Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: please ronimo! swap max's two skills
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:20 pm 

I keep getting the buttons for the skills mixed up because of this.
I guess it's something I'll get used to.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:25 pm 

I mostly agree with robochase.. except strangely on the first point where i'm indifferent to where max's skills are

There's no point of classifying things as "primary" or "secondary" -- if it mattered that much, move the second skill to the first spot, now it's your primary skill. They're basically just Skill X and Y.

I use a controller as well (non dual-stick control, though max is the one naut i've had to change to dual stick for otherwise I can't play him effeciently)

Certain hand positions are generally easier to do certain things on a controller. Anything that requires charging up (holding down) while being able to move I'd like to be on the right controller button (right click) - why? Because it's easier to hold that button while jumping (bottom button). Trying to hold the top button while jumping is a pain, they're opposite buttons. This is why dynamite, timerift, wall, charge, etc... make sense to me. The other thing is that since I can press it easily AND quickly while jumping i'd generally like to have those skills be ones i either use at a moment's notice, where positioning matters greatly, or while heavily in combat.

consider that if i'm holding jump to float/fly, i have to lift my finger from behind/above the controller to be able to even press the top button without accidentally pressing the other 2 or having a chance of letting go accidentally

this is what i'd like the devs to keep in mind while assigning which skill goes to which slot

But I can just change buttons? Well yes...but not for specific nauts so I need things to generally be consistent across how I play different characters.

so back to the specifics of max... basically the skill set reminds me of penny, both are combat oriented and are used on the move. there's no winning on that front. but max is weird because i never have to touch the jump button so that frees up thumb positions. but then max heavily relies on kiting (AA and both skills generally need to be aimed a different direction than you're moving) so i have to change my control scheme to dual stick.. so the face buttons no longer apply (and again because they're both in-combat skills i'm indifferent to which skill goes on which button)

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:11 am 

If Ronimo wanted to be consistent with their control scheme, Skree's skills would have been reversed a long time ago. Skree's skills are directly comparable to Lonestar and Rae, but backwards. I literally can't play Skree for this reason, because I scroll my mouse wheel for my second skill.

The fact that this was never fixed means ronimo doesn't care. This won't get changed.

Skills should be assigned to buttons based on the way they're used physically, as this directly corresponds to how the buttons are pressed and arranged in real life. Control schemes don't change, but skills do, so skills should match the control scheme.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:36 pm 

Yes! ronma pls swap his abilities. I second :worship:

btw I have rmb for aim skill and Lshift for his other skill. :LeonWink:

I keep on confusing the skills, as his slow bubble is an aim ability, so I naturally press rmb.
but that is the machinegun flash ability. and vice versa as well. :ixsad: :GnawCry:

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:33 pm 

Without getting into the specifics of primary and secondary skills, I will say I find myself naturally pressing right-click for Slow-mo Shot and then finding myself performing Scene Illumination instead. From a how it feels standpoint, I think they should be swapped.

Winner of the Design-Your-Naut 2 contest (Ix the Interloper), and emote creator :yoolip:

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:59 am 

if ronimo ever cared about this they wouldn't have caused issues with previous nauts being inconsistent, just like how they can't pretend to care about audio clutter with ally taunts and then add blabbermouths like yoolip

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:07 am 

kathy wrote:
if ronimo ever cared about this they wouldn't have caused issues with previous nauts being inconsistent, just like how they can't pretend to care about audio clutter with ally taunts and then add blabbermouths like yoolip

There's a venting thread, you know :aylaroll:
If you need to say something, feel free to say it there.

With a big, robotic ass :chew:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:02 am 

Updated the original post to include Deadlift in the list of characters that follow the common control scheme.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:17 am 

I think it's a little too late for this to be relevant :think:

With a big, robotic ass :chew:

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:45 pm 

Updated the original post to include Dizzy in the list of characters that follow the common control scheme.