Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Sentry's Silence Problem
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:32 pm 

Sentry mains do anything to protect Sentry from any nerf possible. Before silence finally got nerfed, I was told its silence duration was ok because how long of a CD Teleport is. Which is the dumbest thing I've ever read in terms of character balance. And I did the math compared to other silences in the game and how cost effective Sentrys silence was compared to other silence upgrades, nauts who need silence vs Sentry, who really doesn't. Na, gotta protect my baby, no problems here boss.

Long story short, Sentry needs to be above average because certain players are claiming hes balanced.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:51 pm 

I'd actually like to see the math, if you don't mind.
It's not that I doubt you, I just love me some charts.

The Lord Protector wrote:
The solution to this is having droids that are actually a threat instead of a joke.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:57 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Ditto.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:18 am 

Honestly tp as an ability got gutted when they made clone borderline useless, I personally wouldn't mind a silence nerf with a clone arm time buff. To counter this it'd be good to have BHS nerfed honestly, it still is and will always be an oppressive ability in a game like nauts where it's so easy to stack cc and damage onto everything.

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:48 am 

IsoKoala wrote:
The tactic sound scary on paper, but the ammount of people who can actually pull it off without getting hit by anyones AA/skills must be really low? I mean, if someone can do that constantly without getting punished, that someone probably is so good that he would get his games won with any naut anyway... Or is this actually a common combo any Sentry can pull out easily?!?

I can do it, and I'm a pretty sub-par Sentry.
Not consistently, but often enough that I can say with some certainty that it can be considered an 'extra' tool in his belt, and it's one he really doesn't need to have.

I've also seen several different people playing Sentry pull it out in the last week alone.

Slevens wrote:
Honestly tp as an ability got gutted when they made clone borderline useless, I personally wouldn't mind a silence nerf with a clone arm time buff. To counter this it'd be good to have BHS nerfed honestly, it still is and will always be an oppressive ability in a game like nauts where it's so easy to stack cc and damage onto everything.

Easy fix: bring back dropped clone's original values, but only spawn it if you're at least X distance units from the beacon when you teleport.

Please bring the clones back, they were hilarious.

I'd also like to see Glass Case of Emotion remove the cooldown entirely if the beacon 'times out' instead of/along with the flat cooldown reduction.