Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Patch notes 4.6 beta 1
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:38 am 

Where are the changes for gnaw? Every time I play with a (semi good) gnaw, he solo carries the whole team to a win.

For example, maybe decrease his turret damage by a lot, so he can't push as good on his own. this causes that he needs a team to win the game, and not win it by himself.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:20 pm 

Reint wrote:
Where are the changes for gnaw? Every time I play with a (semi good) gnaw, he solo carries the whole team to a win.

For example, maybe decrease his turret damage by a lot, so he can't push as good on his own. this causes that he needs a team to win the game, and not win it by himself.

Gnaw is fine.

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:04 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
I'd be all for Gnaw revolving around DoT effects that are actually meaningful instead of his immediate weedling faceburst followed by spitburst followed by Rabbit Teeth.

Give him some actual zoning with Weedlings and spit and let him have his little infestation.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:21 am 

The Lord Protector wrote:
I'd be all for Gnaw revolving around DoT effects that are actually meaningful instead of his immediate weedling faceburst followed by spitburst followed by Rabbit Teeth.

Give him some actual zoning with Weedlings and spit and let him have his little infestation.

But... isn't that what Gnaw used to have back when Ronimo was tweaking him literally every patch? They settled down for this direct damage on weedling placement eventually. Don't get me wrong, I hated it then and I'm still not a fan now, but... not sure if they'd go back to what Gnaw used to be.

we're giving this thread too much attention for its quality

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:26 am 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
You're correct, and I think that Gnaw's been becoming less and less "unique" as he gains more and more burst damage to offset his weaknesses instead of balancing around his two themes:

• Map control through Weedlings

• Damage over time effects

Both of which I'd argue have been shafted in favour of more teamfight power despite there already being a multitude of 'Nauts that fill that niche. I see now reason why he can't be what he used to be, but viable in the current meta.

Gnaw's my shiny little "stop stripping flavour in favour of burst" token that I pull out every time any 'Naut gets literally any extra damage to their kit.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:25 am 

Meh I prefer Gnaw's current form as a more aggressive brawler rather then an area control character like Derpl and Yuri. He was insanely polarizing back when his weeds were powerful, and his DoT has always been mediocre due to how DoT can be cleared in nauts, and that's now dangerous to fix now due to Qi'tarra's exiestence. Weeds and lifesteal working on DoT are what really make him so consistent nowadays.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:11 am 

The Lord Protector wrote:
-snip-

Maybe they should try again now that weedlings are no longer on an infinite timer (that was the biggest problem back in the day if I recall correctly. that one weedling was borderline useless, but a nest was almost impossible to clear)

we're giving this thread too much attention for its quality

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:04 am 

Gnaw is not fine, considering the fact that almost every game I play is with or against a gnaw.

Just reduce his turret damage, or make it that turrets and weedlings ignore each other, so you can make weedlings more about zoning, if people want that. Or find some way that gnaw can't solo win a game.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:10 am 

Reint wrote:
Gnaw is not fine, considering the fact that almost every game I play is with or against a gnaw.

Just reduce his turret damage, or make it that turrets and weedlings ignore each other, so you can make weedlings more about zoning, if people want that. Or find some way that gnaw can't solo win a game.

Don't lose in the first 10 minutes then, after that Gnaw falls off a ton and if you can't survive him walking into you just get medican. It's not a hard concept to just clear and heal with medican and punish him for being an idiot, and before you try to don't bring up 'muh teammates' because it's not hard to solo punish him for walking into a turret or diving too deep.

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:49 pm 

Slevens wrote:
Don't lose in the first 10 minutes then, after that Gnaw falls off a ton and if you can't survive him walking into you just get medican. There's also no TUYS meme in this post. It's not a hard concept to just clear and heal with medican and punish him for being an idiot, and before you try to don't bring up 'muh teammates' because it's not hard to solo punish him for walking into a turret or diving too deep.

The worst kind of loss is when they outplay you though :o

Slow spit is super annoying though, I'd prefer if it was one stage of 25%. Amplify is fine, if he's in your face and hasn't used spit you deserve to get murdered brutally.

I'd like to see something done about the triple spit though. Even though reverting it would actually be awful.
Maybe like duration? even though that'd be awful for turret stall. Maybe we can promote him controlling areas and give him like: "Whenever you kill a droid or critter Spit cooldown is reduced by 0.6s".