Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Patch notes 4.5 beta 2
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:48 pm 

Slevens wrote:
After playing with it I'm not sure that'd be balanced. Considering she can get out of a lot of stuff with this new change which helps her not be a 100% commitment character.

I think it should be tested. If its too good lower the time window of teleporting back from 3.5s to 2s. If it is still too powerful remove her ability to go behind turrets and return 2s to 3.5s

would be down to playtest

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:39 pm 

Chakram Shift feels overloaded, SSS the opposite.

Maybe remove the teleport back function from Chakram shift and add it to SSS. It would look like this:

Seven Star strike now teleports you back to initial cast location after duration has ended (3s).

This would allow you to do alternating ability rotations:
To stick to opponents: SSS / Chakram hit > SSS teleport > Chakram teleport
To return to original position: Chakram hit > SSS > Chakram teleport > SSS teleport
For more SSS duration: Chakram hit > Chakram teleport > SSS > SSS teleport

would be down to playtest

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:18 am 
Adminaut

Just listing things off;

Teleporting back *needs* some form of counterplay. It needs a windup animation that can be stun-cancellable and maybe even snare-blockable. Instant unstoppable backblink is just way too safe even for a melee 'Naut like her. I know you can't just shake the artist down for an animation but just make a beta animation where her sprite gyrates like a bowl of jelly or something and leave it at that for beta testing purposes.

Lily Of The Isle still keeps Coba Serpent's damage bonus while active.

Gunpowder Box is now very unuseful for Qitara herself, relegating the item to boosting ally damage. This might be for the best but the duration getting cut down so much is the big factor that made it not work with her own damage. If you guys want to keep it useful for her then a lengthy amp was how to do it.

Rakki Comb is still rubbish. If it applied to all non-Naut entities I might take it once or twice against HP Healbots and HP Anchors but still, bleh.

Plumbmin Oil (not Sauce, mb) has high total healing but the rate of healing is incredibly low. I'd ask for the percent to be superboosted but only apply to her flat damage so it's more about having some good immediate sustain rather than very slow sustain over several seconds. That might defeat the point of the character though so I'll also suggest a % boost with a price nerf.

Salty Seal is complete garbage now that it can't proc off ally healthpacks and doesn't grant a solid 90 HP/sec.

Lily Of The Isle could stand to last longer than 3.5s, makes for a very limited opportunity to even put the item to use.

And can we actually have Chilasi Chakram on base? She probably wouldn't even need a base 15% movement speed on the ability if her AA didn't slow her down. Only do this if you add some counterplay to back blink though.

Her generic boots still cost 160 solar.

That's it.

Character Hitbox Thread (Rocket added)

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:40 am 

FishmanDerp wrote:
Just listing things off;

[size=85]Teleporting back *needs* some form of counterplay. It needs a windup animation that can be stun-cancellable and maybe even snare-blockable. Instant unstoppable backblink is just way too safe even for a melee 'Naut like her.

Fun fact, I escaped a tongue pull today using that. On accident. Pretty strong in that regard. :p
As in, I teleported as soon as the tongue connected and got away scot-free

we're giving this thread too much attention for its quality

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:01 am 

If aa's not supposed to be piercing, the upgrade that gives her range shouldn't have a built in pierce, just seems weird, even if it's situational. I think that if she has to have 7SS on to pierce, she should have range on always when the frisbee is on cooldown, but the trade off is that it doesn't pierce, but 7SS allows it to. Feels more natural to me.

Also I've been meaning to suggest this for a while, mostly because I think Scoop's aa should have a visual indicator of if it's on slash or if it's on cleave in it's ability circle, but I'm getting off topic, in the spot that shows Qi'tara's basic attacks, when it becomes ranged, I think it should have a different art on it showing that it's currently a ranged attack, it just would be a nice touch, this next part is if they keep it a 3.5 duration, but maybe have a cooldown type thing over it that shows it's duration, that way it won't overlap with 7SS duration bar, but you can still tell how much time you have left on it.

One other thing, I found it very bizarre that matching mirror did not seem to synergize with Lily and that lily was just a straight up 3.5 seconds.

Then I realized it did, it just doesn't tell you unless you buy matching mirror and the duration was changed to 5. Then that really threw me off, because it made me just aware of how weird this upgrade actually is.
"Well why don't they just say that it stays in effect for the full duration of the mark?"
"Well because it doesn't actually, it stays up for how long the duration would have been and you can still use it after blinking."
"Then why don't they say that?"
"Because that's a lot to write involving two upgrades, you might as well leave it like that and just have the player consult a guide to figure it out."
"Then why the hell is she considered easy with hidden values like that?"
"I don't know, maybe I am just that bad."
I would recommend having matching mirror point out that it increases Lily's duration by 1.5, maybe just write it underneath lifetime's explanation.

The Lord Protector wrote:
The solution to this is having droids that are actually a threat instead of a joke.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:45 pm 

Still a lot of serious bugs that need addressing.

Max: kraken comes out even if scene is interrupted, kraken always fires the direction where you started firing scene, base slowmo shot duration is reduced by 0.2s lifetime due to visual assist, walm krunkbite doesn't do anything because of visual assist changes. range on AA is actually 18% and not 25%.

Ksenia can hold 5 scissors through fury blowout.

Voltar's piercing AA deals double damage to targets stacked ontop of each other (IT'S BEEN THREE YEARS, ADDRESS THIS ALREADY)

Derpl can instantly move while desieging.

Rocco's vengeance cooldown is lower than 16 seconds if the vengeance goes on long enough - it eats into the remaining cooldown timer.

Penny with death lens and gunpenny equipped can regain multiple charges at once on stacked targets.

Sentry's IAM item is 50% not 33%

Rocket is still full damage to structures and severely penalised against droids - can we swap these two around so rocket cheese isn't stupid as hell

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:30 pm 

Ted can't hold onto his airstrike anymore if aim visual is disabled.

Qitara SSS no longer hits behind you? WTF... the whole design idea of this attack was supposed to be that it turned your pathetic, non-piercing, DOT-reliant AA into an piercing AOE when fighting multiple opponents, and then you take the AOE part away? How stupid is that? It's not like it was OP or anything. Not to mention it makes the visual be even more incorrect than it already was (not hitting above you already).

A Leon or Ksenia in a similar 1v2/3 completely outclass her in both damage, lethality and survivability (mainly because they kill immediately, not after some tardy-ass DOT). Even some Gnaw builds do do a better job fighting multiple opponenets than Qitara can.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:36 pm 

InstapantsMan wrote:
Slevens wrote:
After playing with it I'm not sure that'd be balanced. Considering she can get out of a lot of stuff with this new change which helps her not be a 100% commitment character.

I think it should be tested. If its too good lower the time window of teleporting back from 3.5s to 2s. If it is still too powerful remove her ability to go behind turrets and return 2s to 3.5s

Thing is, she really can't do that much damage in those few seconds, even with SSS. She might finish a low HP naut, but it's nothing close to the damage that Leon or Ksenia can dish out.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:49 pm 

Sam! wrote:
Voltar's piercing AA deals double damage to targets stacked ontop of each other (IT'S BEEN THREE YEARS, ADDRESS THIS ALREADY)

xd

my brain at 1:23am is a horse riding aa human as large as a t-rex with machine guns.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:51 pm 

A release on December 6th seems excessively optimistic. Character releases are the only source of attention Awesomenauts gets, so you should better polish them.
If your new character is underpowered it will just get unnoticed, but if she's overpowered you'll have another Commander Rocket fiasco - which I'm not sure this game could survive.