Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Matchmaking Xbox one.
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:08 pm 

Let me preface by saying that I have bought this game on 4 different consoles and absolutely love it. That being said, the Xbox one version either has no one playing it or there is a severe matchmaking issue. Rarely do I get to play with humans which should not be the case seeing as how there are over 2 thousand people on the leaderboards. If it's an adoption issue maybe you can do a free game weekend to increase awareness. Or if it's an issue internal to the game's matchmaking system please remedy this. The game is awesome, but playing against bots and only bots really sucks.

Post subject: Re: Matchmaking Xbox one.
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:01 pm 

Alexmenea wrote:
Not to fly in the face of cool consumerism, but if moneys tight why not buy the OG Xbox One? 428 plus three free games on Mighty Ape at the moment.

Stupid spam bots... Anyways. What is the Leaderboard count for Xbox anyway? And this is a question for Joost, kewn, Robin, or whoever read this: can you see awesomenauts assemble player traffic? Is it in depth like steam or what?

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:17 am 
Ronimo Team Member

Hey Vestigial, I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues.

It would be a huge help to us if you could tell us what NAT type you are currently running. Your NAT type is listed over here: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-settings You can find the relevant information underneath the 'Column two: Current network status' title.

Thanks a bunch in advance!

As for player statistics : I'm not entirely sure Aaron, sorry :(. I believe it's less accessible than steam, but I never deal with these stats, so don't quote me on it!

Post Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:03 pm 

While I'm obviously not the OP :D , I too have been suffering from the same issue. The game continues to be amazingly fun (I too started on 360 and also played on Steam for a while), but matchmaking seems pretty inconsistent. It's very rare to play against 3 other human players. There are almost 5k leaderboard entries I believe, which I find encouraging and hence why I believe it's not the population size that's the problem.

I've also had a few network errors but those seem to be rare and I managed to rejoin almost instantly.

Me and my friends usually play together as a team, we all have open NAT and myself and another player usually host the party since we have fiber-optic connection (more often than not we end up being session hosts versus bots). What's weird is sometimes, when waiting on other players, when I'm not the host I see people connecting, but the host does not. Of course, when the time runs out and we do go in game, we are in fact playing against bots.

Hopefully the patch that is being deployed soon along with a new character fixes this issue.

Another unrelated suggestion is, please enlarge the font on the hero abilities description on the character selection screen. There is so much empty screen real estate, it's strange that the font size is that small. I have trouble reading it even on a 40" screen 3/4m away.

Thank you for continuing to build on this awesome game.