Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Vinnie?
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:06 am 

Does anyone else think Vinnie might need some love? He's still effective against squishies (if you pick up dead seahorse head and can land all the damage) and he's a good finisher, but that's about it. His burst damage just feels kind of underwhelming these days, especially lategame, and his CC isn't strong enough anymore to compensate. He gets annihilated by tanks and CC too. Against clunk with snarebite, I don't know what to do but just stay far, far away.

I think, for starters, he could use definitely use some price buffs on his dive damage upgrades. They feel way too expensive (effectively 300 for goldfish and 210/stage on razors) considering they only bring him up to ~750 damage at level 10.

main: :think:
second: :clap:
occasionally also play: :worship: :sleep: :scoop: :GnawShock: :rocco: :thumb:

Post subject: Re: Vinnie?
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:53 am 

He's fine. He's a strong carry with good DPS to compensate for his slightly weaker burst. The thing is that this game's meta has been formed so heavily around burst damage that more DPS oriented characters prove to be very lacking.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep:
:LeonWink: :ix: Naut
Not a :glasses: :table: :rae:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:38 am 

If he cannot contribute earlygame, he is still able to stall with cloud + remora + dashing droids all day and just ramp up in power.
I'd say he's ok, meta screws him hard but he actually can play around it.

edit

Quote:
He's a strong carry with good DPS

no
you don't pick vinnie for the DPS

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:43 am 

He's fine and definitely has his place in the game. Vinnie isn't someone you want to buff, he'll phase in and out of effectiveness when other people get stronger/weaker. Silence dive is still pretty toxic so he has that going for him. Only thing that I can see happening if, like you said, maybe reduce chrome file to 190 and get rid of the terrible bag of gold fish mechanics already and just make it 250 solar flat or something.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:49 am 

Sam! wrote:
He's fine and definitely has his place in the game. Vinnie isn't someone you want to buff, he'll phase in and out of effectiveness when other people get stronger/weaker. Silence dive is still pretty toxic so he has that going for him. Only thing that I can see happening if, like you said, maybe reduce chrome file to 190 and get rid of the terrible bag of gold fish mechanics already and just make it 250 solar flat or something.

He can easily phase in and out also because if silence sucks, he still has the deadly Dead Sea-horse/double damage combo that pretty much annihilates squishies.
You also forgot to mention his AA pricing which is hilariously bad (Al Carper and Scarfish at 205 solar still).

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:00 am 

Yeah carper and scarfish are crazily priced, if they ever got buffed into viability (175 each?) I'd want to see him get a turret damage penalty on his AA - it's unbelievable how fast vinnie melts turrets lategame with loanshark/carper/scar.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:12 am 

Sam! wrote:
Yeah carper and scarfish are crazily priced, if they ever got buffed into viability (175 each?) I'd want to see him get a turret damage penalty on his AA - it's unbelievable how fast vinnie melts turrets lategame with loanshark/carper/scar.

I can side with that.
Only issue is that the balancing process atm is super stale so I doubt anything simple as this would be done.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:33 am 

Vinnie+Sentry is combo annoying as hell.
Vinnie makes me blind, I dont see Sentry coming, get bursted by 2 heavy Aoes.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:28 pm 

Mr Nutz jr wrote:
Quote:

no

Didn't say you pick him for the DPS, just said that he has better DPS than other burst characters.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep:
:LeonWink: :ix: Naut
Not a :glasses: :table: :rae:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:00 pm 

GuyBrush wrote:
Mr Nutz jr wrote:
Quote:

no

Didn't say you pick him for the DPS, just said that he has better DPS than other burst characters.

List those burst characters, I'm curious