Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

Post subject: Re: Patch 3.1 beta 1 is Live!
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:46 am 

GuyBrush wrote:
Thijs wrote:
-Jimmy/Amy now has a 25% chance to trigger voice lines towards Yoolip or Chucho when encountering them.

What the heck is babyface going to say? :jimmy:

You'd be surprised to see what they can say. :nibbswink:

Maple syrup, hockey sticks, maple leaf, igloo, polar bear, butter tarts, hockey, poutine, eh.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:25 am 

Well I'm glad you didn't touch chucho's damage numbers. I think most people forget when you nerf someone that they cannot be perfectly "balanced", they need to be a threat otherwise why would anyone play them. I feel that Chucho's damage is only threatening near his bike. Everyone is to caught up with stun and still might be after it's nerf anyway. Just change it to a snare.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:17 am 

Whoa, whoa, whoa. No Nibbs nerfs?! Are you kidding me? It is practically every other match that I see a Nibbs hard carry with three times as many kills as the next closest on their team.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:33 am 

What league? I go literally DAYS without seeing a single Nibbs.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:48 am 

lostsmu wrote:
What league? I go literally DAYS without seeing a single Nibbs.

Mm. Maybe I'm exaggerating a little. Nibbs isn't as common as she was recently, but whenever I do see her, she usually does hard carry. Tonight was probably just a weird exception. Saw it 3 or 4 times. Low league 2.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:56 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Jammerx2 wrote:
Is there any time estimate on when a Linux build will be available?

We're working on fixing our Linux build VM. Ronimo coder Bart hopes to have it produce functional Linux builds again later today, but we'll have to see how that goes.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:11 am 

Thank you for fixing the silence canceling rae's snipe. Now instead of 100, there's 99 ways to cancel it.

If you do decide to change Yoolip further, I think centering his gameplay around assisting droids would make him a unique choice. There's not really any character that has this trait right now. Maybe let droids pick up his health packs and buff his droid heal slightly. The point is I don't think every naut needs to be focused on brawling to be fun. There needs to be more ways to contribute to a team's success besides raw damage.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:39 am 

some really good changes but i don't understand why would you leave out bad upgrades from balancing. do you honestly feel like those upgrades are in good spot?

Dirty Diapers, merged into one stage -2s 180 solar
Robo Daddy and Robo Mummy, damage reducing shield increased from 20% per stage to 25% per stage, solar price reduced from 155 to 135 solar
Baby's first cage fight, merged into one stage -2s 180 solar
Micey the mech-pilot, now also adds debuff immunity during missile barrage

Flying fish compass merged into one stage -2s 190 solar
Treasure Lottery Map price reduced from 175 solar to 145 solar, duration increased from 1s to 1.5s

Time primer, effect replaced, now reduces cooldown of Time warp by 1s, two stages for a total of 2s reduction, price increased to 160 solar per stage

it's like you're focusing on very limited number of characters and still just barely touch them, even when there are obvious things to fix. Yuri's double slow build, the biggest offender regarding his power level, and no decision to either replace one upgrade or nerf it?

the map, textures, look gorgeous ( except for this area, it's just vertical line and empty wall: https://i.gyazo.com/908a030a1ae046a6ac0 ... 0c4b0a.png ), but you didn't take into account vast feedback it received back in the day.

what's the point of gathering feedback when you guys just largely ignored it and pushed through with the original iteration? i remember very good and detailed post from hurleybird, look how it's still relevant:

hurleybird wrote:
I was saddened to see that Ronimo hadn't made any changes to the map between beta 2 and the 2.12 release. I hope this isn't a sign that Ronimo is going to ignore critical feedback and push through with the current iteration because I don't know a single competitive player who actually likes the map in its current state -- as far as I can tell they all think it's kind of garbage. I'd go as far to say that it's worse than AI Station 205, though maybe not as bad as 404.

A list of current issues, off the top of my head:

-Turrets are way too close together, obviously. Nobody likes this.

-The ceiling is a bit too high.

-Side teleporter entrances are visible when you are pushing the top turrets. This is pretty terrible, because it means there is very little risk involved in pushing -- you can see when the enemy team is trying to get behind you via the teleporter and, unless you have fliers, there's no other tangible way to cut off a team that is pushing (well, you could take the death pit teleporter, but that's really out of the way). Having a bit of uncertainty is a lot more interesting.

-Speaking of interesting, health creeps that can't be stolen or denied until a turret goes down are also quite boring.

-Creeps on the top still fall off the ledge regularly.

-The teleporter exit is placed in such a way that it is easy to cheese it. You can place a sentry beacon or a grid trap right on top of it. When the teleporter is controlled in this way, it becomes very difficult for the other team to move around the map -- and without the teleporters travel between lanes is about the slowest of any map.

-The three bouncers right outside the core are a bad idea, and can be cheesed by Derpl relentlessly.

-Layout disproportionately benefits fliers, obviously.

-And moderately punishes floaters. Not being able to jump after dropping down is typically a minor inconvenience -- it's always pretty easy to get back to where you fell through from. In this map, you need to commit to large drop downs that completely separate you from your previous position. In the scenario where you have a normal jump and are trying to get away from a floater, just drop through one of these platforms. If they follow you, jump back up since they cannot. If they don't follow you right away, chances are you've gained enough distance to cement your escape.

-Lack of jungles makes things rather boring. No jungles didn't help AI station, and isn't helping this map either. There's a reason successful MOBAs tend to have jungles -- they create interesting situations ("Should I do X if I'm not sure about the safety of this area?") and increase the importance of game sense.

-The bottom area doesn't really have a purpose and feels rather random, like someone just tacked on a death pit for the hell of it. It will also probably never work well with bots without massive layout changes or new AI modding tools (such as dual stick controls. With the current single stick controls, aiming tends to mess up movement a bit - and vice versa. Usually this isn't too much of an issue besides generally lowering bot performance, but when you have a death pit unmolested movement is pretty darn essential!), effectively gimping any situation where one side has a bot team-mate. If this were Aiguillon, it would be the perfect place to put the invis orb (much better than the centre of the map -- needing to actually go out of your way to grab a game altering power up makes a lot of sense), but as it stands there's no reason for teams to actually contest this area.

So all in all it's a boring, claustrophobic map that disproportionately benefits some characters much like AI station 404 did and snowballs easily once you control the teleporter exit (how much you can is, unfortunately, almost completely determined at character select). There's little room for dynamic and interesting gameplay due to the spartan nature of the layout. Lastly, the teleporters, while interesting, are implemented poorly (a more interesting approach might involve areas that are only accessible via teleport.) I hate to be the bearer of bad news, and while I'd like nothing more than to say "Good job Ronimo," as a player I can't do that right now.

As an aside, Aiguillon would be Summoner's Rift good if you replaced the bottom hide area with a death pit (or worked one onto it), put the invis orb down there, and added a teleporter in the pit that took you to the current position of the orb.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:22 am 

Skree's AA still feels very easy to aim, how about reducing the aiming cone even further? Preferably something lower than 30°.

ant wrote:
you said you'd buff net if i told you about the bug that makes it almost halfway viable :(

Did they mention what they'd do to buff it?

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:23 pm 

I hope you guys are planning on nerfing Leon soon.

We've been getting quite a lot of complaints about him lately.

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next