Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: FST - Postponed for now
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:29 pm 

Lovely art is done by Vixey! Go give her art some loving

TL;DR - Players start with max Solar.

Overview

The No Solar Tournament in Summer 2014 aimed to bring out the best possible in the competitive scene. There were a few things that made tournament matches less fun than they could be (at least in my eyes): AI 404; Gnaw; Solar items. The hope was to promote more engaging matches that would be more fun for the players and the viewers.

I aim to provide the same again for this Summer’s edition.

The Full Solar Tournament will have players in a regular game of Awesomenauts, but they will start with the maximum amount of solar straight away at the start of each game. They are then free to buy whatever items they wish! The rationale behind this is to once again remove some aspects of tournament matches that detract from some of the experience of playing and watching: Passive play; turtling; stalling. With no farming aspect to this game mode all the focus will be on engaging the enemy, outplaying and winning the team engagements.

My hope is that players and viewers alike will really enjoy this format, so that we can continue to advance the competitive scene of Awesomenauts.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Format

The tournament will take place over the end of July and all of August
  • Double Elimination brackets
  • Best of 3 games
  • Winners, Losers and Grand Finals will be best of 5 games
  • See below for the full ruleset

There will be 4 brackets to play in:
  • Bracket A: North American/Europe Upper bracket – If any team members are in Leagues Image Image
  • Bracket B: North American/Europe Lower bracket – All team players must be in League Image and below
  • Bracket C: South American Upper bracket – If any team members are in Leagues Image Image
  • Bracket D: South American Lower bracket – All team players must be in League Image and below

They will be referred to as bracket A, B, C, or D in the context of FST. Each will have 8 teams, or 16 depending on demand. Each bracket will not exceed 16 teams.

The amazing chaps who run the LBA will be in charge of running Bracket C and D, so any correspondence specifically about the South American Brackets get in touch with Rike Sß™

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Prize Pool – Total approx. £354.80

Prizes will be given to individual team members via PayPal, direct debit transfer or gifting the equivalent value in desired steam merchandise, as requested by the individual.

Values are to the whole team to be split equally amongst the members.

Bracket A – Total £145

1st - £90
2nd - £40
3rd - £15

Bracket B – approx. £32.40

1st - any of 3 skins/announcer each
2nd - any of 2 skins/announcer each
3rd - any of 1 skin/announcer each

Bracket C – Total £145

1st - £90
2nd - £40
3rd - £15

Bracket D – approx. £32.40

1st - any of 3 skins/announcer each
2nd - any of 2 skins/announcer each
3rd - any of 1 skin/announcer each

Premium skins count as 2 skins – Cyber Coco, Ghost Leon and Robo Scoop are unavailable as prizes.

Schedule

• Brackets will be posted on Sunday 28th June
  • Matches can be played straight away.

8 teams:
  • Week 1: Tournament starts. First round matches played.
  • Week 2: Losers 1 and Winners Semis
  • Week 3: Losers 2, Losers Semi and Winners Final
  • Week 4: Losers Final and Grand Finals Spectator mode

16 teams:
  • Week 1: Tournament starts. First round, Round 2 and Losers 1
  • Week 2: Winners Semis, Losers 2 and Losers 3
  • Week 3: Winners Final, Losers 4 and Losers Semi
  • Week 4: Losers Final and Grand Finals Spectator mode

How to Sign Up

First of all, double check with all members of your team they are free to play over the scheduled times slots. Then the Team Captains need to head on over to http://battlefy.com/ and create an account if you don’t have one already; please use an email you intend to use as important messages with information will be sent this way.

Team limit of 4 PLAYERS.

NA/EU Teams SIGN UP HERE

SA Teams SIGN UP HERE

When signing up your team you will need:
  • Team Name
  • Team Captain’s in game name
  • Team Captain’s Steam profile URL
  • Which Bracket you are entering (A, B, C or D)
  • Link to picture of Team Logo – preferably imgur.com – type “none” if you have none
  • List of Team Members’ In Game Names: Minimum of 2, Maximum of 3 (Teams of 3 or 4 allowed).
  • Please note on Battlefy it is possible to sign up more players than the max; please do not. Your team will be kicked and asked to re-apply with no more than 4 players.

You will need to be able to prove your team is eligible for the bracket you sign up for; you will banned from the tournament if found you have entered purposefully for a bracket you do not belong in, no matter the stage of the tournament.

Reminder of which Bracket your team should sign up for:
  • Bracket A: North American/Europe Upper bracket – If any team members are in Leagues Image Image
  • Bracket B: North American/Europe Lower bracket – All team players must be in League Image and below
  • Bracket C: South American Upper bracket – If any team members are in Leagues Image Image
  • Bracket D: South American Lower bracket – All team players must be in League Image and below

The brackets will be first come, first serve particularly for Brackets B and D. For Brackets A and C, there will be certain teams that will be prioritised entry over others depending on prior achievements.

Last edited by burrhe on Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:26 am, edited 14 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Full Solar Tournament - Sign up now!
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:30 pm 

Full Ruleset

Format

• Double Elimination brackets
  • Best of 3 games
  • Winners, Losers and Grand Finals will be best of 5 games

Custom Rules

• Maximum starting solar
  • Disable Droppods
  • Disable bots
  • Allow join without invite
  • Everything else default

Map selection

AI Station 404 is banned

For the first game:

The map will be selected between Ribbit and Aiguillon by RNG. The team captains will be made aware of the map their first game is on. (Ribbit = 1; Aiguillon = 2; Sorona = 3)

For all subsequent games:

Team 1 will be the team that lost the previous game. Team 2 will be the winners of the previous game.
  • Team 2 bans a map out of: Ribbit, Sorona, Aiguillon and AI Station 205.
  • Team 1 picks a map out of the remaining 3.

Dave’s Stupid Rule:

A team CANNOT pick the map they won their last game on for any reason. The other team can pick that map, unless that is also where they last won a game.

Map Bans:

There is no limit to how many times in a row a map can be banned, by any combination of teams.

Naut picking

Substitutions and Stand-ins

Player substitutions are “rolling” between games, and do not need to be announced to the other team at any time. As long as the players are in the roster of 4 in the team sign-up, then any combination of substitutions can happen between games (NOT within the same game, those players must play out that game before a sub can be made).

If against a team with 4 players, make sure to take into account all 4 when picking and banning nauts.

For the first game:

Team 1 and Team 2 will be designated by RNG and the team captains will be made aware of which team they are.

For all subsequent games:

Team 1 will be the team that lost the previous game. Team 2 will be the winners of the previous game.
  • Team 1 bans 1
  • Team 2 bans 1
  • Team 1 picks 1
  • Team 2 picks 2
  • Team 1 picks 1
  • Last pick will be done “blind” – neither team will inform the other of their final naut pick; they will only find out when the game starts.

Additional clarifications:
  • Bans are both ways (neither team can use a naut once it is banned from that game).
  • A team cannot ban the same naut for 2 consecutive games, however the opposing team CAN ban that naut if they so wish. (eg/ Team A bans Froggy G game 1; Team A cannot ban Froggy G game 2, but Team B CAN ban Froggy G in game 2)
  • Picks are ONE WAY;Ditto picks are NOT allowed (both teams cannot pick the same naut as the other team for that game).
  • EXCEPT the final pick is blind so mirror picks are allowed for this final naut only (unless it has been picked through the draft process). i.e. Coco, Clunk vs Genji, Scoop; last picks can both be Froggy G, neither can be Coco, Clunk, Genji or Scoop.
  • The teams are to message their picks/bans to each other through designated captains.
  • Teams can message instead to a 3rd party (either myself or a trusted member of the community) who will act as a referee if both teams want one and agree on the person, though this is not a requirement. You will not be entitled to a referee if the other team refuses, please comply with each other’s wishes and play fair.
  • Both teams will be investigated with a possible disqualified if the picks/bans result in disagreement/fighting, subject to a review of the chatlog from both teams by myself and other TOs.

Disconnects
  • A disconnected player has 3 minutes to rejoin. After that the game will continue, the DCed player can still rejoin but his/her team will be at a 2v3 disadvantage until they do.
  • Gentleman’s Clause – Upon a disconnect all players must clear droid waves only and not prevent anyone else from clearing by attacking or killing them EXCEPT stage hazards are fair game (worm, solar boss and fire deaths are allowed during this time). Turrets must not be touched by players (unless by accident, use common sense people)
  • Any breach of the Gentleman’s Clause results in forfeiting the game for your team.
  • The Gentleman’s Clause only lasts for 3 minutes, but the enemy team can choose to keep waiting for the DCed player to rejoin.
  • If steam servers are being silly, and the game disconnects everyone, the game must be replayed with the same map and nauts (builds can be different and different team members can play the selected nauts eg/team A: Gnaw Genji Clunk. Steam DCs so they must have Gnaw Genji Clunk on their team, but there players may play different nauts for the next game)

Lack of Participation

If one team has put effort into finding the team they are playing against and there has been no reply/that team has not been free, teams can appeal to me and other TOs and we will make a decision.

Any team found to be responsible for missing the match deadline will forfeit the match.

If this happens twice during the FST those players will be blacklisted from the next tournament I run.

Last edited by burrhe on Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:17 pm 

On paper this sounds like amazing fun, I can't wait. Looks like games will just come down to the first team fight. I also think the last pick being blind is great!

Really excited for this tournament.

Already cynical and bitter at life like a dejected old man.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:28 pm 

I'm damn hyped.

tourrettturan wrote:
Ask Jakob, he knows how to beat everything.

Standard SoloQ

Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:25 pm 

Why u no ban AI Station 205? :table:
In any case sounds like a lot of fun, looking forward to it. :scoop:

Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:35 pm 

r0estir0bbe wrote:

you could just not pick it or ban it every time :aylaroll:

RamenFrog wrote:
He's probably one of the sweetest people I've met on the community

trinary wrote:
Anything burrhe posts must be exciting

trinary wrote:
It's even more exciting than I'd imagined :redcheer:

MrPillowTheGreat wrote:
when i dream i dream of burrhe.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:08 am 

burrhe wrote:
r0estir0bbe wrote:

you could just not pick it or ban it every time :aylaroll:

First world problems amirite? :scoop:

Maple syrup, hockey sticks, maple leaf, igloo, polar bear, butter tarts, hockey, poutine, eh.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:36 am 

r0estir0bbe wrote:

I'm still going to go Piggy every match, I hope you know that.

Already cynical and bitter at life like a dejected old man.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:28 pm 

If only I had a team to play with :tear:
Will we be able to spectate? (through things such as livestreams)
If so will there be giveaways in the livestreams? (Roboscoop? :leoneyes: )

My super edgy backstory (Do-nut Steal! :fist:)

God, I've really screwed up haven't I? No hard feelings y'all

Steam

Post Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:47 pm 

Mowcno wrote:
Looks like games will just come down to the first team fight.

And the second and the third. If the teams play properly it'll be decisive team fight after another; with hopefully the only stalling being footsy-nauts as one team tries to initiate. Also why it is best of 5, because by all accounts matches SHOULD last 5-10 mins

This is not to say pushing won't be important, but at max every naut will be able to push like a beast so focus should be on the teamfights (fingers crossed xD )

RamenFrog wrote:
He's probably one of the sweetest people I've met on the community

trinary wrote:
Anything burrhe posts must be exciting

trinary wrote:
It's even more exciting than I'd imagined :redcheer:

MrPillowTheGreat wrote:
when i dream i dream of burrhe.