Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Looking for Leaderboard farming teammates
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:08 pm 
Adminaut

Diz Hydron wrote:
I also think play style plays more of a roll in it then some people think.

Oh, I agree! You basically have to play a carry character (and actually be able to carry) if you want to go on a solo spree. It's certainly possible to do it with characters like Voltar or Yuri, but it's definitely more work.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:03 pm 

Niko wrote:
Diz Hydron wrote:
I also think play style plays more of a roll in it then some people think.

Oh, I agree! You basically have to play a carry character (and actually be able to carry) if you want to go on a solo spree. It's certainly possible to do it with characters like Voltar or Yuri, but it's definitely more work.

I play hard core setup which is why soloing is so tough for me. I think Voltar is a bit of a special case right now because he has a lot of Assassin power if played correctly. That and almost everyone in the top leagues know how to play with him so playing him in the high leagues isn't really a problem in terms of SoloQ. I think Yuri is the same in terms of being useful in high leagues but I rarely see people soloing all the way up with him. Usually, they premade with Yuri up or they run carry until they hit high leagues.

Also keep in mind that the stereotypical support nauts aren't the only nauts that can support. Rocco, Ted, Penny, Skolder, Scoop, Gnaw, Coco, Swiggins and a few others, though they can run carry, can also run very valuable support roles with the little CC they have. The extra support of having a lot of damage behind you is support enough. Everything about support Rocco is team wipe fuel but you need to focus heavily on farming and not running an assassin build. While wrecking with Rocco is fun, I prefer being responsible for 6 of the matches team wipes. I also have played with people in the top 100 and held my own well. That's mainly why I need Que mates personally.

Also, is it just me or does it always happen to get that weird high league team against low league team the one match you try someone different? :lolstar:

I'm not sure what I think about this. :think:

Winner of the Awesomenauts Guide Contest

Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:21 am 

Diz Hydron wrote:
Rocco, Ted, Penny, Skolder, Scoop, Gnaw, Coco, Swiggins and a few others, though they can run carry, can also run very valuable support roles with the little CC they have.

So you are saying that Penny, Skolldir, Coco, Swiggins(, Rocco and Scoop) have little CC?

tourrettturan wrote:
Ask Jakob, he knows how to beat everything.

Standard SoloQ

Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:14 pm 

Jakob wrote:
Diz Hydron wrote:
Rocco, Ted, Penny, Skolder, Scoop, Gnaw, Coco, Swiggins and a few others, though they can run carry, can also run very valuable support roles with the little CC they have.

So you are saying that Penny, Skolldir, Coco, Swiggins(, Rocco and Scoop) have little CC?

I was referring to CC as the more heal focused support. They all do have CC but I was trying to make a distinction (and now that I've re read it, see that I didn't do a good job. :chew: ) between heals and setup/just being there to deal damage. While Skolder Swiggins and Coco are basically setup characters, the other nauts mentioned all have builds that work effectively when trying to carry (such as building into stun on stimpack for ted and stun on airstrike early to set up for yourself.) but they can also support by buying into other things. (such as a VERY stun heavy airstrike/stimpack build for ted or just going all out, unadulterated damage) I tend to run damage heavy builds that build less into the last hit and more into the early game damage output when playing with team mates. My teams usually have a finisher, damage dealer and the bruiser/setup character. I usually run the latter two.

Some examples of what I'm trying to say:

Solo Ted build. Focuses on having good CC to setup for abuse of shotgun.

Support Ted build. Buys into damage output earlier on and relies on team mates to deal the CC and build around his weaknesses. It gives overwhelming damage without many upgrades that help him finish enemies off but the damage alone helps his allies to do so.

I hope I explained this better than I tried to last time.

I'm not sure what I think about this. :think:

Winner of the Awesomenauts Guide Contest

Post Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:33 am 

I'll just hop in and say that if I want to gain any rank I do it in soloq. I definitely enjoy playing with other people more than I do soloq, but I never get a a good amount of rating for it. MOre often then not I'll play a few games with some friends, gain some rating, but then lose twice as much if we lose a game.

I will say that playing a more support oriented character makes it harder to progress on the leader boards, but it certainly is possible. I just wouldn't take the leader boards seriously in the first place. Unless you can stick in League 1 through the first two weeks until it normalizes, you probably won't be able to make it for the rest of the season due to diminishing rating gains. A decent amount of people in league 1 only play a few games to get a large amount of rating, and then just idle with their rating. I think the lowest rating you need to get into league 1 is usually around ~16900.

Personally, I don't think what league you are in matters in the first place. There are plenty of l2/l3 people who are much better than higher ranked players, and it's silly to judge them based off of their league.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:07 am 

Omnipulse wrote:
I'll just hop in and say that if I want to gain any rank I do it in soloq. I definitely enjoy playing with other people more than I do soloq, but I never get a a good amount of rating for it. MOre often then not I'll play a few games with some friends, gain some rating, but then lose twice as much if we lose a game.

I will say that playing a more support oriented character makes it harder to progress on the leader boards, but it certainly is possible. I just wouldn't take the leader boards seriously in the first place. Unless you can stick in League 1 through the first two weeks until it normalizes, you probably won't be able to make it for the rest of the season due to diminishing rating gains. A decent amount of people in league 1 only play a few games to get a large amount of rating, and then just idle with their rating. I think the lowest rating you need to get into league 1 is usually around ~16900.

Personally, I don't think what league you are in matters in the first place. There are plenty of l2/l3 people who are much better than higher ranked players, and it's silly to judge them based off of their league.

Good post :chew:
The last guy in Image (250th) has a rating of 16741 :chew:

tourrettturan wrote:
Ask Jakob, he knows how to beat everything.

Standard SoloQ