Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Honest question.
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:56 pm 

Joost wrote:
DAJEWSUALSUSPECT wrote:
I'm betting on a September release for our next patch

Development of the patch is beginning this week so it should come way before that.

:party: THE PATCH IS COMING :party:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:28 pm 

I'm curious like Aaron, how long usually (prior patches) does it actually take once the patch is in development?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:48 pm 

Uknowho wrote:
I'm curious like Aaron, how long usually (prior patches) does it actually take once the patch is in development?

Well if I remember correctly a lot of the patchwork took about 3 weeks of work +the certification time. I remember the certifications kept getting rejected so it took forever. I can do some history digging. In fact I'll be back to update this post

UPDATE: so this is from the previous patch which officially released on Sept. 9
I simply took screenshot because I don't feel like copy pastingImage
This was posted to announce the next update. The word delayed was later added on to the OP after this announcement Image
That was July 24. The patch came out 6 weeks later but remember this? Image
Read the first line of second paragraph.

These are just a time lapse of posts. No input here but I think this UKNOWHO is the best answer I can provide you.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:33 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Uknowho wrote:

Varies a lot depending on what needs to go in, how long certification takes and how long it takes to set up a simultaneous launch date for DLC with the various Sony regions. I think the fastest in theory from start to launch is a bit more than a month, but in practice it's usually several months. To give an example of how unpredictable this whole process is: we've had cases where a patch was ready and had passed certification and we still had to wait several weeks before the shops were ready...

Also, in this particular case we have to wait for the XboxOne launch because this patch also needs to contain fixes for issues that turn up at launch. We will do as much as possible before the XboxOne launch, but we cannot do everything before that.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:47 am 

Joost wrote:
Uknowho wrote:

Varies a lot depending on what needs to go in, how long certification takes and how long it takes to set up a simultaneous launch date for DLC with the various Sony regions. I think the fastest in theory from start to launch is a bit more than a month, but in practice it's usually several months. To give an example of how unpredictable this whole process is: we've had cases where a patch was ready and had passed certification and we still had to wait several weeks before the shops were ready...

Also, in this particular case we have to wait for the XboxOne launch because this patch also needs to contain fixes for issues that turn up at launch. We will do as much as possible before the XboxOne launch, but we cannot do everything before that.

In all honesty then if all things go fairly smooth we should expect the update in April? By the way how is the Xbox version coming along? Any reports from abstraction?

Sent from Deez nutz using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:37 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

We cannot commit to any specific month because of all the uncertainties I described above.

Post subject: Honest question.
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:53 pm 

Here is a link to what to expect the patch notes will be. :ayla:
Patch 2.13.5 LIVE
viewtopic.php?t=43949#p613137