Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Patch notes 3.5 beta 1
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:25 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Update 3.5 beta 1
8-2-2017

NEW Naut: Samuel ‘Deadlift’ Gains
Samuel "Deadlift" Gains was a young calf during "The Great Bovinion Wrangling" and escaped aboard a dairy transport bound for the fitness planet Flexon, where he trained to get revenge on Lonestar. After failing to ambush the cowboy ,due to his cunning tricks, Samual woke up in a hospital with one of his arms and horns replaced by mechanical versions. With Lonestar and the inhabitants of Flexon convinced he had died, Samuel took on a new alias: Deadlift. Back on his quest to avenge the Bovinions, Deadlift joined the Awesomenauts after telling Blabl Zork that he could pull out solar drills with his bare hands. Secretly, he's still plotting to put the cowboy out of business for good.

NEW: Map editor and Steam Workshop
You can now make your own maps, share them through Steam Workshop and download other people’s mods! You can make standard Awesomenauts maps, or go crazy and make totally different gamemodes. As a start, we’ve uploaded two fun maps: Skull Station and Teamwall Madness! Battle it out in a deathmatch inside a giant Skull or enter the maddening halls of a single lane Awesomenauts map featuring team specific platforms for asymmetrical fun! For more info on how to create mods check the Awesomenauts Gamepedia Wiki.
The version of the map editor in the first beta still has some limitations. Check the bottom of these patch notes for a list of known map editor issues.

NEW: Custom Games browser
You can use the lobby browser to join public Custom Games and look for specific types of matches! When you set your Custom Game to Public, everyone can see it in the lobby browser and join it. There’s of course also the option to set your Custom Game to Private and play with only your friends.

Skills always unlocked
Both a quality of life and a usability improvement, this change will ensure that no one will ever run into the battlefield without skills. Since nearly everyone used to pick up both skills from the start, there was hardly any room for creativity and strategy on your first shopping spree. So now everyone will start with 150 Solar and both skills unlocked, which will give you a lot more options from the get-go. Of course, this change may require some price tuning for some upgrades, but that's what this beta is for.

Cleanup & improved performance
We’ve done a big cleanup of unused old assets. This should reduce loading times and memory usage and give a slight performance improvement on older computers. We might have accidentally removed a bit too much here and there. If you notice any missing effects, particles, texture or animations, please let us know so we can put them back!

General
-Fixed the Skree announcer's in-game icon.
-Fixed the +xp popup in Chinese not showing the proper translation.
-When global chat is minimized, it no longer shows the 3 most recent messages.
-Fixed that Wildlife announcer didn’t say anything for enemy killing sprees.
-Fixed that Slowwolf announcer always said “fun” during the launch countdown, instead of also sometimes saying “One”.

Starstorm Station
-The portals behind the turrets now go to their own dedicated portal on the top lane of each side. This adds multiple options for going to the top lane.

Ayla
-Added hitmarker when hitting someone with Evil Eye.

Chucho Krokk
-Blabl Zork, reduced from 45% to 35% attack speed.
-Time Slipper, reduced from 0.3 to 0.2s cooldown reduction on hit.
-Alien-Repellent Varnish, increased shield trigger range by about 33%.
-One Armed Chameleon, increased shot damage from 81 to 90.

Clunk
-Vacuum Bite, base damage increased from 290 to 300.
-Screamer Engine, price reduced from 225 per stage to 195 per stage.
-Screamer Engine, removed a stage (maximum snare duration reduced from 1.2 seconds to 0.6 seconds).
-Multi Hose, price reduced from 230 to 210.
-Quick’n Cleaner, price reduced from 145 per stage to 115 per stage.
-The Suckanator Power 9000 Cleaner, price reduced from 250 to 220.
-Medical Pump, maximum HP per bite reduced from 80 per bite to 70 per bite. Maximum potential reduced to 210 for one stage and 420 for two stages.
-Medical Pump, price reduced from 230 per stage to 200 per stage.
-Explode base damage reduced from 525 to 500.
-Explode base self-damage reduced from 315 to 300.
-Thermonuclear Cleaner, damage increased from 100 per stage to 140 per stage.
-Thermonuclear Cleaner, self damage increased from 40 per stage to 60 per stage.
-Thermonuclear Cleaner, price increased from 190 per stage to 220 per stage.
-Titanium Hard Hat, increased from 83 per stage to 150 per stage.
-Grease Lightning Snail, price reduced from 165 per stage to 140 per stage.

Coco
-Shock, base damage increased from 30 to 35.
-Flashing Lights, blind duration reduced from 3 to 1.5 seconds.
-Flashing Lights, price reduced from 150 to 120 solar.

Derpl
-Fixed that Longcat would not add the correct amount of range to the Fat Cat projectile.

Froggy G
-Boombox, damage increase reduced from 20% to 16% per stage.

Genji
-Added hitmarker when hitting someone with Cocoon.
-Butterfly Shot, base damage increased from 65 to 70.
-Cocoon, cooldown increased from 9 to 10 seconds.
-Moon Nectar, price reduced from 200 to 175 solar.

Gnaw
-Rabbit Teeth, speed up reduced from 37% to 30%.
-Rotten Teeth, increased price from 210 to 225 solar.

Ix
-Robot Wrecking Ball, now makes Refract reflect incoming projectiles.
-Robot Wrecking Ball, price increased from 185 to 200 solar.
-Radiate bolt, now pierces on base.
-Crystal Crunch, lifesteal decreased from 12 to 8 health per stage.

Jimmy and the LUX5000
-Missile Barrage, damage vs droids reduced to 75%.

Ksenia
-Scaled Mullet, now also triggers after killing an Awesomenaut.
-Fixed that when using Vanish against a wall while having bought Remembrance Machine would instantly break stealth.

Leon
-Surprise Party Mask, extra decloak damage increased from 51% to 58% per stage
-Chainsaw Addon, price reduced from 180 to 165 solar per stage.

Lonestar
-Hyper Bull, now knocks enemies back closer to the bull’s head, giving melee characters a chance to hit it.

Max Focus
-Vertical speed increased to make up for him not being able to fall like other nauts.
-Slow-Mo Shot, cast time reverted back from 0.5 to 0.3 seconds.
-Fixed an issue where Max would look into his movement direction instead of his aiming direction when charging Slo-Mo shot.

Nibbs
-Fixed an issue where a retreating Nibbs could become stuck coming from the jungle in Sorona

Raelynn
-Laserpointer, blind duration now is 0.3 seconds on touching the laser and 1.5 seconds on hit.
-Flashy Glasses, reduced price from 200 to 170 solar.

Scoop
-Bindings of Justice, range is now visualised.
-Penguin Throne, now increases damage of Sword Strike by 50% for 4 slashes after triggering Bindings of Justice.

Skølldir
-Crankin’ Dumbbells, cooldown reduction increased from 1 to 2 seconds per stage.
-Crankin’ Dumbbells, removed one stage and price increased from 150 to 200 solar.

Skree
-Mask of Fear, increased effect trigger range by 25%.
-Mask of Fear, now also affects allied Awesomenauts.

Ted McPain
-Adlez Princess Phonenumber, price reduced from 190 to 150 solar.

Voltar
-Suicide Drones, increase cooldown between launching drones from 0.5 to 1 second.
-Movement acceleration increased by 25%.
-Suicided drones no longer count as droid kills in the scoreboard.

Known Deadlift issues
These are things we’re still working on and that will be added/fixed in beta 2.
-Protective Pose shield has no impact visuals yet (to show that it has absorbed damage)
-The Power Lunge visual is not correctly synced over network.
-Sometimes the Protective Pose shield is invisible for the opposing team, but the health bar is still visible.
-The aiming arc for Power Lunge is not the correct width.
-A short Power Lunge into a wall or glass platform will cause Deadlift to lunge down vertically.

Known map editor issues
These are things we’re still working on and that will be added/fixed in beta 2.
-Can’t include Custom Game presets in mods yet.
-Can’t include custom AIs in mods yet.
-Replays don’t support mods yet.
-Can’t set tags for your mod yet.
-Can’t switch class yet while in the map editor.
-A bunch of objects don’t have default graphics yet, like Regeneration Areas, Hide Areas and Worms. For now you can work around the lack of graphics by placing graphics by hand.
-Editing a large level can have performance problems because of constant recreation of the tileSet while dragging obstacles. If your computer has trouble keeping up an easy workaround is to disable the tileset in LevelConfiguration while working on Obstacles.
-In rare cases an Obstacle doesn’t get automatic tileset art.
-A bunch of situations in the menu don’t give a popup or error message yet.
-Modded minimaps currently only have outlines, the art is missing.
-Some objects might change in further betas, so you might have to fix some details in your maps with every beta update. We’ll try to keep this to a minimum but in some cases it can’t be avoided.

Post subject: Re: Patch notes 3.5 beta 1
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:42 pm 

I think two skills unlocked make sense for the vast majority of Nauts. No idea if anyone else does this but with someone like Genji I would buy several auto attack upgrades first, maybe cocoon as well. Him and potentially a couple of other nauts may need adjusted slightly so that mandatory unlocked skills make more sense for them.

From the sounds of it, the 150 starting solar sounds like you are trying to do a second change at the same time. I think 0 + solar drop coins would be fine as well for this. 150 solar would actually make me start playing Swiggins again as I always feel like I need 1-2 upgrades to begin with.

Disclaimer: not tried any of this out yet

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:49 pm 

If I'm Lonestar and playing against flying nauts on Sorona, I won't buy bull until mid-end game and rush missiles + AA instead. Though this is more of a problem about bull than about starting with base skills :shrug:

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:36 pm 

Re-add ally taunts. :rocco:

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:58 pm 

playing penny lost a bit of its charm when i have pulse by default

I really wish betas weren't so dead all the time. Nobody's ever on for matchmaking or customs so no real testing ever seems to get done.
Deadlift should have some sort of transitional animation for landing on the ground. Going from his falling animation to his running animation is a very jarring change.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:24 pm 

Looks like my go-to clunk build got a lot cheaper. Thanks!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:36 pm 

I don't really like giving abilities on drop, doing this messes up a lot of playstyles that revolved around pushing advantages you got by not buying one of your abilities (mainly tedris and gunpenny). I guess you fixed this by giving more solar on drop, but that messes with balance a lot. If you can get abilities + double regen out of the gate it makes gnaw and poke chars quite a bit worse. Early/lategame strengths get messed up a bit too. Imo if it didnt mess with balance it'd be a decent change.

Custom games browser is neat.
Jumping into the map editor is a bit overwhelming, but that's to be expected I guess. Pretty sweet that it's here though!

As for balance :

I wish max was able to cancel his momentum off of jumppads.
That's a really big buff on hardhat.
dot aa on gnaw should be 1 stage
It'd be cool if deadlift did more damage with lunge the further he fell (like scoop hammer but only vertical). 1-inch punching someone shouldn't be more effective (bc u can cancel your aa into it) than mandropping on someone from a mile in the air.
1k shield is excessive, 1.4k shield that lasts forever is even more excessive. I think 750 would be a good starting point, and that's considering that he has no other real strengths (bad waveclear).
His aa hitbox feels a bit weird, in some cases the graphic for his arm swings right through someone and doesn't connect.
He can't lunge while snared by derpl. Idk if that's intended.
he can do a bunch of weird stuff with lunge and walls which is nice
Maybe add a bigger delay on being able to cancel your shield, there's already the animation delay but if you're mashing e in a teamfight waiting for it to come off of cd a tragedy will happen. Idk. Maybe I just have to get used to the animation.
His shield doesn't scale with levels which is odd.
The kb on lunge is a bit janky, it'll take a while to get used to.

Last edited by omnimpotent on Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:57 pm 

I still don't see draft pick or some sort of way to avoid getting hard countered by an enemy blind picking three counters to your character.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:00 pm 

play scrims with your premade

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:39 pm 

Still no oily bug fix for skoll. Maybe next time, I guess. :tear:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next