Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Ezaelia Forest (v3.3)
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:46 am 

The animation editor can do so much. the possibilities are almost limitless. Here is a looping and active animation I made for the flowers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNm2zJ-AS3g

Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:01 am 

Custom particles can do some awesome things as well if you havent dabbled with them, and can be used inside animations. Patches of magical-y fireflies and such spring to mind in a forest. Then there are particle forces you can add in animations which can do some downright wizardry

Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:11 am 

stev wrote:
Custom particles can do some awesome things as well if you havent dabbled with them, and can be used inside animations. Patches of magical-y fireflies and such spring to mind in a forest. Then there are particle forces you can add in animations which can do some downright wizardry

Particles are a little intimidating right now, but I'm sure I will take a closer look at the options at some point, and hopefully by then someone will have created a section for them in the wiki.

For now, here is another section of the level which is still a work in progress. It's part of a bridge that extends all the way to the opposite side and makes up the top lane. I'm thinking trees and vines make up the ceiling, the bridge is for upper lane, dirt and grass for bottom lane, and underground will be a cave-like room.

I'm learning the importance of keeping a theme when creating level art, for both colors and imagery. You need something that remains consistent across the map like a color scheme, pattern, shape, anything that lets you easily identify the map as its own unique location. For example, in Aiguillon there are many spirals strewn throughout the level, the colors are predominantly red and blue, and there are hieroglyphs that line the floors.

For my map I wanted the primary colors to be purple and yellow, sort of like the thumbnail on the workshop page, but I still need something in the architecture that makes it feel fresh.

https://i.imgur.com/l8bKtL7.jpg