Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Dream Last Patch Notes
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:37 am 

Myself and a few other tourney players put together a list of patch notes that we would like to see implemented, like if Ronimos going to call this the ultimate version of Awesomenauts can we end on the note of some of the changes in this document that -mostly- non controversial?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HD_1ufIXcjfd-bYupmovwAqI4lU9XK4ZjGsrMieSN4I/edit?usp=sharing

Post subject: Re: Dream Last Patch Notes
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:50 am 

I would suggest a few Vinnie changes, but I guess your document is all about nerfs

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:13 am 

While you seem to be weary of big item changes may I suggest some Clunk ones.

Bite:
- Make Multihose double proc hot bite at 60% value each, (currently 280 from single target, 168 from each from two targets.) This would make the hot more enticing as an upgrade while using Multihose, currently you'd either go +max hp because you can get it in two or three droid lanes or you run damage because it's 600 on two targets in a fight.

Explode:
- Small nerf to slow explode, 40% nerfed to 30% (15%*2.) While I do not think Clunk really needs any nerfs as his gameplay is clear cut, I do think slow is quite oppressive as an alternative to quick explode. Though if slow is nerfed quick explode should probably also (mostly due to how ping influences the active range of explode, making a 150ping explode neigh-impossible to get out of range of. I'd suggest nerf quick explode to 1.2s instead of the current 1s.

Missiles:
- Revert Salvo, my opinion on it is somewhat controversial as almost everyone is fine with it, (and I am too mostly) but the damage output of it is consistently ridiculous. 600 damage bite with 700 damage missiles is a bit stupid honestly.

If Salvo is reverted then missiles need general nerfs also to compensate with the more active damage output.
- Base missile is now just a single one again, 120 base damage.
- Missile Barrage adds second and third missile, 135 and 150 base damage on both of them. (135 and 150 are both lower than the current base values of missiles.) Price kept at 160 a stage.
- Fat Pete (big missile) adds fourth missile. Base damage should be around 180 or so.
- Salvo, adds a double of each missile, (if no +missiles are bought it unlocks the entire row of them, Fat Pete/Missile Barrage then add the double and vice versa.) Price nerfed to 320-350.

It'll obviously spark some controversy but I do think it's worth talking about perhaps changing it as even if it's only ever shown off in a beta I'd like to see how it plays with the xp system enabled.

Now for some more weird ideas for Clunk for the sake of something new:
- Give missiles Rocco aoe on base, change Fragmenting Shells into an item that drops small dot droplets downwards while missiles fly. Price would be nerfed from 140 to 180. Could be a fun meme-y upgrade with niche usage.

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:28 pm 

What's the point in adding all the different coloured text? All it does is make things 10x more confusing to read. Why does it matter if x player agrees or disagrees with said buff? Isn't that what a balance forum is for. :huh:

Regardless I can get behind most of those changes, I'm not super up to date with the game at the moment. (then again the last update was in July :ksenia: )
While I think it's good that you're nerfing nauts like Smiles, you should also keep in mind that when you do this, nauts like Dizzy will probably become even better.

There are plenty of things I would love to see reworked before a 'final version' of awesomenauts (DL shield, Yuri bubble, Sentry, Rocket, some change to make stalling harder), yet we'll probably have to make do with small balance changes.

Your opinion is one of the reasons Sentry is in it's current state

Steam
Youtube [best montages]

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:56 am 

No nerfs to Dizzy.

Pillow Premade balance notes

I would say I was expecting balance but someone has to protect their baby

:ksenia:

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:08 pm 

there is nothing gamebreaking right now besides dizzy and i don't even see any changes for her in there.

i can only agree with the obvious bug fixes but everything else just seems like you didn't think it out that much. most popular characters you can easily counter with low tier picks, but the lack of experimentation in pubs makes them seem overloaded (obviously you wouldn't pick a "low tier" in pubs because you don't know what you're against beforehand). besides, there aren't many great players who could show the potential of underappreciated characters.

the issues you're facing in pubs are only present because of how pubs are; random, solo vs premade, blind picks, aswell as there not being enough players to form teams of equal skill.

if you instead balance it around competitive play, those changes don't make sense either because nobody knows what's truly unbalanced and everything has its counterpicks.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:49 am 

no dizzy nerf because he needs his 1 trick dizzy buddy.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:40 pm 

ftr, we actually had several dizzy nerfs in there and both me/jorve were in favor of a startup to dash, but it was found to be not so un controversial and we specifically tried to avoid things that we weren't in a lot of agreement on or involved mechanical changes

http://prntscr.com/lwli3w

edit: though looking more closely there were 2 stat changes sandwiched between the numerous mechanical suggestions that accidentally got removed. added back in. thanks for reporting!!!!!

Last edited by MrPillowTheGreat on Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:41 pm 

Niki wrote:
if you instead balance it around competitive play, those changes don't make sense either because nobody knows what's truly unbalanced and everything has its counterpicks.

i agree with this and i know awesome brawl weekly but if we're talking about a state of things where its the last patch then you sorta do have to balance around solo queue instead of competitive

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:07 am 

Somehow I doubt that changing dash damage by 10 would really weaken her much. She was strong before she got that buff in 4.6 she'll likely still be strong after this as well. The small change to Blowfish Nozzle is fine though.

My issues mainly come from all the side buffs she got when she got slightly nerfed in 4.6. Those are still around and made so many of her weaker items stronger and obnoxious.

Here's what I think

-Walkbot Pro needs to be reverted to when no Nauts are present with the 30% reload speed.
-Lipstick needs its duration cut dramatically. (24% slow is fine, but it lasting for 3 seconds is insane)
-Graffiti artist triggering only on Naut hits rather then droids is also something I want.

Last edited by Morrowsaw on Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.