Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Generic Commander Rocket Thread 98
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:31 am 

As I posted on the balance discord a few weeks ago, I proposed some changes for him.

Auto Attack:
Feels kinda * to use, with a few mandatory upgrades.

-Penalty versus droids from 80% > 100%
-Movement penalty for holding it down increased slightly. Couldn't find numbers.
-4th rocket moved to base. Damage is 65 base, which is up 5, then 45 for every rocket after that. For 200 damage at level 1. (+20 over current, -40 with the upgrade)
Plan-B was too mandatory. Normal autoattacks were too effective. Hopefully I'm not suggesting anything glaringly stupid. I did sit in the shower for nine years. If this makes dps aa too effective even with the increased movement slow, increase reload time.
-Plan-B rockets increases damage from subsequent rockets by 8 (Around 18%)
-Head in a Jar: Reworked into something useful. I wanna say some kind of buff when you have max rockets. Single-Rocket should be for things where you're stationary. Maybe it could be kept if he was a meaningful amount of movement slow while attacking.

Possibilities for Head in a Jar:
-Hitting enemies with a fully charged Charged Salvo will restore 1 rocket
-Fully charged Charged Salvos will cause a small knockback effect to you and people you hit. (Basically killing momentum for them and you.)
-Fully charged salvos slow for 15% over 1.5 seconds

Laser Trap:

-Increased damage per hit of laser trap from 90 to 100
-Cigar Box does 12/24 damage every 0.5s instead.
These changes should make buying the raw damage similar to particles.

-Range merged into a single stage of 25%
-Shield reduced from 30% to 25%

Rocket Launch:

-Damage from 200-400 to 250-350
Feels like too much of a spread, making it hard to judge how much damage you'll do other than face-rocketing them.
-Zurian Bomb Wrangler now deposits a flame directly where it explodes.
Too ineffective at short range to not feel like a dead pick most of the time. Plus the projectile is large enough to not immediately tick them for damage unless they fall on it.
-Nuke Bug delay between shooting rockets is 2s
This upgrade is still very good. You need to be able to burst him down a bit quicker
-Mother of Bombs extra damage now dissipates after 3s instead of whatever trigger it uses. The effect is still cancelled if you hit an enemy naut.
Mother of Bombs is rather janky to use. I like it though, maybe reduce damage.
Or, if you prefer more crazy upgrades:
-Mother of Bombs: Rocket Launch summons an explosion infront of you, instead of launching a rocket. This explosion always does the maximum amount of damage
I also like abilities that are melee.

But anyway, time to not look at the forums for years.

Post subject: Re: Generic Commander Rocket Thread 98
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:48 am 

Rather than + and - upgrades I rather see less but more impactful change to Rocket. Tweaking upgrades is something after we change core issues with Rocket.

I think to make Rocket fun his AA should just be stronger again. His abilities are safe and are fine subpar to his AA. Positioning and hitting his AA consecutively is by far the most skillfull ability in his kit. As long as we keep his structure dmg low it puts him in a good spot. I agree that dps rockets (1 each time) should be a lot stronger for his long fights.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:28 am 

Japiepatatzakie wrote:
Rather than + and - upgrades I rather see less but more impactful change to Rocket. Tweaking upgrades is something after we change core issues with Rocket.

I think to make Rocket fun his AA should just be stronger again. His abilities are safe and are fine subpar to his AA. Positioning and hitting his AA consecutively is by far the most skillfull ability in his kit. As long as we keep his structure dmg low it puts him in a good spot. I agree that dps rockets (1 each time) should be a lot stronger for his long fights.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to get at with the 4th rocket on base. It's just useful to have. Hitting the long range aa shots from old rocket was super fun. I want that rocket back.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:48 am 

Rocket could honestly just get a 15% damage increase on all his abilities and I think no one would bat an eye. He'd do more damage by sneezing on the enemy than shooting them with his rocket launcher.

Alpha Z wrote:

Awesome :chucho: :sleep:
:LeonWink: :ix: Naut
Not a :glasses: :table: :rae:

Mafia stats.