Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts



Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Patch 3.1 beta 1 is Live!
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:42 am
Posts: 1691
Location: ???
Dr. DaMan wrote:
Skip wrote:
I'd be fine with medican getting removed or reworked.

I mean, didn't we remove Solar Tree for "rewarding the player for doing nothing?"

give everyone krab burgers :)


haha nice meme :chucho: dude


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Patch 3.1 beta 1 is Live!
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:05 pm
Posts: 3315
Location: Melbourne, Australia
almost as good as this one :chucho: meme

_________________
TigerKirby215 wrote:
People in L3 are a very tough challenge. So one can easily assume L1 live in insane asylums & have nothing to do other than play nauts, or hack
Quote:
Frankie3nig has been permabanned by Sony 0


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Patch 3.1 beta 1 is Live!
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:07 am
Posts: 526
Does no one remember that trick-up-your-sleeve broke off into two mines originally? The only problem I had with that is that it wasn't affected by Zork Industries Share Agreement.

I liked to get Trick-Up-Your-Sleeve, Zork Industries Share Agreement, and Four Eye Visor to make a field of DoT damage during team fights.

_________________
The question is not who will let me, but who will stop me.


Main: :ix: :party: :ksenia: :rae:
Watch my youtube.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Patch 3.1 beta 1 is Live!
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:22 am 
Offline
Adminaut
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:11 pm
Posts: 1218
Location: Canada
I have been testing Swiggins extensively. He is my baby, so to say. I've got a lot of opinions on the changes that have happened. I'll go through each row to cover the bases:

Anchor Dive:
Base Anchor Dive is feeling a lot better with the stun shifted off of the upgrade and some on base. Furthermore, Ancient Octant is a lot more fair and interesting now that it applies from Swiggins. Blue Heart Medal is also sitting in a great place.

In term of what is wrong now, there is only a little left. Flying Fish Compass doesn't synergize well with the combo, and is often left being an expensive upgrade that doesn't do much. One stage at an overall cheaper price would be a good temporary solution. Lottery Treasure Map is just not an appealing upgrade, even with Kraken Statue being nerfed. It needs a different role or to help the team out in some way. Lastly, Mobile Periscope is often not a great choice for the inherent downsides. I would avoid changing it for now, because buffs may make it get quickly out of hand.

Anchor Drop:
Feels really weird with both the impact and snap damage. It is technically a larger value of damage, but the regen counteracts part of it, meaning that the up-front burst is nerfed overall. I would avoid getting to attached to the snap damage at the end of anchor. Furthermore, the new Double Glazed Royal Porcelain (slow when AD ends) feels strong for power, but not for concept. I still recommend an effect such as a massive AoE slow regeneration aura for nearby allies.

In terms of the health of anchor, it still is rather squishy. I think trying out 400 or 450 may be a little more appropriate. However, I would also advise trying Alien Sweetener out not as an HP upgrade, but rather making it basically the same as Chucho's Alien Repellent Varnish (shield for the summon while you are near it) so that distant anchors are easier to deal with, HP is not as potentially much as a mandatory upgrade, and it gives more reason for Swiggins to be alive and near it.

Another thing to potentially consider is decreasing the length of Anchor Drop's tether slightly because it has increased over time by a small amount, and a little more when Double Glazed Royal Porcelain was changed to a - length upgrade. Reducing the length of base Anchor Drop's tether by 10%-15% may also make a big difference for the skill.

In terms of the other upgrades, I would honestly like to see Spoon gone because it doesn't promote the counterplay of destroying the anchor. Magnetic Anchor and Palladium Teabags could stand to see a small price drop to improve their application earlier in the game. 150 per stage for both of them.

If you want some other ideas, perhaps the ability for Anchor Drop to be placed in the field and tether a target automatically when it gets near, of course, being limited with a long cooldown. Something to promote alternative plays and styles.

Anchor Swing/Ink Spray:
The base damage buff has made a large impact. Swiggins feels a lot better with this change and hasn't been overwhelming. In terms of diversity, I would say that some of the weaker upgrades should be addressed. Aquarium Pump isn't making the splash that it had been before. Perhaps considering buffing the value to 30% with a price increase may be an option. Royal Toy Castle is good, but feels silly as a multi-stage upgrade. I would recommend combining the stages and reducing the overall price a little.

Not Seeweed is a little better with the 1 second of blind. I think that part is perfectly fine, but it is still a weak upgrade. As discussed before, allowing Anchor Swing to apply a 20%-25% slow will be the best way to buff the upgrade and give it use. It then becomes an upgrade with two different CC effects with the two difference stances. Blind is also better as the option for Ink Spray because a consistent ranged slow is super strong and a blind is overall more thematic and fun for Swiggins to have.

Other than that, he is looking good. Swiggins is feeling a lot more responsive and in-line with some of the characters.

_________________
One of your friendly neighbourhood moderators. Feel free to send me a private message (PM) if you have any concerns.

Champion of ducks. Swiggins main.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Patch 3.1 beta 1 is Live!
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:13 pm
Posts: 52
It doesn't matter how long the blind is, Not Seaweed will always be useless because Ink Spray is mostly used after anchoring someone and there is no point in blinding an enemy that is already snared. It needs a brand new effect.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Patch 3.1 beta 1 is Live!
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:57 am
Posts: 16
Maybe some of my advices was already mentioned before, so I bring my appologizes.

CUSTOM GAMES
*increase maximum amount of starting solar, becouse in a "all items in a row" modes current value is not enough to buy everything what you want
*numbers which shows K/D is lagged and get into each other in some types custom settings
*"damage scaling" + "knockback on damage" at the same time so weird and bring lots bugs. Maybe we locked using this two settings in a same time?
*Why there are not any parameters to change CD?
*also if we have damage scaling setting, so why we have not same thing for CC? just like BKM, but working conversely
*Poor bots, they cant react on all this chaos

SS MAP
Just small advice, pls add to teleports small gravity like Sentry`s BHS, but much lower. Because portals is a instability in a space and time, fault in reality, so why it doesnt feeling like some physical thing.

BALANCE

CHUCHO
Yea, damage from Ramona was too much, but the main problem with this naut - "One armed Chameleon" and "Blabl Zork" can be solved very easy, just do this effect work out in a case of successful landing "Sticky Bombs". Now even if you miss your skills you still can deal lots of damage only by your AA.

Yoolip
He dont need any damage buffs. To compensate his self-stun mechanics just add small passive shield around 15-20% without possibility of upgrades.

Swiggins
*I still cant understand, what is happend with him in 3.0 and why good brawler became totally mess. I agree with burst nerfing, especially Poolboy, but why you reduce his DPS from AA? before 3.0. he was on a top of AA chars, but now he take four place from the bottom, even ranged chars like rae, ted, rocco have better AA damage, than this melee brawler. Ye, his prices is pretty low, but he have not such possibilities for framing, like most of chars, so... why?
*As idea of "Not seewed", maybe we add stan or vertical knockback on his Ink AA in case of succussul landing three attacks in row or something simular.
* another idea for "Not seewed": let every successful attack bu Ink inreace the duration of chain by 0.2 sec or somethig
P.S. I know, I`m too late, but RONMa, where is patch or new beta?!

_________________
Pls dont be mad because of my grammar


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Patch 3.1 beta 1 is Live!
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:09 pm
Posts: 2771
Location: Lesson #1 DINOSAURS ARE JUST BIG DUMB CARNIVOROUS CHICKENS, YOU CAN'T LEARN THEM ANYTHING!
Der gute Kamerad wrote:
CHUCHO
Yea, damage from Ramona was too much, but the main problem with this naut - "One armed Chameleon" and "Blabl Zork" can be solved very easy, just do this effect work out in a case of successful landing "Sticky Bombs". Now even if you miss your skills you still can deal lots of damage only by your AA.

Since when is Blabl Zork a problem? :huh:

_________________
Handsomenauts thread
Video thread

Tech support volunteer

Devmon52 wrote:
I am disappointed in those who voted Harambe as president.

Alpha Z wrote:
Dammit forums, y u gotta be keepin' me out of a sig?


:raehands:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Patch 3.1 beta 1 is Live!
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:28 am 
Offline
Adminaut
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:57 pm
Posts: 12862
Location: lol
vmar98 wrote:
Der gute Kamerad wrote:
CHUCHO
Yea, damage from Ramona was too much, but the main problem with this naut - "One armed Chameleon" and "Blabl Zork" can be solved very easy, just do this effect work out in a case of successful landing "Sticky Bombs". Now even if you miss your skills you still can deal lots of damage only by your AA.

Since when is Blabl Zork a problem? :huh:

When it became 45% DPS, becoming a must-have in any situation. I'd say once you get a bit of slow on sticky it's better than Chameleon for dealing out damage as you can slow anyone down to keep in your high DPS barrage.

Also Blabl already does proc on sticky landing rather than using sticky so that nerf idea is a bust. Really just needs a % nerf to 35-40% and it should be fine.

_________________
Character Hitbox Thread (Rocket added)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Patch 3.1 beta 1 is Live!
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:42 am
Posts: 1691
Location: ???
FishmanDerp wrote:
vmar98 wrote:
Der gute Kamerad wrote:
CHUCHO
Yea, damage from Ramona was too much, but the main problem with this naut - "One armed Chameleon" and "Blabl Zork" can be solved very easy, just do this effect work out in a case of successful landing "Sticky Bombs". Now even if you miss your skills you still can deal lots of damage only by your AA.

Since when is Blabl Zork a problem? :huh:

When it became 45% DPS, becoming a must-have in any situation. I'd say once you get a bit of slow on sticky it's better than Chameleon for dealing out damage as you can slow anyone down to keep in your high DPS barrage.

Also Blabl already does proc on sticky landing rather than using sticky so that nerf idea is a bust. Really just needs a % nerf to 35-40% and it should be fine.


I never found it to be mandatory, considering he can easily gun down things with just chameleon alone.

But then again I also consider piercing to be mandatory because his clear/teamfighting prowess feels like trash without it so I dunno. :derp:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Patch 3.1 beta 1 is Live!
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:48 am 
Offline
Adminaut
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:57 pm
Posts: 12862
Location: lol
Skip wrote:
I never found it to be mandatory, considering he can easily gun down things with just chameleon alone.

But then again I also consider piercing to be mandatory because his clear/teamfighting prowess feels like trash without it so I dunno. :derp:

It's far more DPS when it counts than Matt Roid, and that's not because Matt Roid is bad.

I disagree on piercing but what's stopping you from running Chameleon/Blabl/Pierce? Beyond Chameleon you're pretty much free on item picks on that row unlike the build-locked Sticky row.

_________________
Character Hitbox Thread (Rocket added)


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next