Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Balance Discord Weekly Conclusions #2: Yoolip
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:30 pm 

Bit late on this one haven't found much time to post lately, but regardless the show must go on. Last weeks discussion was Yoolip. The general consensus of the discord was that Yoolip needed control of his skills, but rather then specific changes the group decided to focus on larger general rework ideas. So I'm gonna toss the popular ones here so that people can discuss them.

Gaze Changes
-Yoolip Gaze now tethers and deals damage over time , but doesn't stun. Right clicking will stun Yoolip and the Gazed Naut for the remainder of the duration
Intention of this change was to allow Yoolip to have greater control of when he would CC himself. Since as of now Gaze requires alot of commitment. This would greatly lower that commitment while allowing Yoolip to still contribute

-Yoolip Gaze now cancels dino's casting animation
Simple change that would allow Yoolip to punish nauts easier, and make Yoolip commit less when casting dino's

Dino Changes
-Dino's can now switch direction by recasting dino's
Dino's as of now only change direction by hitting walls. This would allow Yoolip to more reliably damage enemies, and make this element of his kit more usable

-Dino's now have an ammo system. Dino's when cast will cast like it currently does, but can now be cancelled.
A rather common suggestion, but it would also lower his commitment for Dino's greatly. While also making Dino's less of an all or nothing skill in general

-Yoolip upon casting dino's now places an egg. This egg spawns a dino every .5 seconds for 1.5 seconds.
It's a little off the wall, but this idea was tossed around to move the casting to a different entity to make Dino's take less overall time to cast while also allowing Dino's and Gaze to be used more in tandem.

Feel free to criticize the changes as you please. Keep in mind that all of these changes are independent of each other.

This current weeks discussion topic has been Dizzy. I'll share the results of that next week.

Post subject: Re: Balance Discord Weekly Conclusions #2: Yoolip
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:47 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
I like these ideas.

You'll need to specify how the second cast of Gaze (to initiate the stun) would interact with the casting animation of Dinos—would it still be possible during that time or would the summoning Dinos animation lock you out of casting Gaze again?

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:05 pm 

I like the idea of the gaze changes. might make stun just a bit unresponsive, but it's worth a try. I assume he would be able to tether to a sieged derpl now as well, provided he doesn’t double tap to trigger the stun?

I also like the idea of Dinos being an ammo system, but I don’t see the point of having it continue to auto-cast until you cancel it. Just let him tap a couple times (on a cool down) to send two Dinos if he wants to. If set up this way, you can toss out the change to make Dinos be cancellable by gaze, as well as the egg idea. Being able to change up dino spawn times by tapping per dino would really help to give this ability a lot more dimension.

Changing Dino directions is unnecessary and I could see it leading to a lot of accidents when you have multiple Dinos out. pass.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:05 pm 

Would it be bad for Dinos to just home on targets?

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:57 pm 

Xelrog wrote:
Would it be bad for Dinos to just home on targets?

Gor Froggy probably not, for Clunk, most likely.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:42 am 

I think that letting Yoolip's dinos turn at will is a very bad idea. The point of the ability is the lack of control of the dinos and if you granted the player the control to essentially make them stationary via spamming the button you could easily use them to deny an area in a similar fashion to an immobile Raelynn rift. This would absolutely screw over more immobile characters (RIP Derpl and Raelynn) and give Yoolip far too much area control.

The other ideas are pretty neato. I like the idea of turning Gaze into a tether but I'm scared that'll cause Yoolip to fall too much into Smiles' job category. I'd perhaps like to see Gaze simply turned into a Snare that doesn't stun Yoolip (but does lock him out of Dinos to stop the Gaze + Dino combo from being too easy to activate). Yoolip would be able to self stun himself to stun his opponent, as a sort of "gaze focus" to provide harder CC and stop the opponent from fighting back / defending themselves.

The dino ideas are really neato though, bar the controllable dinos. The "egg" idea seems really nice to me. It reminds me a lot of Kayn from League of Legends, who is able to move after casting his W ability while in Shadow Reaper form. The extra mobility provided by removing the player character from the casting ability allows for a lot of skill-based counterplay in skirmishes that I feel would be very interesting for Yoolip. I again think that Gaze should be locked while the egg is active (again: to stop the Gaze + Dino combo from being too easy to activate) but other than that I think the idea is pretty neato. :yoolip:

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep: [Femme :thumb: Fatal]
:LeonWink: (Chinese Ripoff Space Jam) Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.