Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: How to make Coco better and fun again
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:36 am 

Guess I have some more explaining to do.
robochase6000 wrote:
Japiepatatzakie wrote:
I agree her AA ticks too fast, its the most difficult melee aa to hit cause of her floatyness and locked in movement.

I don't quite understand this statement. A faster tick rate is better for things that are hard to hit.

This is just wrong. This is because AA will always start ticking from the initial hit while the last hit is favoured 50/50. Every time you miss shockwave and recontact you will have a chance to gain DPS. This can also be explained that if you get only 1 hit in every time you would double your damage.

Quote:
Don't forget that unlike other melee characters, she can aim in 360 degrees which makes her melee much easier to hit if you account for it in your positioning/approach.

In practise this hardly matters. She has to make contact with the enemy with the enemy regardless. At that point the hitbox is large enough. Some other mêlee hitboxes like scoop, leon and snork are a lot larger to the point where they are still more reliable without 360 aim.

robochase6000 wrote:
Japiepatatzakie wrote:
Nobody gets dmg or att speed cause particles are better. Lifesteal is sick cause 25% and passive healing from poke.

I believe her lifesteal is percent-based, and benefits from the damage upgrade. Damage + Attack Speed + Lifesteal makes her pretty tanky, which is a very fun build when it works.

It is fun build but in practise never works better than running lifesteal + weaken + particles. Far cheaper and reliable for you and your team.

Quote:
Also, I just want to point out that with Damage and Attack Speed, she has among the highest DPS in the game. Some characters top her by sinking all 3 upgrade slots into DPS (lonestar, etc), while a couple others presumably have higher DPS, but they're quite conditional (ksenia comes to mind). Meanwhile, Coco has a free slot to get something interesting on top of it.

It's not a good idea to blindly stare into numbers. Static gloves damage is near useless. If you want damage you always get particles first, followed by attack speed. Particles gives better dps and is ranged at the same time, which makes static gloves laughable. Also static is just a more expensive version of att speed. All other 3rd options are better.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:41 pm 

Japiepatatzakie wrote:
Guess I have some more explaining to do.
robochase6000 wrote:
Japiepatatzakie wrote:
I agree her AA ticks too fast, its the most difficult melee aa to hit cause of her floatyness and locked in movement.

I don't quite understand this statement. A faster tick rate is better for things that are hard to hit.

This is just wrong. This is because AA will always start ticking from the initial hit while the last hit is favoured 50/50. Every time you miss shockwave and recontact you will have a chance to gain DPS. This can also be explained that if you get only 1 hit in every time you would double your damage.

That's assuming you start your AA in contact with a foe--that is, you're standing next to someone, and then press AA. Much more often, you'll be approaching them while holding the AA button down, in which case the ticks have already started running. You may get one slightly earlier in than you would have otherwise with the faster tick rate, and the end result could end up being an extra tick of damage than you would have gotten with the slower rate.

In cases where either tick rate gets you extra damage, though, they're so incredibly miniscule and rare that it's really not worth changing the character and expecting a substantial balance difference.

On Steam | On Twitch | On YouTube
Who's Your Awesomenaut?

Mains: :chew: :fist: :ayla:

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:52 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Yeah.

There is, strictly speaking, a difference between an AA that ticks faster for less damage and one that ticks slower for greater damage, but any exploitable advantage is so absolutely minor that it's really not worth the effort.

The only semi-reliable way that you'd feel the difference is against sources of flat damage reduction (like Bronco Yeast), but that's very infrequent.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.