Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: Re: Changes and fixes to paths and namedAreas
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:57 am 

Here's some that 2.9 beta didn't address

On Ribbit, the red launchpad node is called LAUNCHER_0, when every other launchpad node in the game uses the updated camelcase style

On AI Station 404, AboveUpperFirstTower_0 and AboveUpperFirstTower_1 break from the new camelcase style and are also inconsistent with the similar aboveUpperFirstTower_0 and aboveUpperFirstTower_1 nodes on AI Station 205

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:54 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

Unless there is a mistake in that code the names of waypoints are case-insensitive, so it really doesn't matter whether they are all caps or not.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:04 am 

On the area below the drill in Ribbit IV, certain nauts with bad jumps can get stuck in a loop due to the way the one-way paths are structured

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8tgmF0v7NA&feature=youtu.be

This could be fixed by changing behindDrill_0 to point at node 401 and making the 401 path not be one-way

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:05 pm 
Ronimo Team Member

More maps have the double path there, AI Station 205 for example. However, that level has one node less in the middle. Why are you suggesting your specific change instead of suggesting to change it to what AI Station 205 uses? None of the maps use what you are suggesting for Ribbit at the moment, right?

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:39 pm 

Joost wrote:
More maps have the double path there, AI Station 205 for example. However, that level has one node less in the middle. Why are you suggesting your specific change instead of suggesting to change it to what AI Station 205 uses? None of the maps use what you are suggesting for Ribbit at the moment, right?

You're correct. Your solution would make more sense for consistency!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:15 am 
Ronimo Team Member

I have fixed this on both Ribbit IV and Sorona. Also, on AI Station 404 on the right it turned out that the directions were actually inverted, so I have fixed that as well. This fix will probably not go live until patch 2.10.

Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:37 pm 

Some bots seem to have a hard time getting the top left health pickup on Ribbit, but this doesn't seem to manifest on the right side. The pathfinding nodes are actually significantly different between red and blue up there, so I suggest modifying the red nodes to better conform to the blue ones.

To stop this issue from continually cropping up, and for the sake of making things as consistently fair as possible (a small difference in node placement can create a subtle yet important difference to how droids behave that can benefit one side over the other, a big no-no for a game that looks like it's trying to graduate to a serious esport as per awesomecup) it's probably a good idea for Ronimo to take a bit of time and create a tool that exactly mirrors nodes from one side of each map to the other.

Post Posted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:21 pm 

There shouldn't be a named area there. (center bottom)

Also, a request. Currently, there is no easy way to check whether turrets are down. The closest we get are a few named areas in the droppod area so bots can check them when they initialize. Some maps, such as Ribbit IV, have the named areas extraOneUp1, extraOneUp2, extraOneDown1, and extraOneDown2 placed at the turrets. I request that Ronimo add those named areas to every map so bots can register which turrets are down as they pass through them.

Veanko wrote:
Ignotis the hedgehog confirmed

STEAM

Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:01 pm 

AwesomeAI has a system in place for detecting Turret status. I could partially implement this feature portably in the form of a toolkit if you'd like

Post Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:53 pm 

chaorace wrote:
AwesomeAI has a system in place for detecting Turret status. I could partially implement this feature portably in the form of a toolkit if you'd like

I'll get back to you on whether I need that. I have a feeling I may be able to take advantage of Ronimo's path finding to figure it out. I would set a waypoint behind a turret, then check if its possible to get there, and use that to check whether the turret is up or not. If that doesn't work, a portable version of your turret detection logic would be very, very useful.

Veanko wrote:
Ignotis the hedgehog confirmed

STEAM