Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.

Post subject: FAQ / troubleshooting
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:19 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Questions answered below:

-How can I report bugs?
-I bought DLC but the game says I don't have it
-What can I do about network errors and high ping?
-How are rankings in the Leaderboards calculated?
-I dropped a lot in the Leaderboards when I lost only one match, why?
-Why did I drop in the Leaderboards without even playing?

How can I report bugs?

You can either create a new topic about it in the PS4 subforum or post it in the Technical/Network Support forum.

I bought DLC but the game says I don't have it

This is problem in the PS4, not in Awesomenauts itself. Use the "Restore Licenses" functionality on PS4 to fix this.

What can I do about network errors and high ping?

Network errors happen when either you or your opponent have network trouble. If you get lots of network errors, then it is probably your own internet that is problematic.

A. This often happens because someone else in the same house is also using your internet connection. Make sure no one is doing heavy downloading on the same connection while you are playing. Turn off programs on other devices that use bandwidth, like Skype, Spotify and Youtube. For example, Skype even uses a lot of bandwidth when you are not actually chatting with anyone. You should only use online services like Skype, Spotify and Youtube while gaming if you have a strong internet connection. Turn them off if you are getting regular network errors and see whether that helps.

B. Reboot your router. Many routers perform worse when they haven't been rebooted for a while. UPnP and port forwarding might start failing over time.

C. In many cases, this is a router problem and can be solved by enabling UPnP, check your routers manufacturers website for info on how to enable this.

D. If you are on a wired network try another network cable.

E. If you are on a wireless network try switching to wired. Wireless networks can be very unstable.

F. If you reallyreallyreally cannot switch from wireless to wired, check whether any objects might be interfering. For example, we have received reports from players who had bad network connections in Awesomenauts when they also used their wireless headphones at the same moment. Try turning off other wireless devices and see whether that decreases your connection problems.

G. If this does not help, explain your problem over here.

How are rankings in the Leaderboards calculated?

Our ranking algorithm is more complex than simply looking at the win percentage. We use a more advanced variation on an algorithm called ELO. What we do is very similar to most other games. If you lose a match, you lose points in your ranking. How many points you lose, depends on the rankings of you, your team-mates and your opponents. If you lose against someone who has a much lower ranking than you, then you lose a lot of points. If you lose against someone who has a much higher ranking, then you don't loose as many points.

We punish leavers. We track how many matches every player actually finishes. If you leave a match before it ends, you lose ranking. This also happens if you have a network error, since we cannot see the difference between a real network error, and someone unplugging their network cable to avoid a loss. So leaving just before you lose is not a good idea for your ranking!

Kills don't matter. It is all about winning or losing a match. This way support heroes and players who focus on destroying turrets instead of killing players don't have a disadvantage.

I dropped a lot in the Leaderboards when I lost only one match, why?

If you have a very high ranking and you lose against an opponent who has a really low ranking, then you might lose a lot of points in a single match. Basically, pros should make sure they don't lose against n00bs.

Why did I drop in the Leaderboards without even playing?

Other people also play the game and they might have passed you in the Leaderboards.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.