Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next

Post subject: Re: [PS4] Balance Feedback/Suggestions
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:31 pm 

Rage Aylas are the easiest to deal with. As long as you don't feed her you are fine. And for the love of God, don't just run. It is easy for her to just follow-kill. Juke that beotch. Left, right, up, down, while attacking as well. Her momentum and her acceleration are her downfalls as she can't just stop on a dime.

I think Ayla is one of the more interesting characters because of the dynamic she brings. Evil eye is very good, but many players just chase into turrets while in rage, while a simple toggle off of rage, and evil eye to the back will finish the job nicely.

I take pride in how well I can play Ayla in competitive matches against top tier players, and I assure you it isn't easy mode. Alot of strategy and game sense is needed as well as good timing. Risk/reward is good and I find she is one of the better balanced characters.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:42 am 

ErectabuzzZ wrote:
All I know is that if rage even touches me once I'm gurenteed to take at least 50 Dmg or something stupid like that and I think I can safely say I have not seen 1 Ayla that wasn't laggy as hell
And most of the time Ayla is faster then me so how do you counter that without a Controlling effect?

From the sounds of things it seems like youre trying to 1v1 an ayla, which isnt what u should be doing. Ayla is a character that you have ti outsmart, moreso than the others. If you can stick with ur teammates, itll be too risky for her.

"At least 50 Dmg or something stupid"
Thats not bad. You fought a 400 ping coco? Or a 300 ping vinnie? Unlike ayla, who is a little slower in her execution, coco and vinnie are faster and u have less time to react and account for that, which means theyre more deadly with lagg than ayla. If you get caught out of position by an ayla, u were dead regardless of lagg.

YouTube:TheUltimateShade667 for fighting game highlights and speedrunning archives.
Twitch.tv/Shade667 for live speedruns (currently not very active)

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:43 am 

Shade667 wrote:
ErectabuzzZ wrote:
All I know is that if rage even touches me once I'm gurenteed to take at least 50 Dmg or something stupid like that and I think I can safely say I have not seen 1 Ayla that wasn't laggy as hell
And most of the time Ayla is faster then me so how do you counter that without a Controlling effect?

From the sounds of things it seems like youre trying to 1v1 an ayla, which isnt what u should be doing. Ayla is a character that you have ti outsmart, moreso than the others. If you can stick with ur teammates, itll be too risky for her.

"At least 50 Dmg or something stupid"
Thats not bad. You fought a 400 ping coco? Or a 300 ping vinnie? Unlike ayla, who is a little slower in her execution, coco and vinnie are faster and u have less time to react and account for that, which means theyre more deadly with lagg than ayla. If you get caught out of position by an ayla, u were dead regardless of lagg.

The thing is I can damage a Coco or Vinnie but Ayla's health barely moves even with multiple people hitting Her sometimes it just annoys me :fist:

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:55 am 

You were talking about avoiding ayla, so thats why i made the comparison to coco and vinnie, who are harder to avoid. I wasnt talking about attacking. Yes, coco and vinnie are easier to engage.

Ayla will almost ALWAYS win a 1v1 fight. Id say skolldir and skree are the only other ones capable of this. Very few characters can match aylas strength in 1v1. You have to bait her, either into droids, a turret or another teammate. For any naut, u shouldnt think about fighting 1v1. Its a team game. But Ayla especially.

So ur concerned about rage's lifesteal? Well then, thats simple. Stay away from her. If your a melee naut, lead her to ur allies. If you're ranged, deal as much damage as possible while her rage is active, so shes taking extra damage from herself. But you also have to prepare for when she cancels rage. U need to watch out for evil eye, but also position yourself or your teammates to be able to finish her off. An ayla is most dangerous below 25% life. One well placed evil eye can lead to up to 126 damage. Besides sentry, this is the strongest skill in the game, and Ive won many matches as ayla because people underestimate its strength.

However, then u must also plan for when an ayla is not alone. there are so many possible outcomes to consider. What if shes with an ally? What if shes with her whole team? Is she attacking or defending? What upgrades does she have? Whats the map? Whats the matchup? There are too many to go through, id be here til 4 in the morning.

Hope this helps.

I like strategising :rae:

YouTube:TheUltimateShade667 for fighting game highlights and speedrunning archives.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:29 pm 

Snare, knock back, stun and slow destroy Ayla. Do not engage with her head on unless you are confident that you can win or can escape using a debuff :thumb: :glasses: :shrug: . I actually started using baby kuri mammoth because of how effective every debuff is against her.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:30 pm 

I have been able to 1v1 Ayla a few times as ted.
First fire an airstrike to deal some high damage against her then go to town with the shotgun.
The whole combo can do a base of 125, and a max of 219 with the star storm statue :thumb:

Post Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:15 pm 

Derpl (lets face it, he's the least played character for a reason) Give him these buffs:
-Place traps while in siege mode, at the end of your turret shot's range.
-Be allowed to rocket upwards with half the usual jet-pack stamina, while in siege mode.
-Have minor directional control with nuke, so it doesn't veer off randomly like it does sometimes.
-Allow turret shot to pierce with an upgrade or make cats piercing damage without having to upgrade. The droid control is a little bland for being stationary most of the time with certain builds and cats are basically the weakest for droid control early game.

Skollidir:
-Be allowed to aim the 3rd shot of bash, instead of having aiming locked during the second punch.

Raelynn/Genji:
-Allow summoned doids to return the solar from their kills, directly to your pocket, rather than having to pick it up.

Vinny:
-Add regen to his load-out. Poison absolutely wrecks him.

Misc:
-I'd also like all visual radius indicators for damage, adjusted to their actual sizes, for every character.

-Automatic game create after a minute of searching + faster game finding

-Anyone who dies 5 times in a row with no kills, should have their taunt replaced with a "im sorry", which can only be heard by teammates.

-Have the game notify you in the end game leader board, the # of how far you fell or climbed in rankings.

-Have a vote on rematch. If everyone accepts, then the game continues on. If even one person doesn't accept, then the game can exit to main menu. [EG: x to rematch or o to leave.]

Post Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:26 pm 

UMayWantToGiveUp wrote:
Derpl (lets face it, he's the least played character for a reason) Give him these buffs:
-Place traps while in siege mode, at the end of your turret shot's range.
-Be allowed to rocket upwards with half the usual jet-pack stamina, while in siege mode.
-Have minor directional control with nuke, so it doesn't veer off randomly like it does sometimes.
-Allow turret shot to pierce with an upgrade or make cats piercing damage without having to upgrade. The droid control is a little bland for being stationary most of the time with certain builds and cats are basically the weakest for droid control early game.

Skollidir:
-Be allowed to aim the 3rd shot of bash, instead of having aiming locked during the second punch.

Raelynn/Genji:
-Allow summoned doids to return the solar from their kills, directly to your pocket, rather than having to pick it up.

Vinny:
-Add regen to his load-out. Poison absolutely wrecks him.

Misc:
-I'd also like all visual radius indicators for damage, adjusted to their actual sizes, for every character.

-Automatic game create after a minute of searching + faster game finding

-Anyone who dies 5 times in a row with no kills, should have their taunt replaced with a "im sorry", which can only be heard by teammates.

-Have the game notify you in the end game leader board, the # of how far you fell or climbed in rankings.

-Have a vote on rematch. If everyone accepts, then the game continues on. If even one person doesn't accept, then the game can exit to main menu. [EG: x to rematch or o to leave.]

The punch lock is the main reason why I don't play skollidir. Also your suggestion about the replaced taunt button is probably the best thing that I have ever heard.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:18 am 

Umay, Ur better off posting that in the PC section.

We get what PC gets, late.

So the next patch will be whatever PC 2.9 is now.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:42 pm 

Make it so it doesn't count as a loss when you close app from the game countdown screen.

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next