Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Patch notes 4.7
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:56 pm 

Uiomancant wrote:
because blind and shield aren't very useful

I could argue that. Yes, the more team experienced and high-ranked the less blind works. But that is fair almost in every aspect of this game. Hard playing premades are usually prepared to counter-measure your actions. And still, if we're talking about average players without teamspeak programs like Discord, even on L2 and L3 you can be quite annoying with blind effect. Since, you know, it disorienting.
Yes, Awesomenauts are 6 years old and there's only 6 maps so we all are quite able to cross it freely even blindfolded. But! Knowing where to go usn't equal to be prepared for changes. And so blinded Voltar escapes Leon in opponent Clunk's direction. Blinded Penny is not quite sure whether she could go out of turret and punish that nasty Vinnie or his friend Skoll is nearby already.
I think you got the point. Blind steals your reaction time for taking decitions. You would be surprised how often it actually works.

Sam! wrote:
Rocket is still a mess and could stand to be reverted to his old self without the distance mechanics

And the old Rocket was too easy to land all his damage. People usually just went point blank, tossed the laser and simultaniously landed both rocket launcher and small missiles on target easily going on the same level of danger as Clunk. Not mentioning that was also the escape tool...
Sam! wrote:
...which is fun for nobody.

So if you were not proposing something like full self-damage in blast radius I'd say I like current CMD Rocket much more than that sneaky fun-breaking weasel who actually was responsible for abandoning the game by a large group of new and old players.
Damage or safety. I believe something has to be sacrificed.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:42 pm 

Sevenecho wrote:
0Damage or safety. I believe something has to be sacrificed.

We can keep both if laser trap is scrapped. By moving some "old" power from rocket launch (who let's be real, was overloaded Day 1 and still remain fairly good rn) to another new ability that suits his intended design, he might be easier to balance. Right now, the fact that all his power is concentrated into rocket launch and lategame laser trap make it impossible to make changes to him.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:12 pm 

Mr Nutz jr wrote:
We can keep both if laser trap is scrapped. By moving some "old" power from rocket launch (who let's be real, was overloaded Day 1 and still remain fairly good rn) to another new ability that suits his intended design, he might be easier to balance. Right now, the fact that all his power is concentrated into rocket launch and lategame laser trap make it impossible to make changes to him.

Or that. But AFAIK they are busy with another game rn and it's highly unlikely there are enough vacant people for a huge character rework like that.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:01 am 

Okay, I'm gonna bring it up again because no one even acknowledged it. Nerf Deadlift. His shield completely negates any form of non-DoT that you can throw at him if it has so much as 1 HP, which would be fine if he didn't also have good damage and decent mobility with his high jump and Lunge. He's doing everything way too well and has been a dominant pick for the last couple of patches. Even DoT isn't that problematic when he has a self-heal on shield break and a HoT on his AA.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:01 pm 

Just thought I would point out that snail has a 4 second cooldown and a 0.4 stun plus 35% slow with the right upgrades.

This might be a problem.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:20 pm 

As it seems Snork isn't going to be receiving anymore significant changes before release (even though I believe he should be), I'd still like to see the interaction between his Shell Bombs and turrets fixed because at the moment it isn't very clear to the player exactly what happens. They should either explode on impact or move through turrets, not just disappear as if a result of a bug.

Winner of the Design-Your-Naut 2 contest (Ix the Interloper), and emote creator :yoolip:

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:32 am 

can you adress snapper trap and lighter please?

bring snapper trap down to 175 at least. And since I doubt % changes are gonna do anything to lighter unless you gut it completely, make the stationary flames deal DoT damage when stepping on them, way way less savage than the current lighter and easier to tweak afterward.

Also make pocket dog a fireball upgrade (just copypaste nibb's fireball tbh) lol

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:48 pm 

Tested both in 4.6 and 4.7 beta 3.
As you all know Ix's Bond heals allies and damages his enemies. The initial damage/heal + 3 seconds of continuous lesser numbers. There's also an upgrade called Overexposed nature photo, which lets to "apply 50% of the healing given to allies to Ix as well".
The bond itself doesn't make self-healing possible in any way. Strangely enough, it seems ONP works not only on allies! The picture says it for me. Yes, it only heals Ix by half of initial damage inflicted to the enemy while using the skill on allies also provides another 3 seconds. Not a big deal. But then don't you see a contradiction with the upgrade description saying nothing about offensive self-healing?

I was going to tell how ridiculous that 4th line looks in beta. Someone else told about it from the beginning, but since patch 4.7 is near, I think it wouldn't hurt anyone if I remind.
Why not using some free space to the right? I suspect bringing in the 4th line is a bit... too optimistic.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:58 pm 

conorbebe wrote:
As it seems Snork isn't going to be receiving anymore significant changes before release (even though I believe he should be), I'd still like to see the interaction between his Shell Bombs and turrets fixed because at the moment it isn't very clear to the player exactly what happens. They should either explode on impact or move through turrets, not just disappear as if a result of a bug.

i'm surprised this is still a thing. they shouldn't collide with turrets at all imo.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:41 pm 

IsoKoala wrote:
So will his extra skin be a IT-like mad clown, or just a happy non scary juggler?
His graphics were made around the circus upgrade, werent they? So a clown he shall be, riiiiiight? :voltarroll: Even wilder idea: his original skin was the clown, but since he didnt make it to the circus upgrade, his then-default clown skin was changed to a premium skin, and cop-like skin made as the default? :voltarroll: And his VA is the same as the circus announcer? :voltarroll: Theories, theories I have.

:shady: Seems like I was right about these one month prior the reveal of the clown skin. :shady:

Can you make that under 255 characters so I can make it my signature?