Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Awesomenauts League with Bets: Season 2! (New Ban Vote?)
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:50 am 

kirbyderby wrote:
just have 2 starting bans each so the team that gets first pick isn't 100% free

Each team gets to ban one naut (both ways) first anyway so they're not 100% free. Also there isn't a team that picks first, it all happens simultaneously.

Already cynical and bitter at life like a dejected old man.

Post subject: Re: Awesomenauts League with Bets: Season 2! (New Ban Vote?)
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:33 am 

I can't believe you guys convinced me to let Scoop happen in tryouts. This was the most disgusting batch of games I've watched ever.

Scoop and RoCoco are the two Naut bans for the Season and Playoffs. I'll release ban and pick details later tonight after the deadline for tryout 2 has come.

Post subject: Re: ALWB: Season 2! (Scoop & RoCoco Officially Banned)
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:08 am 

Alright, so the tryouts are over and this is what the picking and banning looked like. Note, this is all "unofficial" (that's why it doesn't look fancy). Theses stats will not be added to the League stats nor will the be saved. These are just being shown for those interested in knowing how things went.

As predicted, Scoop was either banned or both teams had him on the team - there were zero exceptions to this. Most of the games were boring to watch because of this. And yes, I watched all of the replays.

Like I previously mentioned, Scoop and Rocco will be globally banned from this point forward.

And, despite the rules allowing mirror picks, like last Season, there were hardly any mirror matches. In fact, there was only 1 throughout both tryouts and it occurred during the 2nd tryout.

Teams will be officially announced by midnight on Wednesday, July 1st 2015

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:38 pm 

i personally am a fan of tournament runners doing this such as this as perhaps it might prod the devs into balancing towards a more aggressive meta. one small step for bets league is one huge step for nautskind :worship:

Post Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:42 am 

I can respect the decision to ban Scoop (and banning Rocco is probably common sense) for the same reason banning Gnaw was needed for NST last year. Scoop makes team initiation (and thus teamfights) very one-sided if he isn't on both teams, making the other team forced into a passive state of play as his area of threat is huge and is bigger the FURTHER YOU ARE AWAY until out of range, so the only safe place if you don't have map control is behind the turret.

And if both teams have Scoop it becomes a poke fest between the 2 Scoops for 30 minutes, hardly engaging to play or watch, just as Gnaw was a year ago.

I really like the new Gnaw changes, even if FST was NST2, I think I'd be doing the same as ALWB: Banning Scoop not Gnaw, as Scoop is now a big hindrance to fun and engaging gameplay.

RamenFrog wrote:
He's probably one of the sweetest people I've met on the community

trinary wrote:
Anything burrhe posts must be exciting

trinary wrote:
It's even more exciting than I'd imagined :redcheer:

MrPillowTheGreat wrote:
when i dream i dream of burrhe.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:21 am 

i think you should make it a bit clearer that you're banning rocco, and not coco

Frankie3nig has been permabanned by Sony 0

Post subject: Re: ALWB: Season 2! (Scoop & Rocco Officially Banned)
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:11 pm 

Made it more clear that Rocco is banned and not Coco. Also, I have changed the Map selection process, however, it has not been announced yet. It will be announced (and updated accordingly) on July 1st during the reveal/info stream.

Which reminds me to advertise it.

On July 1st @ 16:00 EST, I will will be doing a reveal stream on Twitch where the teams will be announced and some information about character bans, map selection, fantasy league, and the website unveiling. If you miss the stream, everything will be made available on the website and uploaded on Youtube