Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: PSA:Changes to the tentative balance list for beta 2
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:00 pm 

Because it will inevitably be buried in the old balance discussion thread I want to make sure that people know that the tentative balance list now has been adjusted to what is planned for 4.6 beta 2 so be sure to give feedback on the new stuff.

Tentative Balance List -
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ntn7YLoROFB11CTb2tBgI9efuWgvaE2p7ZSmC9vKaZQ/edit?usp=sharing

Post subject: Re: PSA:Changes to the tentative balance list for beta 2
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:27 am 

Please do not touch Derpl's siege movement. The lowered falling speed will make him clunky to play as and not allow players to drop nuke efficiently while no cc immunity during siege entirely is stupid as *, no cc immunity during the animation out of siege is fine but not during the entirety of it as it removes all his cc baiting ability.

Like if you're gonna butcher his movement this bad you might as well add back siege air mobility so Derpl players can try to do stuff except being a meatwall.

eddster27 wrote:
Slevens wrote:
Toilet paper isn't even mandatory though.
ikr u can just use yesterday's paper

Oil_Rope_Bombs wrote:
Lol, all you loser nerds can complain about is "muh leaderboards"

Baixst wrote:
More then one waifu will destroy your laifu.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:31 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Even with the slight falling speed reduction he'll still fall faster than Clunk does. Something has to be done specifically about his verticality as he is otherwise balanced.

Just removing his ability to drop in siege mode seems way too heavy-handed and a cooldown on dropping doesn't fix him in situations with big drops and also feels clunky.

As for the CC-immunity, it's only getting removed on the transformation out of siege, by popular request.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:04 pm 

Instead of changing the top fall speed change the "fall acceleration" or gravity I guess? Not sure what term to use.

my brain at 1:23am is a horse riding aa human as large as a t-rex with machine guns.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:47 pm 

Really wish you'd leave rocket's 1/2 combo of salvo+rocket alone, like it really wasn't the issue with him. The damage was fine, it's the exact same thing as getting faceballed by coco. The whole problem with rocket is 1) free disengage and 2) laser trap being broken lategame with instant+slow+particles. The free disengage is the big offender and is what should be looked at the heaviest, the damage on the combo is fine.

Since we're talking about fallspeed is it possible to reduce yuri's fallspeed please, or just have him only able to ignore glass platforms while in jetpack mode so he has to play the game like everyone else. Being able to escape everything just by falling down is cheesy and not okay imo.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:58 am 

Sam! wrote:
Really wish you'd leave rocket's 1/2 combo of salvo+rocket alone, like it really wasn't the issue with him. The damage was fine, it's the exact same thing as getting faceballed by coco. The whole problem with rocket is 1) free disengage and 2) laser trap being broken lategame with instant+slow+particles. The free disengage is the big offender and is what should be looked at the heaviest, the damage on the combo is fine.

Since we're talking about fallspeed is it possible to reduce yuri's fallspeed please, or just have him only able to ignore glass platforms while in jetpack mode so he has to play the game like everyone else. Being able to escape everything just by falling down is cheesy and not okay imo.

It takes him a while to start falling from flying, and he doesn't really have much mobility out of that.
Skols fallspeed is intense though, somebody should make a map out of that
Plus it would make facemining a bit less consistent, especially those tricks where you fall through a nearby platform to escape bombing people, which is usually rather illegal.