Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next

Post subject: Re: Ask various AI modding questions here
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:18 pm 

Quote:
It absolutely is the hitbox.

:think: I wish I could say this surprised me

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:01 pm 

Why is the collision size random????
WHY WOULD ANYONE MAKE A RANDOMLY SIZED COLLISION SIZE

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:15 pm 

Ten_Tacles wrote:
Why is the collision size random????
WHY WOULD ANYONE MAKE A RANDOMLY SIZED COLLISION SIZE

I guess the same reason card games are fun. They require a bit of skill, but a bit of RNG element makes it more interesting.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:12 pm 

I'd imagine the reason the hitbox height is random is so that the healthbar is placed at different heights above the droid waves most of the time. At least, that's the best explanation I can think of.

my brain at 1:23am is a horse riding aa human as large as a t-rex with machine guns.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:35 am 
Adminaut

Sryder13 wrote:
I'd imagine the reason the hitbox height is random is so that the healthbar is placed at different heights above the droid waves most of the time. At least, that's the best explanation I can think of.

This is a potential reason. I haven't tested to see if you can dynamically alter your health bar height once you have spawned in but I do know once you spawn in you can dynamically alter your collision height (see: Cocoon collision values, Siege Mode, Bike etc.). If you can't dynamically alter health bar position once spawned into the match then the collision height would be a good bandaid alternative.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:09 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

We made them different sizes to make them easier to see when several droids are standing on the same spot.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:26 pm 

Joost wrote:
We made them different sizes to make them easier to see when several droids are standing on the same spot.

That is an excellent explanation.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:49 am 

I have seen quite a bit of information floating around in various places about such things as which names in the code are what objects or what the upgrade names are for various characters, but most of this information seems to be either outdated or flat out nonexistent. I've tried searching around the forums and google for several hours and honestly I cannot for the life of me find information such as what the names of Yoolip's Upgrade names might be or what AICreepAbsorb is. I have found some lists with upgrade information, but it seems to be as old as Solar Trees or the AI Editor itself. Does anyone know where I could find some of this updated information or anywhere it might be compiled together?

Sidenote: Is there a way to edit the base AI (Hero Code) of different items are? I tried messing around and loading stuff in but it seems to change nothing and just sort of...not work.

Thanks. :D

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:06 pm 

ShaddyTheRuler wrote:
I have seen quite a bit of information floating around in various places about such things as which names in the code are what objects or what the upgrade names are for various characters, but most of this information seems to be either outdated or flat out nonexistent. I've tried searching around the forums and google for several hours and honestly I cannot for the life of me find information such as what the names of Yoolip's Upgrade names might be or what AICreepAbsorb is. I have found some lists with upgrade information, but it seems to be as old as Solar Trees or the AI Editor itself. Does anyone know where I could find some of this updated information or anywhere it might be compiled together?

Sidenote: Is there a way to edit the base AI (Hero Code) of different items are? I tried messing around and loading stuff in but it seems to change nothing and just sort of...not work.

Thanks. :D

Here's a list of all the upgrade names.
It doesn't look like Yoolip is in there yet. Might have to poke a guy about it.
EDIT: There is a slow workaround for Yoolip and the other new guys. If you play a character and go to buy an upgrade you can see the name of the upgrade in the InGame AI Menu (Press F4 in a Custom Game with Custom AIs enabled) down in the right corner.
This should help you get the names.

Here should be the internal names of the important creeps and main characters.
It isn't up to date either, but Yoolip's name is Ellipto, so that one is easy.

I don't think you can edit the HeroCode of the naut. What you can do instead is to copy what is in the HeroCode and then instead of including the original into your bot, include your custom one.
Notice that when you create a BehaviourTree with the name of your class, you may be including more things than just HeroCode, so you might want to make this whole Tree custom.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:13 pm 

Quote:
Here's a list of all the upgrade names.
It doesn't look like Yoolip is in there yet. Might have to poke a guy about it.
EDIT: There is a slow workaround for Yoolip and the other new guys. If you play a character and go to buy an upgrade you can see the name of the upgrade in the InGame AI Menu (Press F4 in a Custom Game with Custom AIs enabled) down in the right corner.
This should help you get the names.

Here should be the internal names of the important creeps and main characters.
It isn't up to date either, but Yoolip's name is Ellipto, so that one is easy.

I don't think you can edit the HeroCode of the naut. What you can do instead is to copy what is in the HeroCode and then instead of including the original into your bot, include your custom one.
Notice that when you create a BehaviourTree with the name of your class, you may be including more things than just HeroCode, so you might want to make this whole Tree custom.

Ah thank you for this. I did have both of the links, but the information about finding the upgrade names is good to know. Suppose I might post something later once I'm done messing around.

Also, I completely forgot about that! I messed around with that before when I did some summoning nonsense, so that should be easy to do. Thanks for the help. :ayla:

Edit: So, I wrote all the upgrade names down, and the bot works rather well. The eye shoots correctly and whatnot, but it never seems to buy the Dinos. Any idea as to why? (The upgrade name I found was ELLIPTOMONSTER. I have tried it in all caps, and with the first letters only capitalized, not sure the difference.)

Post new topic Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next