Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Raelynn
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:18 pm 

remove raelynn from game she is broken

:GnawCry:

ok jk but may i propose a rift nerf that makes it destructible like other throwaways (anchor, totem, heal bot, etc;)
:drone: :drone: :drone: :drone:

rift is actually the most annoying thing on this earth besides some one auto locking your main and then playing like complete ass while complaining about teammates not helping him as he solo dives turrets

Post subject: Re: Raelynn
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:20 pm 

+1
:rae: hurr durr xdddd get rifted

for how long rift lasts, it should be destructible. :raehands:

Decent - :yoolip: :rae: :sleep:

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:23 pm 

nah she just triggers peoples effortlessly.
Also gets to have infinite piercing for a mere price.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:24 pm 

trihard wrote:
+1
:rae: hurr durr xdddd get rifted

for how long rift lasts, it should be destructible. :raehands:

or if ur dead set on keeping rift the way it is, reworkk snipe to actually require a decent a mount of skill to hit, like make the lazer more narrow or, NOT GLOW when ur gonna hit the target.
like srsly im sorry raelynn mains her snipe doesnt require much effort

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:26 pm 

Mr Nutz jr wrote:
nah she just triggers peoples effortlessly.
Also gets to have infinite piercing for a mere price.

NOT to mention her AA is actually pretty * strong, and anyone who says "RaElYnN DoEsNt HaVe EsCApe??" rift and boots make her pretty darn hard to catch

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:11 pm 

Yeah her brawling when investing into AA is kind of strong, she also has the choice to dedicate herself into structure melting (AS + double normal damage) or nauts melting (lucky cat + AS + damage).

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:43 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Did we ever figure out if Snipe is true hitscan or just a very slim hitbox with a fat bit at the end?

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:13 pm 

Behold the alternate account circle jerk. :raehands:
On topic: Raelynn has been a hot topic for ages as she has probably some of the easiest stall tactics in the game next to Lonestar. I would really be happy to see something done about it. A destroyable rift would be an interesting place to start.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep: [Femme :thumb: Fatal]
:LeonWink: (Chinese Ripoff Space Jam) Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:27 pm 

Rae and Lonestar are the secret solo nauts of L1 players. Here vets in L1 keep saying that "Rae and Lonestar are just bad, they dont need nerfs. C tier nauts at best." When in reality, those are the most common pubstomper L1 nauts in the game. I can (and teams of my skill level) handle the so called top tiers like Penny and Genji pretty well when a solo L1 comes with those, but Lonestar and Rae are whole different issue... Heck, Ive been even carried by a solo rank 300ish Lonestar against a L1 premade team (2 only though, the third was my level).

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:06 am 

Agreed that Lone and Rae are incredibly pub stompy 'nauts. This also applies to Leon who I've had massive success spamming in pub games. Cheesy push 'nauts and 30 minute stall 'nauts (Rae and Lone being capable of both hard pushing and hard stalling) are really key in pushing for victory. This is largely because of how little Awesomenaut's turrets do when compared to the turrets in other games (League of Legends, DOTA, Heroes of the Storm, etc.)

One of the biggest problems with 'naut's turrets when compared to other MOBAs is the lack of back door protection. While most games will make turrets either take no damage, very little damage, or regenerate health at a rapid rate when being damaged without droids, Awesomenauts just lets the turrets be damaged without any repercussions for backdooring players. This contributes to the very unfun but ultimately game-ending playstyle of "spam damage until you win" seen with Clone Leon, Explode Bull Lonestar and to a lesser extent Chucho's bike.
This is also why stall is so potent. Ultimately if your opponents can't touch your turret then they can't push through. A lot of the maps (namely Sonora, though AI Station and Starstorm are also worth mention) are incredibly easy to cheese as the defending team as there's very little option for attackers to switch turrets while it's very easy for defenders to switch defense locations.
Ultimately the stall v.s. cheese tactic all falls under the same strategy of exausting your opponent until you can make an opening. In the case of stall it's until you can push and in the case of cheese it's until you can attack the undefended base. For Raelynn and Lone they can do both of these very well, meaning that when playing the stall game they can capitalize on openings better and when playing the push game they can swap to stalling if the enemy gets aggressive.

There's a whole essay to be written about Awesomenauts' map design, turret design, base design, and even droid design. :redcheer: But with that in mind it's 10 PM right now and I'm not going to ramble about how Leon clone spam is still a valid strategy this late into the game's lifespan when it was something that was complained about since Day 1.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep: [Femme :thumb: Fatal]
:LeonWink: (Chinese Ripoff Space Jam) Naut
Not a :glasses: :table:

Mafia stats.