Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ Awesomenauts

Post subject: [IN-GAME] Skree - SkreeAI
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:36 pm 

my skree bot. i feel he is ready for submission. he does have a few problems with jumping occasionally. but it shouldn't be to much of an issue.

he uses my modified/improved generalAI

Download

here is the build hes using:

Last edited by Veanko on Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: [SUBMISSION] Skree - SkreeAI
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:42 pm 

I played one game against him and he seemed really good at firing his Saw blade and placed down some good Totems. I'm not sure if he just lets the Saw blade go back to him automatically or if he will summon it back himself but from the game I played it seemed the former as there were a few missed opportunities for him to pull it back sooner to get extra damage / a kill.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:57 pm 

we are not ready for a skree bot
also like declan said, doesn't bring saw back

the only starstorm bot we are ready for is ted, and possibly sentry. unfortunately, the sentry one isn't too good :<

Frankie3nig has been permabanned by Sony 0

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:18 pm 

Skree bot is a beast. He is amazing. He is one of the best bots I've seen. However, he's scary as heck, he's not as fun to play against as the other bots, but it's still fun.

Dr. DaMan wrote:

He's so good right? :GnawShock:

Laziest botter on this side of the galaxy!

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:52 pm 

Dr. DaMan wrote:

the only starstorm bot we are ready for is ted, and possibly sentry. unfortunately, the sentry one isn't too good :<

Ugh, not this argument again. I respect all of you feedback and opinions, Daman, except for this one. The skree bot is a beast, just because he's new doesn't mean we can make bots for him.

Bots I've made:

[In-Game] Derpl viewtopic.php?f=23&t=35642 :drool:

http://imgur.com/5P0Ais3

Post Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:37 am 

TheMesp wrote:
Dr. DaMan wrote:

Ugh, not this argument again. I respect all of you feedback and opinions, Daman, except for this one. The skree bot is a beast, just because he's new doesn't mean we can make bots for him.

doesn't stop bots being made for him, but it severely inhibits our ability to critique him. should he be buying this early? would these certain upgrades be better for a bot? could he play a bit more like this? examples of how knowing a naut well improves feedback.
-vinnie needs bubble range(quite early actually), so he doesn't get his ass handed to him
-gnaw should put weeds in certain places on the map, so he's actually contributing to his team
-ayla does better with jawbreakers, since bots are better in 1v1 situations
i just think it'd be better time spent if modders created/improved bots that we already have a firm grasp on

my proper review on this bots.

-not sure about sawblade build. may need more experimenting. doubleblade seems pretty useless on him so far. not sure how early he needs to get bigblade. not sure how well he'd do with lifeblade and slowblade as well.
-not sure bout totem build. especially height + slow together... :huh:
-not sure bout + targets and hit targets multiple times on aa. meta is aa speed plus slow. speed + slow seems like it would just be better on a bot that excels in 1v1 anyway
-doesn't know when to return sawblade back for burst.
-sticks too close when attacking, considering his aa range
-programed to put totem behind me most of the time? seems alright in cutting people off, either from escaping or from their teammates assisting or restricting people's movements. he needs to know how to put it in front of himself/target though. this allows him to kite the target much more safely + what if i'm in his territory(pushing his turret for example). he would be able to cut off my escape. he also puts his totem beside himself when escaping. it's alright, but it's clear it's a problem when when i've cut off his escape path/in front of him. this does nothing to help him escape. prob more of a problem with bots in general only having 1 escape path.
-maybe bit spammy with sawblade. noticable when target running away. very unlikely that it will hit considering sawblade being a bit slow and the distance it travels when initially fired. not really a big deal i guess.
-it he spammy hit totem ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ dunno, maybe. might be an issue with both skills considering how long the cooldowns are on them.
-pushes against droids when trying to clear them even though he has ranged aa
-does this bot not know how to kill solar boss? ur ayla does :<
-derps in 2 pics below. detects me in stealth, so doesn't push? doesn't push even though i'm behind my turret...plays a bit safe when pushing?
prob not as noticeable in real game.

decent bot overall, considering how the ss nauts are more complex. well, skree is a moderatly simple naut so far, and there's enough people playing him that warrants a consistent playstyle/build. i'm prob bias against pennybot/penny players in general.

edit: derp when attacking bottom even when i'm not there

Post Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:14 pm 

eh. i think we should leave it up to ronimo to decide if they are alright if the starstorm nauts become bots. if they are ok with that then i don't see to much of a problem.

Declan wrote:
I'm not sure if he just lets the Saw blade go back to him automatically or if he will summon it back himself but from the game I played it seemed the former as there were a few missed opportunities for him to pull it back sooner to get extra damage / a kill.

Dr. DaMan wrote:

this is impossible. well. not technically. but its impossible to make him know when he should pull it back. at the moment there is no way to check where your sawblade is and where other people are relative to it. i could make him guess where it is. but that may cause him to pull it back at really dumb moments.

also. Dr.DaMan. holy damn that is a lot of feedback. thanks for that!

Dr. DaMan wrote:
does this bot not know how to kill solar boss? ur ayla does :<

no. the only ones that do are Ayla and Clunk. the reason is that they are the only ones that can kill the solar boss reliably 95% of the time. the others had alot of troube killing him if they didn't have most of their upgrades + botcheats.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:22 pm 

Veanko wrote:
Declan wrote:
I'm not sure if he just lets the Saw blade go back to him automatically or if he will summon it back himself but from the game I played it seemed the former as there were a few missed opportunities for him to pull it back sooner to get extra damage / a kill.

Dr. DaMan wrote:

this is impossible. well. not technically. but its impossible to make him know when he should pull it back. at the moment there is no way to check where your sawblade is and where other people are relative to it. i could make him guess where it is. but that may cause him to pull it back at really dumb moments.

so you can't have him use saw again if i'm right in front of him?
like, he see's me in front of him, so he uses saw. can't you have him "fire" the skill again when i'm still in front of him?

Post Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:23 pm 

Dr. DaMan wrote:
Veanko wrote:
Declan wrote:

Dr. DaMan wrote:

like, he see's me in front of him, so he uses saw. can't you have him "fire" the skill again when i'm still in front of him?

If you're right in front of him, yes, but he cannot determine if his saw is behind him. He could've fired his saw, and then turned around and bam, there you are! But on the wrong side. Then he'd recall it, but it wouldn't do anything.

It's the same way with Coco's Ball. We can't determine where it is on the map...

Post Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:42 pm 

FlawlessHair wrote:
Dr. DaMan wrote:

If you're right in front of him, yes, but he cannot determine if his saw is behind him. He could've fired his saw, and then turned around and bam, there you are! But on the wrong side. Then he'd recall it, but it wouldn't do anything.

It's the same way with Coco's Ball. We can't determine where it is on the map...

thanks for the clarification. even if i happened to be on the wrong side, i'd rather have him take that chance i was on the right side :thumb:

Last edited by Dr. DaMan on Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.