Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: What could we do to get more players on ps4
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:19 am 

Delete

Last edited by Mattv003 on Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:54 pm 

More and more games are coming out and it slowly killing the game.

I just got bored of this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:36 pm 

ChieFofWaR117 wrote:
Imagine if this game was a free game for the month (playstation plus). That would be cool and there would be waaaaaay more players after that. My only complaint with the game is the lack of timely updates. I wish Ronimo just worked on the ports instead of outsourcing it because Abstraction always takes foreverrr

Because having 2 vegetables in your team is so fun?
No, thanks. PS4 is already littered with ridiculously bad players in Awesomenauts who don't even seem to understand what's going on. I haven't seen such incompetent ones even during L9 games on reset.
I've had enough of these "steam sale" waves of very bad players on PC already.
Shade667 wrote:
HaohmaruHL wrote:
That's good to hear. Still this toesn't help that console version is lacking behind in updates. Hell, even lonestar on ps4 still has stick amount upgrade instead of new damage upgrade. I already check the new XP system in the beta too and it will soon come out as an update. On ps4? Maybe in a half a year give or take. PC version is still the main focus. Only reasonable facts why so many few people on ps4 and why you won't get more. That awkward moment when a potato is smarter than average sale player...
And i honestly dont get why restrict yourself from the superior version, especially when its like couple bucks during steam sale or something. Want to play with more people and better connection - there you go.

Maybe because we cant? Not everyone has access to a computer. It still costs more to build a PC capable of running the game at the same level as consoles 100% of the time than it is to just buy a PS4. At least here it does.

Would make sense if PS4 could even run the game 100%. Most of the time its like 30fps and it freezes for 1-2 each time someone tries to connect, resulting in you missing your ability or just die. I'm not even starting about ~300-999 pings in every match. I've lamost never seen below 250 really. So far PS4 version is just a mess. The only reason to play it is if you hate Rage Damage Aylas on PC then here on PS4 99% of Aylas are AA builds. Pretty hilarious see them fail.

And it's not like Awesomenauts is Crysis or something, a simple 2d game like this doesn't need a good computer. I've played it on my fossil laptop of like 7 years just fine.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:20 am 

You tried playing splitscreen with 3 controllers on a PC? It bites. Everyone is tied to a laptop and can only be a few feet from it. PS4 is much easier to use and can be played from across the room. Besides, even decent PC controllers pale in comparison to a console controller. The directions you can look in are always better on console.

I finally moved and am not stuck with awful satellite internet at terrible speeds. My kids and I can join the fray on ps4 and increase the player pool .001%. How's that foe help? Lol

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:29 am 

Jasper wrote:
As Bront said, updates are free nowadays. However, Abstraction is a small team that's continuously working on all kinds of ports. Right now they're working on getting the Xbox One version through certification, which is in itself taking longer than anticipated. After that version is out, work will start on the next console update.

Three questions for you jasper:

Any word on abstraction's progress on the Xbox one version? Because from what I quoted the ps4 patch would not come until that milestone is complete? Bummer.

Another question: how is the work divided between ronimo and abstraction? I know they take care of the certifications (which I don't fully understand what they are but know the importance) but what else do they do when it comes to bringing the patch to console?

Finally: this is more of your guess and I understand if you don't know the answer: do you think that the addition of another console would slow down the already detrimentally poor update frequency that ps4 is already experiencing? I ask this Because I believe that the reason the player base is so low is because the game simply doesn't change. Someone can come back to this game half a year later and not miss a thing. March 18 to Sept. 9 we had the same patch. Quite a bit don't you agree? Not to mention March 18 to April 8 was unplayable because of a matchmaking bug...

I wrote a while lot more but it was mostly me rambling about my opinion so I erased it.

Sent from Deez nutz using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:27 pm 

Non-Scorer wrote:
You tried playing splitscreen with 3 controllers on a PC? It bites. Everyone is tied to a laptop and can only be a few feet from it. PS4 is much easier to use and can be played from across the room. Besides, even decent PC controllers pale in comparison to a console controller. The directions you can look in are always better on console.

I finally moved and am not stuck with awful satellite internet at terrible speeds. My kids and I can join the fray on ps4 and increase the player pool .001%. How's that foe help? Lol

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

I have two dualshock3 and one dualsochk4 hooked up via bluetooth on my pc, we played Dungeon's & Dragons beatemup not so long ago and had great fun. Awesomenauts plays great too. I don't see the problem.
Now if you were strange enough to play with an xbox controller, especially wired - pity for you then.
Forgot to mention i'm playing PC games on my TV (hooked via hdmi)which acts as second monitor (Steam automatically runs on my TV hen in big picture mode).
Aside from better performance you will never guess what i'm playing on currently, pc or ps4 or ps3 if i didn't tell you bluntly.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:36 am 

Hands down ps4 plays 100% better than pc. Yea i know why pc is better but console is just wayyyyyyyy clenaer

Post Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:37 am 

Thegod_rf wrote:
Hands down ps4 plays 100% better than pc. Yea i know why pc is better but console is just wayyyyyyyy clenaer

Specify this, what do you mean by "waaay cleaner"?
Because unlike ps4 version stuttering from having just more than 1 char on the screen (especially bad on AI Station with bunch of flying droids) pc one runs at constant 60fps and i dont see those connection freezes in pc version at all. Which is funny because i don't remember the ps3 version slowing down. yeah, i'm playing since day one for ps360.

The only downside of a pc version i can name is that there are so much good players with mouse and keyboard wrecking you by precise aiming and you playing it on ctonroller somewhat hinder yourself (unless you play as gnaw, that is).
I wouldn't have played pc version for 1000+ hours if i couldnt play it with controller, lol. Couch love <3.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:17 am 

If you lag with droids on ur screen u have trash internet. And pc isnt that good compared to ps4. Pc is worse because whenever i play there is a little delay from pressing buttos to the rime it does it on the screen

Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:33 am 

Thegod_rf wrote:
If you lag with droids on ur screen u have trash internet. And pc isnt that good compared to ps4. Pc is worse because whenever i play there is a little delay from pressing buttos to the rime it does it on the screen

I'll never say the pc version is worse but the controller isn't as responsive on it.

Sent from Deez nutz using Tapatalk