Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Looking for Leaderboard farming teammates
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:51 pm 

Lets face it! The best way to climb is to win and the best way to win is to not solo! I'm looking for people who are stuck in leagues 2-3 who solo way too much. Preferably, people who run the following nauts which compliment my setup play style.

:thumb: :aylaroll: :scoop: :fist: :tear: :chew: :facepalm: :party: :lolstar: :think:

If your tired of getting crap team mates or never being able to beat premades with whatever unbalanced naut picks your team mate makes, add me! Because let's face it, soloing is for people who want their leader board rank to take a nosedive.

My steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198093785519/

This totally isn't also a partial rage towards this game being impossible to solo. :fist:

I'm not sure what I think about this. :think:

Winner of the Awesomenauts Guide Contest

Post subject: Re: Looking for Leaderboard farming teammates
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:05 am 

lel

Post Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:08 am 

I'd help but america :(

Carl wrote:
This game made me xenophobic. I was buying wine once, I almost bought one then realized it was from Argentina. I grabbed an American wine instead

StarDasher wrote:
This game has made me racist.
I block every single japanese people i encounter.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:04 pm 

:worship: ___ :worship:

Frankie3nig has been permabanned by Sony 0

Post Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:07 pm 

Dr. DaMan wrote:
:worship: ___ :worship:

You, uh... You might wanna get those eyes checked out.

The Lord Protector wrote:
The solution to this is having droids that are actually a threat instead of a joke.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:40 pm 

Diz Hydron wrote:
I'm looking for people who are stuck in leagues 2-3 who solo way too much. Preferably, people who run the following nauts which compliment my setup play style.

:thumb: :aylaroll: :scoop: :fist: :tear: :chew: :facepalm: :party: :lolstar: :think:

Darn it! I main Skree. :fist:
Although I have been trying to get better at Ayla, Scoop, and Sentry. And I have wanted to try out Penny and Froggy.
But seriously, it is so frustrating to have to get matched with teammates who don't seem to know what they're doing.

In-Training: :ix: :party: :worship:
Alpha Z wrote:
zeg685 wrote:
what's outside?

Everything. Yet at the same time, absolutely nothing.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:02 pm 

I main those nauts (besides Sentry). Add me! I'll show you the ropes :thumb:

Post Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:26 pm 

Add me bro, main clunk n scoop.
Steam link in sig.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:01 pm 
Adminaut

Diz Hydron wrote:
Because let's face it, soloing is for people who want their leader board rank to take a nosedive.

This may be true if you're stuck in the lower leagues. In L1 (especially Top 100), the only way to not drop down from playing games once your rating has stabilized is solo-queue. Once you're up there and play with friends, you will statistically go down over time because you only gain single-digit amounts of points per win, but lose hundreds for a single loss or disconnect. Losing to stacked premades costs you almost no points when you're by yourself anyway -- it's a non-issue from a leaderboard perspective.

Virtually all the players who (consistently) rank high up on the leaderboards do so at least partially, if not majorily, solo. I know people who solo-queue to make up for the rating they lost from playing with their friends. And they face the exact same problems you do. The reason why they rank up anyway is because they're good players.

The game is absolutely possible to play solo. The only problem is assuming you ought to be at a higher rank when the game actually stabilized you at a leaderboard position that fits your skill level. Not everyone can be a Top 100 player. You'll be a lot less frustrated with the leaderboards if you view your rank simply as a matchmaking tool to help put you up against players with similar statistics.

Disclaimer: This is not meant as a riff on you or anybody else. Solo-queue really can be a frustrating experience -- that's the nature of the game in a team-based setting like Awesomenauts. I encourage all of you to team up, as the fun level will go through the roof, win or lose, when you play with friends. But taking the "solo-queue is the reason why I'm not ranking up" stance is only hurting your self-improvement as a player, as there are already countless players who do manage all that and more while playing solo.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:46 pm 

Niko wrote:
Diz Hydron wrote:
Because let's face it, soloing is for people who want their leader board rank to take a nosedive.

This may be true if you're stuck in the lower leagues. In L1 (especially Top 100), the only way to not drop down from playing games once your rating has stabilized is solo-queue. Once you're up there and play with friends, you will statistically go down over time because you only gain single-digit amounts of points per win, but lose hundreds for a single loss or disconnect. Losing to stacked premades costs you almost no points when you're by yourself anyway -- it's a non-issue from a leaderboard perspective.

Virtually all the players who (consistently) rank high up on the leaderboards do so at least partially, if not majorily, solo. I know people who solo-queue to make up for the rating they lost from playing with their friends. And they face the exact same problems you do. The reason why they rank up anyway is because they're good players.

The game is absolutely possible to play solo. The only problem is assuming you ought to be at a higher rank when the game actually stabilized you at a leaderboard position that fits your skill level. Not everyone can be a Top 100 player. You'll be a lot less frustrated with the leaderboards if you view your rank simply as a matchmaking tool to help put you up against players with similar statistics.

Disclaimer: This is not meant as a riff on you or anybody else. Solo-queue really can be a frustrating experience -- that's the nature of the game in a team-based setting like Awesomenauts. I encourage all of you to team up, as the fun level will go through the roof, win or lose, when you play with friends. But taking the "solo-queue is the reason why I'm not ranking up" stance is only hurting your self-improvement as a player, as there are already countless players who do manage all that and more while playing solo.

Is there viability to playing with team mates to avoid getting the issues of feeding/dcing team mates early season and then soloing once you are pretty high up there? I have tried that strategy before and found that soloing is much easier in the high league 2's through league 1's as the people who you are que'd with have more of a respect for staying in a game and are always are far better players than anyone in lower leagues.

I also think play style plays more of a roll in it then some people think. I did a study on people who mainly soloQ and still get into high leagues. It turns out that almost every single one of them who do mainly solo and still climb high all mainly play nauts that kill or play the roll of the finisher/assassin. I also found that people who play support roles, initiators and enablers almost never climbed that high when soloing due to the heavy team dependent nature of their play style. Those people suffer far more from the faults of soloing than the people who primarily kill. At the same time, I've seen people stuck in leagues 4-2 with that play style wipe the floor with top 100 players consistently when they have team mates they can predict and trust to perform at a certain level. On matches on regular occasion, they hardly do anything but when playing with good team mates who know how to finish and be there for there team mates, they setup 2-4 team wipes per match (link to the thread here http://www.awesomenauts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=40068 ). Not that I'm saying your wrong or anything but I do think that play style heavily plays into solo success. :shrug: