morrowsaw wrote:
-Nature Photo's reworked back into 33% increased duration
While the original upgrade was never insanely strong the current version of Nature's Photo is underwhelming to say the least.

What does this accomplish? Bond duration was crap and never picked either.

Morrowsaw wrote:
-Tree Hugger strengthen duration increased to 1.5s per tick
(Weaken would remain at .3 duration per tick)
-Mammoth Hair Scarf speedup duration increased to 1.5s per tick
(Slow would remain at .3 duration per tick)
The Purpose of both of these changes are to encourage usage of ally displacement for purposes other than I-frames. As of now Ix using ally displace makes his other items ineffective this would allow them to be more flexible.

I don't think you understand how absurdly powerful this is when combined with characters that have great DPS/burst but low mobility. This would give those characters a bigger window of opportunity to pick someone off or weave in and out of a fight way better. Those with good mobility would just become unstoppable. Ix himself would be nigh-impossible to catch if he has anyone near him.
Either way, the point of picking Scarf is to catch up to enemies more than it is to boost allies, unlike Genji. As for Tree Hugger, you're usually using it on enemies either way. You already have 2 really good ally displace items in Pizza and Root Tea, he doesn't need more.

Morrowsaw wrote:
Broken Solar Tree changed to a 1 stage upgrade that costs 215, and heals 6 ticks of 30
(Resulting in 180 health)
This upgrade is currently terribly expensive for the effect. 340 solar for 168 hp is rather low especially considering Ix's lifesteal and its effectiveness this should allow it to be a slightly more lucrative option

Tree is literally one of the best options Ix has had for Refract forever, it increases his survivability even more than he already has. The last thing it needs is a buff.

Morrowsaw wrote:
We felt these tweaks would make him more interesting, and would allow for more build diversity without making him overpowered. I'd like to give a big thanks to everyone who participated in making the first week very productive :thumb:

All that would change is Ix would become even more powerful than he already is because he'd get even more access to extremely good options (Except Nature Photo. That thing needs another rework.)

Ix is in a fine spot right now. He might need minor changes to numbers but he's fine.

Morrowsaw wrote:
Next week I will post the conclusions reached on our current topic: Yoolip :yoolip:

What Yoolip needs is a full rework on all his abilities, not changes that will amount to either him being oppressive or just nothing.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:10 am 

I'm still wondering why ix got a 25% crystals nerf.

There was this trend of ronimo continiously describing ix too good at brawling, honestly no idea whoever started that trend. He was obnoxious with old lifesteal, amp, dot and salt miner. But after those got nerfed ix needed more aa nerfs still?

It was just that his aa did free push, poke and healing with range + dot, thus opressive when holding into double invulnerabilities and an initiation. His upfront dps was never that sick unless you dropped all his safety options Dot aa was always more of a problem than crystals, and a -25% nerf is too significant.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:50 am 

Japiepatatzakie wrote:
I'm still wondering why ix got a 25% crystals nerf.

There was this trend of ronimo continiously describing ix too good at brawling, honestly no idea whoever started that trend. He was obnoxious with old lifesteal, amp, dot and salt miner. But after those got nerfed ix needed more aa nerfs still?

It was just that his aa did free push, poke and healing with range + dot, thus opressive when holding into double invulnerabilities and an initiation. His upfront dps was never that sick unless you dropped all his safety options Dot aa was always more of a problem than crystals, and a -25% nerf is too significant.

By killing scatters, they made his safest build even more prominent tbh.
They should've just nerfed his turret damage, his brawling when snowballing is obnoxious but for a reason, however the fact he can melt structure effortlessly was a bigger fish to take care off imo.