Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Patch notes 4.6 beta 1
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:06 am 

SandyDragginz wrote:
This is why I hardly ever see QiTara despite how stupidly good she is. She really isn't that fun to play...you deal loads of damage by simply maintaining contact with your opponent during the duration of your skill...walk away and hope they die. Chukrams is a pretty cool skill though.

I dunno how I feel about Qitara. With the nerfs in beta she kinda felt like Ksenia. Wait for somebody to leave the group, take away over half their health and jump away to victory.
If they take away enough damage that you can't get near an enemy team without the risk of getting banged up real good they'll both have the same problem. (Give ksenia 50 more health btw)
If qitaras numbers do get balanced, she'll still have a very hard time with poisoning more than one enemy in high leagues but still dominate in lower leagues.

Also I'm not sure if it's just me but her aa feels a bit weird.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:29 pm 

don't enable those passive piercing raelynn one-tricks pls

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:08 am 

Location: Lesson #1 DINOSAURS ARE JUST BIG DUMB CARNIVOROUS CHICKENS, YOU CAN'T LEARN THEM ANYTHING!
Uiomancant wrote:
Also I'm not sure if it's just me but her aa feels a bit weird.

Could be because it doesn't feel like her aa has any impact when hitting it, or maybe because her aa won't prioritize droids which's health is full of her DoT.

Tech support volunteer

Devmon52 wrote:
I am disappointed in those who voted Harambe as president.

Alpha Z wrote:
Dammit forums, y u gotta be keepin' me out of a sig?

:raehands:

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:20 pm 

I think this beta has fixed her "not being fun to play as" problem by shifting power away from SSS to her AA so that she can do things other than just shift in > SSS > shift out and heal.

would be down to playtest

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:57 pm 

plz don't actually make skree saw direct damage again. you have all the skree mains laughing right now that the OPness is actually returning...

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:13 am 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Having Sawblade deal its damage as a 0.1-second DoT just to avoid it stacking with Spare Blade is both a hideous solution to the problem and inelegant anyway.

If Spare Blade's too good because Skree's faceburst depends on it, change Spare Blade to be something a little more interesting. What if the miniature saw was spawned at the main blade's position when the latter's duration were up, extending the area control for a little bit? You could even have the miniature blade also return to Skree a moment later if the extra burst can't be done without.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:29 am 

Tbh I'd rather have a useless spare blade than broken hitboxes burst. Skree should be played as a character that forces you into saw blade with totem, not melt your face off in a split second by getting close. When I was new I didn't understand this mechanic and was really frustrated at dying immediately for no reason.

I don't see what's so hideous about the 0.1 second DoT. Just keep the DoT and make spare blade the same size and damage in the opposite direction.

If the leaderboards were truly always designed to be strictly for the matchmaker's consideration only and not for players to climb, I'll film myself drinking several litres of condensed milk and PayPal you all £1,000

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 am 

I agree with the opinion that Double Saw burst was just too polarizing on any Naut Skree could get their face into. There's a reason the nerf happened in the first place, and until an actual fix is in place I think the current DoT change should stay. I don't want to instantly die to Skree's till 4.7 :shrug:

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:21 am 
Adminaut

stev wrote:
plz don't actually make skree saw direct damage again. you have all the skree mains laughing right now that the OPness is actually returning...

Even with Dual Saw Skree only maintained an A tier rating in every competitive tier list I saw at the time. 'OP' is a stretch. He was certainly very potent though and made some matchups savage.

The Lord Protector wrote:
Having Sawblade deal its damage as a 0.1-second DoT just to avoid it stacking with Spare Blade is both a hideous solution to the problem and inelegant anyway.

Essentially, it's just unhealthy bandaid design that makes the game feel less polished.

There's so much you could do with the item even without changing its mechanics to bring it in line. It has numerical values you can toy with to make it a balanced item while allowing it to open a different, more aggressive Skree playstyle. Personally I'm a fan of making it split Saw into two equally-sized, reduced Saws (like 2*70% instead of 100% and 50%). This means going for the aggressive facebomb item will reduce your ranged harass, adding an opportunity cost to the high, economic nuke damage potential. A higher percent on the backsaw will also make the back Saw function better as area denial (like its original purpose intended) and open up faceburst item rows to not almost always take +size. This is not the only possible solution but it's one that keeps the item simple and doesn't mess with the base ability's mechanics just to remain balanced.

Regardless, if the item's the problem can we just tweak the item instead of making the entire ability less functional?

Morrowsaw wrote:
until an actual fix is in place I think the current DoT change should stay.

I mean we're right here in a beta patch thread, good time to test said fixes alongside removing the bad mechanic I'd say. Even if we were gonna stick with a bandaid change we could just hardnerf the item and fix the dumb ability change. This is strongly deferred but still a better direction than keeping the ability as is.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:01 am 

I would quite enjoy some of these changes suggested.

-Make the saws deal equal damage.
I really like how this is a double edged sword. Mostly cause I want to see people face the utter despair that if they didn't take this upgrade they'd have another kill. Or you'd just put them both really close together and make a saw tunnel to stack both saws near eachother and have an easy time of destroying people.
Maybe make it reduce the size a bit, but this could prove a bit weird.

-Manually retracting saw will leave the smaller saw, which lasts 2-3s and hurts peoples feelings or something. This smaller saw shouldn't be able to retract.
This is just one I thought of, having another saw behind the saw seemed funny. It'd have to do a bit less damage than the main one, and a bit smaller. This would allow you to still burst but keep that area denial up, best of both worlds.

Another idea that works similar to this:

-Retracting saw will pull it to you, moving it to a new position.
Same as above but it pretty much allows you to move the saw to an even worse spot- granted you're standing there.

-Saws now throw sticky bombs with TUYS active