Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post subject: Re: Patch notes 4.6 beta 1
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:47 am 

Yoolip's ranged substitute for his melee AA feels wrong.

I'm getting that it's still piercing if you are in melee range (it seems at least) but does it still have a melee component or not? He can't seem to hit the bottom turret of Ribbit anymore when standing on the platform (and this quite bad for him on that map).

Maybe better to leave Yoolips AA as it is, and make Sonic Wrench (a dead upgrade) add the ranged component on top of his normal AA (though enemies hit by his AA don't get hit by the flying cogwheel as well?).

They whole Yuri AA thing should have taught you guys at Ronimo that it's simply not OK to completely rework something as core as AA mechanics on a naut.

On a sidenote: FFS!!! FIX TEDS AIRSTRIKE SO HE CAN AIM IT AGAIN WITHOUT NEEDING THOSE RETARDED AIM OVERLAYS ENABLED

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:36 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Or, instead of changing Yoolip's AA, change the bits of him that aren't very good.

Like, say, everything else. The ranged AA was a suggestion, not a solution.

I'd also argue that AA mechanics are the least unique of a 'Naut, and all revolve around "hold down LMB to deal continual damage to everything next to you or create a series of bullets that deal damage to things slightly further away".

Only Yuri's laser and Voltar's wave are really unique, and even then, the latter's still projectile-based. I suppose Skree's AA is also unique.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:31 pm 

JoJodestructor19 wrote:
can confirm. We're all just a bunch of alts from the same guy :thumb:

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:20 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
"Carefully" analyse...

On-topic: would being able to cancel gaze into dinos and vice versa be enough, or would Yoolip still be inconsistent as anything? In my experience of him (as someone that paradoxically did very well as him in L1), I don't think it would be—it could be a start, though.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:40 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
"Carefully" analyse...

On-topic: would being able to cancel gaze into dinos and vice versa be enough, or would Yoolip still be inconsistent as anything? In my experience of him (as someone that paradoxically did very well as him in L1), I don't think it would be—it could be a start, though.

I think all he needs is a channel duration reduction on dinos, making him able to cancel abilities would be a little too unforgiving considering how strong the combo is.

would be down to playtest

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:26 pm 

I think the delay between dinos and gaze should be entirely removed, but changing dinos into a 3-second 400-damage DoT instead of continuous damage. This would make his damage far more reliable to land in higher leagues without being an instant kill in lower leagues.

Last edited by Azur_7 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:45 pm 

A 40 damage DoT? Over three seconds?

You want Yoolip to deal ~13.34 DPS?

The aim of the game is to make him viable. This might be slightly too avant garde a solution.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:01 pm 

The Lord Protector wrote:
A 40 damage DoT? Over three seconds?

You want Yoolip to deal ~13.34 DPS?

The aim of the game is to make him viable. This might be slightly too avant garde a solution.

Typo :voltarroll:
What I mean is, make dinos deal damage the same way Skolldir's earthquake does. If you get hit by a dino even just 1/10th of a second, you get a 400-damage DoT over 3 seconds. If you get hit by dinos continuously for 2 seconds, that's 670 damage (exact numbers would be discussed of course). That would make it easier to land some decent damage while still allowing high damage skill-shots.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:06 pm 

Oh, I see. 40 seemed a bit... well, low.

That would make Dinos function quite like earthquake, however, in that they're both abilities that effectively produce a wave of "things" that inflict a non-stacking DoT. In fact, apart from Dinos travelling slower and persisting longer, the two abilities would be very much the same.

Nekomian wrote:

DeezNauts wrote:

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:11 am 

Oh wow, I wasn't expecting Max Focus to get so many buffs. I'm also surprised to see Smiles getting buffed.
I can't wait to try them out in the beta.

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next