Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Awesomenauts League with Bets: Season 2! (New Ban Vote?)
 Post Posted: Sat May 30, 2015 10:48 pm 

As of right now, Scoop will be universally banned. I will open a poll to allow people to vote if they agree/disagree. However, it will require explanations as to why Scoop should not be banned before reversing it.

Reasoning: Scoop creates unfun matches; he slows the game down completely to the point where it is not fun to play and not fun to watch. It requires little to no skill to accomplish what Scoop does. The negatives simple outweigh the positives when considering keeping Scoop in the line up. This will also save teams from having to play Scoop if the enemy team picks him and from wasting a ban on Scoop.

VOTE HERE: http://strawpoll.me/4496837

Tell me why you want Scoop to stay. Or reinforce why he should be banned.

Post Posted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:59 pm 

At the end of the day its your decision, but as it is now yeah he'll either be banned or 1st picked every game (at least, he should). So just taking him out completely is fine in my opinion.

Can we also have a gnaw ban? :thumb:

Post Posted: Sun May 31, 2015 2:32 am 

where did scoop hurt you betsy?

i want him in cus you can't just eliminate all the scoop players because of "first pick" or "braindead" or whatever lol

might aswell just ban coco and swiggins cus theyre picked often and are easy to play too?

and for slow games: ban raelynn, gnaw, coco, lonestar... scoop cant even stall

Post Posted: Sun May 31, 2015 3:54 am 

Niki wrote:
where did scoop hurt you betsy?

I have 3 Scoop players on my team. He doesn't exactly hurt me :P

But to be fair, every team has a full team of Scoop players.

Post Posted: Sun May 31, 2015 10:11 am 

Bets wrote:
As of right now, Scoop will be universally banned. I will open a poll to allow people to vote if they agree/disagree. However, it will require explanations as to why Scoop should not be banned before reversing it.

Reasoning: Scoop creates unfun matches; he slows the game down completely to the point where it is not fun to play and not fun to watch. It requires little to no skill to accomplish what Scoop does. The negatives simple outweigh the positives when considering keeping Scoop in the line up. This will also save teams from having to play Scoop if the enemy team picks him and from wasting a ban on Scoop.

Tell me why you want Scoop to stay. Or reinforce why he should be banned.

Tbh I'd quite like to play with Scoop - just because I'd rather learn to play against him in a competitive environment rather than pretend he doesn't exist and wait for a nerf?

In terms of wasting bans, is that not what the bans are for in the first place? :thumb:

Post Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:13 am 

easy explanation: scoop isn't the stalliest naut as there are other nauts like raelynn, skree, penny, coco, lonestar, and gnaw that are perhaps even better at stalling
the "he's too easy to use" comment is garbage because people love to call every naut they lose to/isn't their main easy to use and, if he's going to be banned for that reason, you'll have to ban the many other nauts like ayla, nibbs, penny, swiggins, leon, and coco that are considered easy

finally, i don't know what "wasting a ban" is supposed to really mean when there are probably other nauts like coco that are often banned without a second thought

you could at least be honest and say "i don't seeing scoop so i'll just ban him" instead of coming up with silly reasons for his being banned

Post Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:10 pm 

My initial thought would be yes, but then the only person to actually come out with a solid argument was Tsu and he makes a very valid point. Scoops ability to remove engagement opportunities and create just as easy ones are the very reason hes annoying to play with, coupled with his ability to get out of over-extended positions, survive and then perhaps create an opportunity for his team to then take over is frustrating.

Scoop most likely is the easiest character to reach his near-maximum skill ceiling and I would like to say that because of his inability to do anything "special" it makes it easier to outperform the character pick itself. I feel that his output and his scaling defies that slightly so even if you do perform exceptionally well it still might not be enough.

If Scoop were to stay in tournaments then "hopefully" people try to find ways to nulify his presence and overcome it, at the end of the day thats what creates the Meta, but Imo the balance of easy to play/effectiveness is still a little off on him and thats for balance to take care off.

In short.... Dumb character but will or SHOULD make teams play better unless they resort to using him themselves and that will create bad tendencies, so you either keep him to create better teams or you remove him to make it more fun to watch/play (subjectively)

I hate the character with a passion but that is my objective thought on the matter.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:23 pm 

Don't be a baby, use your ban or just counter pick.

Niko wrote:
the same points are being repeated ad infinitum

Post Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:26 pm 

Duckm4ndr4k3 wrote:
My initial thought would be yes, but then the only person to actually come out with a solid argument was Tsu and he makes a very valid point. Scoops ability to remove engagement opportunities and create just as easy ones are the very reason hes annoying to play with, coupled with his ability to get out of over-extended positions, survive and then perhaps create an opportunity for his team to then take over is frustrating.

Scoop most likely is the easiest character to reach his near-maximum skill ceiling and I would like to say that because of his inability to do anything "special" it makes it easier to outperform the character pick itself. I feel that his output and his scaling defies that slightly so even if you do perform exceptionally well it still might not be enough.

If Scoop were to stay in tournaments then "hopefully" people try to find ways to nulify his presence and overcome it, at the end of the day thats what creates the Meta, but Imo the balance of easy to play/effectiveness is still a little off on him and thats for balance to take care off.

In short.... Dumb character but will or SHOULD make teams play better unless they resort to using him themselves and that will create bad tendencies, so you either keep him to create better teams or you remove him to make it more fun to watch/play (subjectively)

I hate the character with a passion but that is my objective thought on the matter.

Finally, a discussion on the reasons why he shouldn't be banned that isn't "you just don't like him".

Of course, I don't like Scoop, but that is the last reason why I was considering banning him. If I was banning based on who I liked or disliked, this entire tournament would be a 3 vs 3 Froggy G tournament.

Usually my stance on OP (which Scoop is not OP) and the meta is to find ways to overcome it, instead of conforming to it or banning it. However, most of the discussions with other players is that Scoop has way too many drawbacks than benefits to including him in the line-up. Much like how Gnaw was excluded from Burrhe's tournament.

Kurt brings up good points and for this reason Scoop will not be banned as of right now. ALWB Season 2 is happening sooner than expected; tryouts are right around the corner (in fact, I am about to post the sign ups). For the tryouts, all characters will be playable, but that does not mean that Scoop (or any other character for that matter) will not be banned for the actual Season should further discussions warrant universal bans.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:44 am 

just have 2 starting bans each so the team that gets first pick isn't 100% free