Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Patch notes 4.6 beta 2
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:56 am 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
stev wrote:
indeed, the original size reduction wasnt even all that much. pretty idiotic to listen to the people who complained about it.

It doesn't seem like much until you realise Black Hole Sun's effective area went from ~78.540 to 50.265 Ronimetres², a 36% reduction.

Just make BHS' size scale with damage absorbed and then allow Sentry to actually absorb damage instead of occasionally soaking a poorly timed Snipe. Pull his power away from Teleburst and reinvest it in being durable for his team (on top of having one of the best, if not the best, CC effects in the game).

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:19 am 

The Lord Protector wrote:
stev wrote:
indeed, the original size reduction wasnt even all that much. pretty idiotic to listen to the people who complained about it.

It doesn't seem like much until you realise Black Hole Sun's effective area went from ~78.540 to 50.265 Ronimetres², a 36% reduction.

Just make BHS' size scale with damage absorbed and then allow Sentry to actually absorb damage instead of occasionally soaking a poorly timed Snipe. Pull his power away from Teleburst and reinvest it in being durable for his team (on top of having one of the best, if not the best, CC effects in the game).

The problem with making everything scale is that it'll be incredibly annoying to judge. The bar isn't that accurate as is, I'd like it if it showed +100 damage increments or such. Scoops hammer gets away with this cause it's a snare, it's supposed to close the gap if you're inrange. Plus the damage is usually negligable.

Scaling size would just be a huge * you to anyone who wants to try predict it. Or it would be such a small effect it wouldn't even need to be there. I would be okay with a "If black hole sun has over X damage charge its size increases by 15%" or some garbage like that. As long as it has a better visual effect to say, hey! wanna get * mate? Then I could respond and say something like: No, but I hear the taunts already so go ahead.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:56 am 

Commander Rocket's Charged Salvo range decrease effectively removed a lot of his safety, i really like the change.

But Rocket's HIAJ would feel more responisve if it was 16% attack speed instead of damage increase. Also i don't know if you even want to give him more brawling potential. Its kind of his dedicated weak-point.

Profanity filters should be something like two stages of +1s for 125.

would be down to playtest

Post Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:01 pm 

Location: In my palace, mixing my martinis with paint thinner and a healthy squirt of epoxy adhesive.
Uiomancant wrote:
The problem with making everything scale is that it'll be incredibly annoying to judge. The bar isn't that accurate as is, I'd like it if it showed +100 damage increments or such. Scoops hammer gets away with this cause it's a snare, it's supposed to close the gap if you're inrange. Plus the damage is usually negligable.

Add little indicators to the bar beneath Sentry.

Add a faint radius indicator around the projectile while in-flight, visible to either just Sentry, him and his team, or everyone (depending on what sort of information you want available).

Perhaps add a quick number popup when BHS is charged (e.g. "348 absorbed") to indicate the strength of that shot.

Nekomian wrote:
Give this guy a duck lololol

DeezNauts wrote:
Nobody can see it. Maybe instead of asking for ducks, you should put it in your signature.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:42 am 

The Lord Protector wrote:
Uiomancant wrote:

Add little indicators to the bar beneath Sentry.

Add a faint radius indicator around the projectile while in-flight, visible to either just Sentry, him and his team, or everyone (depending on what sort of information you want available).

Perhaps add a quick number popup when BHS is charged (e.g. "348 absorbed") to indicate the strength of that shot.

I'd be okay with a number above him that shows his charge when shield is done. Or just add little markers on the bar that has a fixed value of + damage.
It would still * up new players who don't know what it does though. But those went extinct.

GRRRR BUFF SENTRY PLEASE RONIMO

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:44 am 

So, to comment on the Yoolip changes:

AA reverted. Great, no more awful AA that didn't properly work unless you were at melee range.
Dinos now can jump to those that are smart enough to jump to a platform before getting gazed. Amazing, now I can use them a bit more reliably... if they only did damage. I guess I'll focus more on pushing since Yoolip still has really good push... and now even with extra dino I can't clear a droid wave.
I am okay with the latter, since now you can't just throw dinos down a lane and gain push easily even though another characters do this fine and there's no problem with them apparently.
Now the only way Yoolip had to get kills at all other than throwing dinos down a lane to make the teamfight a "the floor is lava" game and picking someone who was low enough on HP to step in there was to, somehow, dino > gaze someone clueless enough. His total dino damage was reduced by 12% while barely making any change to how his dinos work mechanically. What we got for this is a weaken upgrade that (at least I) dont see picking up anytime soon.

Rework dinos entirely. Make Holo Pet Food an actual damage upgrade. If anything revert the damage back. As they are right now they serve little purpose other than a Poop dispenser and some unreliable damage poking

I'm more likely to check on Steam Discussions than here, so if
there's something urgent be sure to report it there.

Yeah, I'm gay

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:06 am 

I'm actually satisfied with rockets changes now. He wasn't OP but I agree he was difficult to punish. and I'm glad that instead of completely nerfing him, you simply raised his skill ceiling with varying rocket launch damage.

now I'm gonna go study yoolip xD

My Awesomenauts Blog!

TWO-FOUR-SIX-EIGHT: PUT SOME COOKIES ON MY PLATE

My Mission is to show that you can be a top tier player and still not spread hate and stupidity, but be kind and welcoming to others.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:17 am 

SandyDragginz wrote:
now I'm gonna go study yoolip xD

Remember to compare and contrast for extra credit!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:46 pm 

So, for when is 4.6 patch expected? I can't wait to play Smiles after his buff.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:14 pm 

Much better than the last Street Fighter 5 balance patch.

Seriously, nerfing F.A.N.G and buffing Cammy... WTF were they thinking...