Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Patch notes 4.7
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:37 pm 

Sam! wrote:
Very brief observations on snork:
Design wise, his hook and AA are pretty fun but the rotating orbs just feel so RNG dependent on if they hit in fights, it reminds me of the criticism I had towards laser trap and why it got changed into a more DoT based ability rather than DPS. Sometimes they don't hit and you just feel like "you just got unlucky", I really dislike that. Maybe you could add to the character a little by letting him throw the balls one by one as projectiles with a second right-click while it's active, sort of like ksenia scissors so he feels less luck based.

Jump is really not very fun because he has no initial high velocity jump, he just slowly floats up off the ground. Ix has an initial small jump which lets him get himself into the air with velocity, same with genji hovering. I think he needs one too.

Actually, I love the rotating orbs as they are way less RNG than laser, since they are all about positioning. The only reason they might FEEL like RNG is because of his terrible acceleration and slow jump. If you're going to make an ability centered around positioning, you can't have the character be so clumsy.

The grapple is just a copy+paste of Swiggins with aoe+slow on base and stun as an upgrade, as supposed to stun on base and aoe+extra stun as upgrades. Both abilities have damage, range, and cooldown for upgrades as well. The grapple has potential to be interesting since it at least gives him some mobility, but since it brings you next to your opponents it doesn't jive well with the rotating orbs.

IMO you should just give the rotating orbs to rocket (to replace laser) and call it a day. He would actually be able to skillfully land them, and they belong on a ranged character, not a melee one (you can't ever land melee aa and orbs at the same time). Besides, the rest of Snork's character feels bland and unoriginal, especially in the upgrade department.

But since this is never going to happen, at least tone down his damage for crying out loud. If you land 3 orbs (which is easy to do with +size) it's about 90% hp of damage. One grapple to finish it off. It's like clunk combo oneshot except way easier to land.

If the leaderboards were truly always designed to be strictly for the matchmaker's consideration only and not for players to climb, I'll film myself drinking several litres of condensed milk and PayPal you all £1,000

Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:40 pm 

Rocket: nuke bug's 70% damage multiplier now affects interpolation damage of rocket launch. not sure how/if this affects anything. damage settings for rocket launch reflect the base damage while the interpolation values reflect the max value it can reach. before only the base damage setting was multiplied by 0.7, but again i'm not sure how the math for this is actually done.

Yuri: collisionHeight of LaserJetterShot from blank -> 0 for whatever reason

Derpl: damage multiplier of split cat with Bat Catsuit against slowed enemies increased 2 -> 2.2

Yoolip: collisionHeight of LaserElliptoBeam from blank -> 0 for whatever reason

(tldr nothing juicy)

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:20 am 

Strength aside, I don't find playing him to be particularly engaging. It feels like using him in his current design is just going to be hook into an enemy > use Shell explosion and follow up with AA strikes. To remedy that I suggest holding the button for Shell explosion causes the shells to stay in place while tapping/letting go causes them to resume moving but in the opposite direction. You would definitely have to nerf the dps of shells and the heal rate of that upgrade, but I think it would go a long way in making him more engaging in the sense that you have more control over the positioning of the shells and let him use the dps/healing if you buy it a bigger part of the skill as you now have the ability to hold them in place.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:40 am 

* FIX THE SENTRY BUGS AND NERF SMILES HP HOLY *

how are u guys actually not doing that

Awesomenauts Rumble Tournament: http://awesomenautsrumble.com
Discord: https://discord.gg/nGCYF3k

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:00 am 

Day 2 complete reworks incoming.

I do think his grapple could be pretty interesting. If it did little or no damage at base, and only applied to terrain it could be interesting. Then damage people on his path to whatever.

Also I'd like it if it didn't lock your movement, even though it's quite quick. It being basically swigs hook is just a waste. If it was movement based you could potentially pull yourself through an enemy naut and bodyblock him while hitting him with shells, or something sneaky like that.

And maybe reduce the range of shell bomberinos as well.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:01 am 

I'd like to see a statement from Ronimo on community suggested balance changes. Especially about Sentry and Smiles.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:03 am 

So will his extra skin be a IT-like mad clown, or just a happy non scary juggler?
His graphics were made around the circus upgrade, werent they? So a clown he shall be, riiiiiight? :voltarroll: Even wilder idea: his original skin was the clown, but since he didnt make it to the circus upgrade, his then-default clown skin was changed to a premium skin, and cop-like skin made as the default? :voltarroll: And his VA is the same as the circus announcer? :voltarroll: Theories, theories I have.

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:10 am 

IsoKoala wrote:
So will his extra skin be a IT-like mad clown, or just a happy non scary juggler?
His graphics were made around the circus upgrade, werent they? So a clown he shall be, riiiiiight? :voltarroll: Even wilder idea: his original skin was the clown, but since he didnt make it to the circus upgrade, his then-default clown skin was changed to a premium skin, and cop-like skin made as the default? :voltarroll: And his VA is the same as the circus announcer? :voltarroll: Theories, theories I have.

:voltarroll: :voltarroll: :voltarroll: :voltarroll: :voltarroll:
Please use these, your post is hard to read.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:30 pm 

Snork Gunk is a promising naut, here are my changes:

Upgrades: (sorry if i dont remember some names, I post this while in-game and he isnt on nautsbuilder)
- Wraith Stone replaced by Barrier Magazine
Helps Snork Gunk going in as a 1300 health naut close ranged naut

Conch dunk
-Damage lowered from 95 to 90
-Tear Gas now extends duration of CC effects by 0.15s per hit
Replacement for a filler upgrade. It's filler because its droid clear increase on a character that does not need it.

- Brainslug Helm now grants Snork Gunk 30% increased attack speed while Shell bombs are active
Why would a character with a slow in its kit need a constant slow effect of the same value? Makes no sense that this upgrade is on Snork Gunk, also a perma slow on AA would just defeat the purpose of the slow damage increase upgrade. Big no.

- Walkie talkie now costs 200 solar instead of 120
Snork Gunk actually has a realiable slow in his kit to get some usage out of it. The reason this upgrade is so cheap on Smiles is that Smiles has to invest in other upgrades or rely on teammates. Also Snork gunk's slow is longer.

Shell bomb

- Shell bombs now always explode when destroyed
Currently fighting around enemy turrets or enemy barriers is impossible because they instantly negate your shell bombs, allowing them to at least explode improves clarity because its easier to track what is blocking your shell bombs and make it more forgiving

- Shell bomb DPS radius increased by 75%
Still quite small, but you can actually use the DPS now on nauts

- Shell bomb DPS damage lowered to 400 from 500
-Explosion damage decreased from 200 to 170
- Spiked Conchball (damage upgrade) now increases explosion damage by 13%(1/2)
600 damage on base if all 3 hit is a bit much.

- Original Conchball now adds a 0.3s snare on the first Shell bomb impact for 190 solar
Shell bomb actually has some interesting micro-play that is completely destroyed by size increase. So it is replaced by another utility upgrade.

- Glamorous seashells now also has its radius increased by 75%

Sticky Snail

- Snork Gunk is now not stationary during Sticky Snail cast, but keeps his momentum
A bit like old Swiggins Hook, this change is to set him apart from Swiggins Hook while also making landing this ability a bit more challenging. I think this is justified because of his extremely forgiving movement.

- Sticky Snail range increased by 15%
- Broom (range increase) now increases range by 30% from 50%
The range upgrade is a bit too polarizing and mandatory

- Participation Trophy now grants Snork Gunk 72 health per enemy hit over 3 seconds.
Snork Gunk will appreciate a heal over time more because he can use it while engaging at full health

- Broken Timer (cooldown reduction) now decreases cooldown time by 2 seconds when Snork Gunk grapples surfaces.
4 second cooldown grapples are insanity if they can constantly be used on Awesomenauts.

Thanks for reading

would be down to playtest

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:53 pm 

Could you also fix nibbs bugs ? :tear: